Thread: @ ((( Attack Pet Main Target Feature ))) @

@ ((( Attack Pet Main Target Feature ))) @

Please Add Feature:

1. Attack Pet Main Target
    (I know that makes no sense but read very important. One of the biggest problems ANY PET CLASS has is that they cannot be the primary target in any fight or they will simply loose. We rely a great deal on our pets. The first and foremost rule to any Soldier "Your weapon is your life". I am a 126mp and with over 2k of Health and 3k of armor one (maybe 2) hits from any mob or any PVP player and I’m laying on the floor wondering what in the hell just happened.

***All I'm asking is to simply make Any Mob or PVP player have to target our Main Attack Pet and wipe him out before he can get through to the Caster***
    A Life With No Life Is No Life at All

I wouldn't aggree with this at all as a Slayer has much too many HP.

But I wouldn't mind putting either an evade check or a reflect shield until the bot is down. Something like that :P

So pet classes should effectively have 20-30-40k hp, and be able to recast a new pet every time someone finally kills it. Don't think that is a very good idea.

Why don't you just rename your pet to your own name like everyone else and hope that someone shoots the pet by mistake.

Well

I was not suggesting that they do only this. But somthing sim would be great. Somthing that evens us out with other class's. Because we do not even out. PVP wise. Seeing how the Booster brings only pvp to the game and I want to be a part of it but dont want to spend another 5-6 months creating a char.
    A Life With No Life Is No Life at All

Question Hmm?

Not to be a troll or anything, but, if it took you 5-6 months to get to lvl 126, maybe MMORPG isn't your game

*shrug tho* - I know pet classes would rule everyone and their mother if people couldn't target players before pet was dead..

"Trader: Please stand still, I need to get a drain in on you before you can hit me"

"Soldier: Don't move, gotta equip my alpha gun before you may shoot me"

"Fixer: Oh well, just try, you can't hit me anyway "

"Doctor: Stand still bud, init debuff inc!"

And the list goes on

Re: Hmm?

Originally posted by Seldor
    Not to be a troll or anything, but, if it took you 5-6 months to get to lvl 126, maybe MMORPG isn't your game
    It isnt all about lvls took me 14 months to become lvl 200, 14 very well enjoyed months.

Not everyone wants to hit lvl 200 as fast as possible.

Thumbs up Yea, but

The first 100'ish lvl's is pretty easy, that's mostly weird i "joked" about it :)

I bet 50% of your game time on that char was spent on lvl's past 175 :p

Hey dude, take a hint, I dont think your class was inteded to pvp, deal with it. Harsh but true..no?

Re: Yea, but

Originally posted by Seldor
    The first 100'ish lvl's is pretty easy, that's mostly weird i "joked" about it

I bet 50% of your game time on that char was spent on lvl's past 175
    Absolutely correct, after approximately lvl 175 it all became level and level again.

Totally bored as i was at the time i just wanted to hit 200, utter mistake by me. Now NW is out and im on a break from AO pvp is so poorly implemented that i dont want to participate but i sort of have to now, so holiday from the game seemed good.
    Last edited by Eerieness; Dec 6th, 2002 at 17:41:05.

Originally posted by Xzantrial
    Hey dude, take a hint, I dont think your class was inteded to pvp, deal with it. Harsh but true..no?
    These posts are always the best.

Totally moronic posts, not saying that the poster is but the posts are.

Basically what you say is that 5 or 6 classes should pvp the rest shouldnt, cause they werent intended to do pvp?

Well it was intended that crats could make missions for others. It was intended for traders to do tradeskills not pvp and so on...

This reasoning doesnt add upp in the end, if there were something else to do for the people that werent "intended" to pvp i would be totally fine with it, but there isnt!

Whites, whats your 'point'. Okay yeah........wow Okay a moronic post?

.. Dont care!

But im being honest and down to the point.

So they want us to have to KILL the pet before themselves.

Easy to fix, how?

Well first you give engies UBER, Now..I mean uber defencive buffs or relfect, but make them unable to do any damage or enoug to kill a playe without a bot.

There you go, you stay alive and the bot fights.
    Bot dies? Just right click your other one already made? Cant sdo that? run.
    Like everyone.

Re: @ ((( Attack Pet Main Target Feature ))) @

I am a 126mp and with over 2k of Health and 3k of armor one (maybe 2) hits from any mob or any PVP player and I’m laying on the floor wondering what in the hell just happened.

If 1/2 hits from a mob is killing you, perhaps you should pump your evades and STA/BodyDev. My 125 meta has over 3k HP and roughly the same AC as you. Her evades are all around 450 and she can take a beating fairly well.

You cannot die in 1-2 hits a PvP encounter. It's not possible.

All I'm asking is to simply make Any Mob or PVP player have to target our Main Attack Pet and wipe him out before he can get through to the Caster

Umm sure....
    Player with 6kHP has to go through a Demon with 30k+ HP and Belamorte with 10k+ HP before they can get to meta with 5k HP?

If this feature was implemented, they would have to give every non-pet profession a 30k absorption screen to balance it out.
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

Originally posted by Xzantrial
    Whites, whats your 'point'. Okay yeah........wow Okay a moronic post?

.. Dont care!

But im being honest and down to the point.

So they want us to have to KILL the pet before themselves.

Easy to fix, how?

Well first you give engies UBER, Now..I mean uber defencive buffs or relfect, but make them unable to do any damage or enoug to kill a playe without a bot.

There you go, you stay alive and the bot fights.
    Bot dies? Just right click your other one already made? Cant sdo that? run.
    Like everyone.
    Nope, never said that the idea was good, but yes pet proffessions do suck in pvp. Either we need to be upgraded but then we loose our original purpose or we need options that dont involve pvp, take your pick.