Thread: Graphics and Sound update

Graphics and Sound update

I believe that I am getting higher frame rates since I installed the booster pack. I believe that I am seeing buildings further off.

Has anyone else seen an improvement, and in which areas?

Also, Where is the new music that is supposed to be available?

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

I have definitely noticed improved graphics since I installed NW: I can see further and I can see more detail.

And the frame rate seems better

Now this is what im talking about. This is why i bought it and waiting with anticipation for it to arrive.

Question.

When does it install as I hear its just a key code you enter?

there is software to install

When you put the disk in, it brings up an install screen, giving you the option to install nw or ao client. I click nw, and it transfered a buncho files to my hd, and then asked me for the registration key.

I believe you can register without the install, but your machine would be in a state akin to if you had logged onto a pc with NW not installed, things would be missing.

my main complaint is there there isnt a leet doll contained in the packaging.

ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Re: there is software to install

Originally posted by Animosity

my main complaint is there there isnt a leet doll contained in the packaging.

ani.
    /me screams in terror

*Gaaahhhhh*
    No leetdoll... give us a leetdoll!! or at least sell us some!!
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

ya! must have da leet d00l the tiny doll in the nw pack would be uber
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

I want a Leet doll on the top of my christmas tree this year please (fairy wings and wand not inc)

he he would be nice.

I did notice better frame-rate on beta, but I put it down to serverload etc, even if it doesn't improve on live, I still want my atmospheric spaceships and skys, it may sound shallow to want the eye candy too, but wtf none of us bought a top-of-the-line graphics card because we DON'T like things to look nice

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I like the new improvements alot, but why does Omni Entertainment skyline from a distance look nothing like the actual Omni Entertainment? Just go out into Omni Forest and see.

Arrow

And some of the airborn traffic only seems to exist out of the corner of your eye... Tir seemed particularly bad for that. (GF4200 with current non-beta drivers). Anyone else getting that?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

the game indeed runs much better not yet like it should but its progress I also luv the spaceships flying all over the place

One thing I have seen

I have seen the cities on the horizon, which is nice to orient yourself while in flight. I have also noted that land appears further away, also good for finding cities in flight.

I believe that things in the distance get far less animation than they used to. If you watch a mob running at the extreme edge of your view range, you will see him only updating once or twice a seconds, whereas the people closer update much faster.

I have not seen things out hte corner of my eyes though

I guess what i am looking for in the update is new features, not new content, though both could rightly be called an update.

You can fly up very close to some of the ships and small planes over Trade, very nice detail on them

Originally posted by Myers
    I like the new improvements alot, but why does Omni Entertainment skyline from a distance look nothing like the actual Omni Entertainment? Just go out into Omni Forest and see.
    Omni-trade seen from pleasant meadows or lush fields never looked like the real omni trade either.
    And if you try to run around it to the north, through lush fields and then PW, you'll notice that it's way bigger than the real thing too, and after turning at the nw corner, you'll go to the south a little, then zone to... Omni forest, in a little no-mans-land place that you're not supposed to be able to get in (you can find some mobs lost in that dimensional vortex too ;))

Anyway, I like to see the cities in the distance, even if they only remotely look like the real city.

Some of the animation is a bit wierd tho Like: Why in hell is that cargoship landing on the trade statue's head? Or Ok..it's landing atop an outside vendor's booth? whaaaaaaat?

Still it is nice to be running through the countryside and see those large cargo ships crusing across. Now we just need a modified rare-spawn graphic in clon**** where the notum launchers accidentally shoot down a ship from time to time.

Pretty unlikely that would happen.. how often does a space shuttle collide with a plane? It's all timed and coordinated so that doesn't happen
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.