Thread: Stop rooting right before mobs death and the length of it!!!!!

Stop rooting right before mobs death and the length of it!!!!!

Ok I am sick of getting rooted right before the mob dies. This is totaly STUPID! And what is up with the length of the roots???

I solo alot and have died often because of the length of the roots. Most of the time they are 10-15min long! The game should be able to see that I am on a solo mission and cut down the root time. Its "ok" when in a team because U have ppl to watch your back. I have often died when rooted and a mob is at the other end of the room shooting at me! I cant run because I am slowed down to the speed of a snail! FIX THIS PLZ!

Mobs should have a "limet" for how long in there life they can cast nanos...1/5 left and they cant...

Just a idea.

Wink

If you'll check with your freindly treatment kit vendor you'll find that there's a couple new items to help against roots and skill deval nanos. I'm using them in solo missions and having much more success than before they were instituted.

I know that. But havn't u seen? U have to sit to use them!! And u cant use them in a fight... LOL! Thats a big laugh! They do no good when u are getting your butt kicked because of the root.

Erm I remember patch 13 sumpthin they said in the patch notes when it was still on the test server

"Hostile nanoprograms cast by NPCs will terminate when killed"

Of course this never made it to live
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Just vote for it, pisses me too
    They can, for example, half time of roots mobs landed on players in PvM as they half PvP damage easy. Or as simple as they did promise - died mob=no root.

Two points.

First, is that there are 'stims' that you can use to weaking roots. Yeah, that's the word, 'weaken'. It may take 10 or more tries to weaken it enough to get free, but it kinda works, and you can use them while standing. Certainly, nothing like the old debuff approach, but it sure beats standing around for 10 minutes.

Second, I 100% agree that it is completely dumb for Mobs to root/snare, deprive/unmake, or poison, as the last gasp death act in a single player misson. I've never died because of it, but I sure have stood around a fair while waiting for them to wear off. In the context of a battle is makes sense to do these things, but when the battle is over, to do it is simple spiteful.

And you're right, they do it regularly, so its gotta be a deliberate sequence introduced into their program. I'd sure love whoever put that in there to come forth and try to explain it.

Yes, I agree.

I have purchased the stims and such and use them to free myself, but the point remains:

This adds no value to the game from a RP point of view. It only adds a minor money sink and more stuff you need to keep in your inventory.

It's like adding an extra gear to a machine that serves no purpose, it just spins. You have to have it or your spend 4 minutes rooted or 18 minutes snared.

Why not just introduce rust stim. Every 2 minutes you must use a rust stim to restore the integrity of your armor. Everybody can get them, everybody can use them. Character development is in no way affected by them. Just another pointless spinning gear.

And shoe oil stim to prevent squeaking.
    And oil change stim for Yalhama
    And flint-stone stim for keeping blades sharp
    ad infinitum

Roots and snares should end when "you are no longer under attack" and this is already checked for as you cannot sit and use treatment kits until you are aggro free.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."