Thread: If your going to have 5% zones then allow for formal alliances

If your going to have 5% zones then allow for formal alliances

Refering to my previous post on omni bretherin getting attacked by omni towers in a 5% zone. It is not possible to get teams going with allied orgs to avoid this situation when battle is in progress.

Solution is to allow orgs to have formal alliances working within game. This would allow for an alliance chat and perhaps set a limit of 10 orgs can be allied. It should show up when you ID the player as to who your allied. Most importantly you would not be open to fire in a 5% zone where it is controlled by an alliance org and could not target alliance members either in any zone. (except arena)

At least this way if you have an org that you may be at war with even in the same faction you can still attack their towers because they are not in your alliance.

DaOC has this type of alliance setup and it really is only used for communication purposes but it is so much more important for AO considering these zones.

thoughts?

FC pls look into this
    Umm.. yes, i chose a crat.. i know.. WHY oh WHY?

Rocco Romble Eberling

Playing my alt Lakespeed like many other crats

Account Created 2001-06-28 3:08:07

Thumbs up its a good idea

it is being discussed on the crowd control suggestion thread already
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Oh I have thoughts all right...

Yes! But I claim we should be allowed to have cross faction alliances as well.

My idea is along this line:

Each controller carries a 'friends list'. Each name added to the list stays there for 30 min after which time it can be refreshed.

If you attack a controller you are banned from the friends list for 30 min.

You can add yourself to the friends list by bringing up a controller menu and declaring yourself an ally.

If you declare yourself an ally then the following happens for 30 min:
    1. The towers will not attack you.
    2. You can not be tab targetted by owners of the tower or others on the friends list.
    3. You can not buff or heal those not on the list.
    4. You can not attack the towers nor friends nor owners.

If you are not on the friends list then:
    1. The towers will attack you.
    2. You can be tab targetted by all those on the list.
    3. Once you attack anyone on the list or in the owning guild then you are automatically banned from the list for 30 min.

You might also have only a short time to add yourself to friends list before towers open fire...this prevents 'spys' from lounging around in the zone.

This way Neuts, Clans and Omni can all aid one another.

To me, it would seem to code alliances, as if they were, "Guilds within guilds"

In order to form an alliance, you would have to have similar things as you do to form a guild.

A minimum number of guild participants (Must be the presdent of the org) all in a team, and then they create the alliance. The way that changed from there could be dones is similar to the voting system, where somone initiates a vote, and all the guild leaders that are in the alliance have to vote, have x days etc. This would include future joins/changes etc.

This seems like a complicated Idea, but I can already visualize most of the system in my mind, and i think that it would be a really cool addition to AO.

(Yes i know, why not just form big guilds... why? cause most of us dont like that :P )
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

It would also be nice to have a way to flag neuts as friendly instead of having to shout every 5 mins "Please dont shoot the neuts they are on our side"
    Originally posted by Runar Thor
    Having a launch like AO had was like being violently spanked for 2 years straight and we swear by the great, soft pillow in the sky to take every precaution possible to ensure the future safety of our botties

Thumbs up

agree agree!

Alliances are a good idea!
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Lets just hope it happens. I think it will though. FC knows there is a problem with the current implimentaion.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Make same side orgs allied by default

I think allied orgs should be the default. I doubt any clan orgs are going to attack any clan towers or omni orgs are going to attack any omni towers until every available land controll area is taken. Even then they would be more likely to attack the oposing sides towers to clear a spot for theirs. Therefore the default should be allied and you should only be able to attack a same-side org's tower if you declare war on them (or they declare war on you).
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

yep yep Alliances should be the default

There should be a mechanism for guild war.

I think 5% should go away and guilds that are at war should be able to attack during the 25% period.

Guildless players, they can leave as is, since they get flagged for PvP.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Thumbs up

Yup...this NEEDS to be done...
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

This would be good also from a logistics point of view. Out Tower was taken tonight East of Wine, no problem with that, was an experimental one. However, it was attacked with 20mins of 5% gas left, whilst we could have called on friends to come help, by the time they Gridid/Whompa'd to wherever, Yalmed, buffed up ran/fly out there would have been little to no time. By having alliances this would allow them to use your controller access in the grid? Don't know how this could be implemented but would make it a lot easier/quicker to defend in these situations.

I mean face it, all a force has to do is hug the line untill the gas changes to 25% or 5% wait untill there is 20 mins left on either gas rate then attack. The attackers are always going to have an advantage with this scenario unless your Org has 20-50 people on permenantly or people watching the boundary for the entire 25% and 5% period Sorry but people aint gonna do that for 5-6 hrs a day every day esp when all the opposing force has to do is head straight for the controller~~
    Pecka Lvl 180+ Soldier RK2 ~~ Imminent retirement ~~
    Hottbuns Lvl 90+ Doctor RK2
    Peckka Trader with original naming policy, 160+
    Alvar 110+ Meatshield