Thread: Weird bug...Entering 'NOWHERE"...

Exclamation Weird bug...Entering 'NOWHERE"...

This has happened three times...when I leave Fair Trade in Tir and cross the bridge going toward the Arena, I enter an area named 'NOWHERE'.

This is a barren environment that starts out in a V shape and widens out as you move foward. Going 'back' does not help.

I end up SW of Tir City about a minutes run in distance. There are no trees, rocks, Mobs, nothing!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Stragenly enough I have encountered this. Tho.. not quite like the way its happened to you. I was running around in 4-Holes when out of the blue I zoned into a open are on the edge of the world! I walked forward and there was this huge lake. Never did figure out where it took me.

Thanks to the ARK Who pulled me out

"You seem... lost? Wha, where are we?" - ARK

This happened to me to while running towards the gate outside Newland City.. It was a rectangular shaped place called 'Zone Border'.. I was at one of the corners at coords 0,0. The edges was like the end of the world.. with the sky beneath the ground.

this is an old thing

I've fallen into the not-zones between Tir and Greater Tir (as well as other locations) since oh, maybe 12.4 ? It is an old bug. The solution is to turn around and run 'til you hit the zone again. You'll be fine. I /terminated a character out of a no-zone once and that worked too, but its hardly the best idea. I just didn't know what it was at the time.

Heh. I got thrown into the very edge of Greater Tir County today while running in Tir. I just terminated because i'm lazy.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

you can't always rezone in. I wandered around in the between-zones around newland desert for a while trying to find my way back in... wandered alla way to the edge of the world. (The ancients were right... the world *IS* flat, and if you go too far, you might fall off!) Tried going back, and I couldn't get past the edge of the zone. But it *WAS* entertaining to watch rhinos fall from the sky.

Theanna

Friend of mine experienced this yesterday aft. She completed a mission at Harry's in Lush Fields, zoned out of the mission builing into a "nowhere" zone which appeared to be just south of Omni Trade. However she couldn't zone anywhere and is stuck there. Natually, petitioning did absolutely no good as she is still stuck there after 6 petitions. Great support we have here.

You can recreate this manually. The south wall of Tir has a ramp right next to it and you can run up the ramp and jump OVER the wall of Tir City. You can then run to the edge of the zonemap if you want to. It's really a dumb bug. I'm surprised that the zones aren't more bubble or full wall like around certain cities (or all of them since people have Yalmahas)
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

"One showing is worth more than a thousand tellings"

- Chinese saying

http://home.broadpark.no/~aormehau/zone1.gif
    http://home.broadpark.no/~aormehau/zone2.gif
    Glbob - lvl50 Enforcer - RK1
    ^____---