Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the general opinion on intra-faction warfare?

Whats the general opinion on intra-faction warfare?

Hi all, just wanted to get the general opinion (mainly from Omni leaders) about intra-faction warefare (i.e Omni's attacking Omni's).

I ask because the areas (still) available to my guild are pretty much all Omni territory, so it will only really be vulnerable to Omni orgs.

Is this behaviour something that org leaders encourage, discourage/prohibit or have no opinion on? (in other words is this purly an Omni vs Clan thing in the layers minds)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Thumbs down omni vs omni

ok i am not a guild leader but we have discussed this in my guild and are united in that any guild that attacks another will have any towers that they have destroyed and will never get any buffs nor team with us ever again. we will also assist in attacking them at every opportunity. we are OMNI not clannners fighting amongst ourselves, if we go down this route then the clans will wipe us out 1 by 1 this cannot be allowed to happen. ok nuff said now lets never talk about this disgusting idea ever again.
    Smashemup by name and by nature

So far both Clanners and Omnis have very much banded together to fight each other.

I'm sure that people who break that cohesion for little or no reason will face severe consequences. For either faction.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

On RK2 there have been limited in-faction conflicts. They tend to result in a lack of cooperation between guilds, but not really open conflict. At least not in the past. This may simply have been because so little of the game occurs in 0% zones.

One of the reasons is the basic game mechanics. <tab> to find a target. <ctrl-tab> to find a friend. This is why neutrals have such a hard time getting included in events like Camelot.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

I would expect any org that deliberately attacks and/or destroys another org base from the same faction... well I would expect severe consequences.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Should never happen.... but probably will

Being a Omni Leader, I would like to comment that in-faction conflict over land control should not happen, and if it did the offending Org would be ignored when the Clanners attack them..... However, as the available QL's for land are limited, I can only imagine the discussions over which org gets the QL 200 plots..... couple this with the upcoming trend of tower ninjaing I can see Inter-faction fighting being inevitable. The fact that theres limited space doesn't make it right, but what will omni orgs do? draw straws for the plots? I don't think so.
    You know when you have been in the Shadowlands too long when you forget about Whompahs and the Grid and run everywhere

this option is what will eventually allow the game to live up to its name, ANARCHY online. its not just a $10 word they threw in there to atract attention anymore. with land control this world will fall into chaos.

land control is new and people are just working through it all with FC. its novel right now. but in a few weeks, when every spots been taken, stuff will start to happen.

with crowd control it wont be single bases being attacked, it will be multiple. there will have to be faction rallies because there will be 3 or 4 bases under attack at the same time and that means 25-40 people needed (depening on what the cap ends up gettting set at.) people will get bored waitng to zone in and theyll start setting up STRATEGY. such as this

Omni attacks site A, B, and C. split forces evenly. Force moves into site A and attacks drawing attention. clan panics. so you have 100 clanners waiting to zone in to battle. then omni moves in on other sites B and C. clan disperces and splits forces with little communication and all three sites become weak and are taken. that will be cool.

but fromt his youll have drama. what if one guilds towers always seem to get low priority for defense? alliances will from to form a defense priority "list."

eventually there will be stale mates and the more powerfull guilds will only be able to get more power by eating their own. they will do it to. drama and chaos will spread and well get anarchy.

it sounds pretty cool to me. weve already seen FC cant upkeep a story line. the potential for human drama given with NW will be enough story for all of us, and well care. who cares what happened to Radiman when guild x just stabbed your guild in the back and took one of your bases?

it wont be roleplaying, it will be real betrayal, real anger, real war.

but lets just hope we can all be mature and civil in it all

You OT people can fight amongst yourselves, while we Clanners keep woopin your butt like whe have been almost non-stop for the last several days.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

There will be interfaction fighting...

... due to the incompetence of Digital River/FC.
    99% of the land is taken, and the disabled land is not enough (by far) to accomodate the europeean guilds.

I am all for the rp aspect of AO, and NW has helped a lot, unfortunately the above mentioned problem will create a lot of Irate customers.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Our guild will not get involved in any intra-faction fights. I do not know what we would do if another faction attackde us, we would probably fight them off then let it be known they are untrustworthy. We clanners tend to stick together, so I doubt we would have this issue.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Citizen_VAIN

Omni attacks site A, B, and C. split forces evenly. Force moves into site A and attacks drawing attention. clan panics.
    Looooooooool

On RK2, Omni couldn't conquer a bucket of urine atm.
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

While its encouraging to see such unity within the factions I wonder how long this will hold up.

The reason I say this is because Digital River shipped today and probably all the other mail order places outside the US - even if FC turn on the reserved areas I still predict that there will be tons more players than zones (which is not a bad thing - except under the circumstances of the launch)

This weeked is probably going to show us if those who did not get the booster in time turn on their own in an attempt to gain land.
    Last edited by Warlock; Dec 6th, 2002 at 17:30:12.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Well... we have the really low level areas....

Like 10-15 in Galway Shire... I can't really see Clan or Neutrals getting there to fight.. just too hard and difficult to do when your 6-25..
    So those that can realisticaly fight over those land areas are omni (or clan around Tir).

Good or Bad? Neither in my book, since this is a war for Notum and not you political preference. Two former enemies band up and help defend someone elses towers against the "evil" clan attackers... then back to contend over those other areas...

Political repucusions? offcourse!

At higher levels though, aka 100+, it might not be so smart to attack the same side. But there are loads of easy to get to areas that the other side has towers in to satisfy everyone.

Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

On RK2, there was a time when some clan guilds declared war on the clan guild Quizotic. There was also a time when omni guilds were very unhappy with the omni guild Total Chaos, though the word war was never used. Both of those were over Tarasque loot, of course

Back then there really was no way to fight another guild of the same faction. With NW, maybe the next same faction conflict will be more substantial.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

I expect so too. Its a good excuse for payback in some cases. Childish, but now a legal part of the game
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Only reason you really want land in 'omni' areas(if your omni) is for faction protection due to relative distance. If you jack another omni guild you lose this and now have gained enemies on your own side. You lose the benefits of building in that area. Might as well try finding the same lvl range in clan land. Besides i think 5% is only for 1 hour. not gonna be easy to go through a well designed lvl 200 base in 1 hour. *shrug*. If clanners attack me ima stick my foot in their ars.

-Arsiine.

Landless Guilds a New Mercenary Power?

I was just thinking that some landless guilds can become new powerbases as untouchable mercenaries. As distasteful as it sounds, instead of a guild risking their land in a direct assault, they can hire mercenary guild(s) to assault towers. So it doesn't matter if the target land is Clan, Omni or Neutral. Do you think a situation like this will occur in a few weeks or months?

I for one would never attack another Omni-controled base unprovoked . As much as I would like to hit a couple (you know who you are), my first loyalty is to Omni-Tek.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Re: Landless Guilds a New Mercenary Power?

Originally posted by zugs
    I was just thinking that some landless guilds can become new powerbases as untouchable mercenaries. As distasteful as it sounds, instead of a guild risking their land in a direct assault, they can hire mercenary guild(s) to assault towers. So it doesn't matter if the target land is Clan, Omni or Neutral. Do you think a situation like this will occur in a few weeks or months?
    That's an interesting idea. Maybe it will provide a way for neutral guilds to recieve a bigger piece of the pie if they decide to become for-hire tower attackers. I would be most worried about inter-faction warfare in the low level areas though, places like Lush Fields, or Omni-Forest(for omni-tek) where there is little chance of clan attacks and bases that at least appear easy targets for guilds looking for land. The Notum Wars will bring a lot of faction solidarity though IMO, I know that I for one would never attack an omni tower base and am more than willing to help defend them from clan attack, and not just for the xp bonus (which was a very good decision by funcom, it provides a tangible benefit to facilitate clan vs. omni warfare).

Speaking of Neutrals

Neutrals are being treated like babies. Many Guilds are calling them 'off limits' and will give you a tough time just as if you attacked one of your own. Looks pretty good for the Neuts.

I think that's a load of bull. They put up a Tower, they show their muscle. Just because they didn't pick a major side in the conflict doesn't mean they should be treated special. Neuts have it hard at times, you realise that as soon as you walk into one of their cities and look around. However that's their choice and they shouldn't be pampered just because of the way they choose to live.

That said, I'd like to point out that they are still better than the tight-fisted, mindless, Omni that infest the Neutral cities.
    ArchPriest Katelin 'Lunayu' Saar - Former President of the Guild of Meta-Physics
    Former Council Member of the Council of Truth

House Demonslap
    A little Anger never hurt Nobody...

"It's called an Anger Manifestation not a Love Manifestation!"
    "And how does that make you feel?"

hit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast