Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the general opinion on intra-faction warfare?

Lunayu,
    Neuts: Each to their own. We like Neuts in our guild. They are not the enemy.
    Omni: quite right!
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

well Omni. . .u can strike Omni-Inquisition and TBH from Omni guilds to support/help.

These traitors took it upon themselves to attack our (Phoenix Consortium) base in Lush Fields when it was at 5%.

I was appalled at the omni vs. omni thing, and upset that we could do nothing about it too. Due to the fact our guild is mainly 150+ we could not attack the people under 150 that were attacking our base (despite what an ark says about when a person attacks a base he/she should be attackable by any lvl defender).

The funny part of the story is that we as a guild just put that tower there as a place holder to keep clan from taking it and were actively looking for the owner of said land. But the leader of Omni-Inquisition did nothing but threat and did not listen to our leader about this. They took advantage of a bug in the system where we could not defend and attacked our own people.

I for one will KoS any OI I see now. . .I will have to see what to do about TBH because it was only a few of them supporting the incident. I ask all Omni tek employees to look into this affair and do what the deem necessary about this unfortunate incident

Aggros
    lvl 167 atrox enforcer
    employee of Phoenix Consortium

Originally posted by Aggros
    well Omni. . .u can strike Omni-Inquisition and TBH from Omni guilds to support/help.

These traitors took it upon themselves to attack our (Phoenix Consortium) base in Lush Fields when it was at 5%.

I was appalled at the omni vs. omni thing, and upset that we could do nothing about it too. Due to the fact our guild is mainly 150+ we could not attack the people under 150 that were attacking our base (despite what an ark says about when a person attacks a base he/she should be attackable by any lvl defender).

The funny part of the story is that we as a guild just put that tower there as a place holder to keep clan from taking it and were actively looking for the owner of said land. But the leader of Omni-Inquisition did nothing but threat and did not listen to our leader about this. They took advantage of a bug in the system where we could not defend and attacked our own people.

I for one will KoS any OI I see now. . .I will have to see what to do about TBH because it was only a few of them supporting the incident. I ask all Omni tek employees to look into this affair and do what the deem necessary about this unfortunate incident

Aggros
    lvl 167 atrox enforcer
    Hmm... well, I guess that's the down side of not being in a big org with a large range of levels....

...poor l33t orgs....

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

That sucks Aggros. Not gonna be an ass about it, but I knew that was going to happen.

Which is why I never bought the excuse that you guys were forming you org in favor of the Notum Wars.

Just think, had you guys not been so selfish and split from us.

First Order would have easily had Towers in all level ranges, and the personell to defend them.

Sorry you lost your base, but I guess you guys just need to stick ot 150 stuff, since that's all you care about anyway.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

I was appalled at the omni vs. omni thing, and upset that we could do nothing about it too.
    In real life, aren't there sometimes divisions in large companies that are either openly hostile or plotting the demise of other divisions? Just so they can steal away the talent or funding from their rivals? I've seen this happen in a company once. I even seen a few departments at a University get wiped this way.

I'm not even sure how to view the Omni -vs- Omni. Do I view it as one large company with it's divisions sometimes attacking each other? Or should I view it as independent franchise owners duking it out?

Hmmm... KFM... hmm.. Devil's Advocate... *drools*
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Aggros
    lvl 167 atrox enforcer
    LOL! That's made my day!

BTW - we're loving NW in our Guild - just took another Clan base today....

Hows your small group doing - badly it seems! Seems you were WRONG about not needing lower levels in the guild? Eh? EH!

Coolglow

Aggros
    lvl 167 atrox enforcer
    Rubbish! TBH is about TWENTY TIMES the size of your small org, that's why you know you can't afford to mess with them.

LOL

Coolglow

Originally posted by Fievskin

Rubbish! TBH is about TWENTY TIMES the size of your small org, that's why you know you can't afford to mess with them.

LOL

Coolglow
    Spoken like a true 12 year-old. I suppose you can urinate farther than everyone, and your dad is tougher too.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Lol!
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

(despite what an ark says about when a person attacks a base he/she should be attackable by any lvl defender).

If it would only be like that, many problems would be solved.

Oh , about intra guild conflicts, I am not going to rule it out, if an omni faction decides to mock us to a certain extent (Has to be quite severe) Í'd temporarily "forget" the fact that they are omni.

Altough I doubt that will happen, I will respond if it does.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Well my guild wont attack other omni guilds, and the few times it has been stated on All Towers chat, that we did attack an omni org, at has been a mistake, we were just there defending, when the gas dropped to 5%....

As last night when we were defending Danish Federations and our own base... That was the oddest thing ever to be seen I think...

"The Omni organization Danish Federation, just intered a state of war, they attacked the omni organization Danish Federation...

The Omni organization Nordic Fusion, just intered a state of war, they attacked the omni organization Danish Federation...

The Omni organization The BlackHand, just intered a state of war, they attacked the omni organization Danish Federation..."

Made a good laugh on omni leader channel

As for neutral orgs... lets wait and see...
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Lol, a guild entering a state of war with itself? Haha!
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Exclamation

For the record Omni-Inquisition did not attack some defenceless and angelic org and steal their base.

It was our base before theirs as can be vouched for by our neighbours Synergy, PC failed to explain how they came about gaining it.
    Instead their leader "smack talked" my members and made idle threats which turned out to be mere fabrication.
    I recieved no tells from him after 1 inital offline message, all other communication was send to members of my org and was tantamount to harassment.

People that know me and have known me since release date know that my org is run with very strong morals. I draw the line when someone threatens my org and members with idotic comments like "Lovekitten cussed me out over that tower ill report her" "you will be KOS by Legion" "You are now KOS by legion" "you wont be able to go anywhere" (Boci asked a few people in Legion if they knew anything about this, their response was Phoenix Consortium who??".

I only sent 1 tell to PCs leader asking how they came to be in control of our base and that we would assume they had destroyed it if we did not hear any response in the next 2 days at which we would consider further action.

The offline message i received was somewhat like "you are in no position to mess with people you dont know!"

I have never taken crap off anyone when its been unjustified and i wasnt going to start there.

Thank you to Boci, Baxie, Levrivers, Feiyen, Nyleve, Azazzel and all the other OT orgs that helped me out on this knowing the full situation. I wonder if they are all KOS now too?

Oh and for the record i am not at war with PC. They have been taught their lesson and my org will still help defend any OT base which comes under attack asking for help.
    Devoted President to
    Omni-Inquisition - 1 year old on 22/07/02 - we remember 12.4! -take it easy!

Visit the Omni-Inquisition HQ
    WWW.Omni-Inquisition.net - New site under construction!

The clan guild I am in forbids aiding OT in any way, otherwise I would offer to help. Then again it could be said that Legion are doing us clanners a favour by infighting Maybe that will give Legion something to think about..
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Whether Lovekitten got the tells or not, PC was simply securing the land until the OT owners could be found. That is a fact. We had no need for that land and that is one reason why we didn't bother defending it with towers, which we could have. After we were initially attacked, by OI, we did throw up a couple towers.

As for telling her people... I only replied to tells I got from OI people. I never iniated them, as I did not know they were the owners of the land. Funny how you can't tell people you don't know, eh?

People that know me and have known me since release date know that my org is run with very strong morals.
    Please, many of the people you think you know have some very interesting opinions on your personelly. I find them all accurate and none too flattering. PC was willing to give up the land, but introducing yourself to me and ending your introduction with a threat is NOT the way to go.

Btw... I think you need to talk to Boci and Baxie again. Next time, let them know the FULL story first. I have know Boci forever and it seems there was a misunderstanding. He had the "balls" (implanted of course) to at least talk with me about the situation.

As for the whinners from FO... give it up. We lost a ql50 base and the point of concern is over OT vs. OT. Stop being jealous or hateful. Get a hug.

We just find it funny that your "uber" new 150 guild has a single 150 base. And our "left overs" guild has 3 bases, totaling 185 QL available to us in our Org Contract.

:P
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

we're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you.

-D
    Last edited by Dropcid; Dec 10th, 2002 at 19:41:23.
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Re: Whats the general opinion on intra-faction warfare?

Originally posted by Warlock
    Hi all, just wanted to get the general opinion (mainly from Omni leaders) about intra-faction warefare (i.e Omni's attacking Omni's).

I ask because the areas (still) available to my guild are pretty much all Omni territory, so it will only really be vulnerable to Omni orgs.

Is this behaviour something that org leaders encourage, discourage/prohibit or have no opinion on? (in other words is this purly an Omni vs Clan thing in the layers minds)
    To answer your quesiton, I think all OT vs. OT warefare should be avoided at all costs. I personally discourage such actions. However, there are traitors to the company and those guilds must be addresses on a case by case basis.

I am glad you brought this up on the AO forum and apologize for participating in the off-topic nonesence with others seems to like to dredge up.

If you are a General or the President of an OT guild and are interested in joining the OT alliance please feel free to contact me in game.

The following OT guilds are on board with the alliance: RHD, Sentinels, Mayhem and PC.
    Last edited by Dep; Dec 10th, 2002 at 20:17:51.

Private opinion

I am a private, not a general, so here is my private opinion

Once omni has been removed from Rubi Ka, then I might consider attacking a fellow clanner. If a clanner attacks my base, they are misguided, and I will defend, and defend hard enough that they wont try it again.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast