Thread: patch-notes 4-12-2002

patch-notes 4-12-2002

Changes 04.12.02
    You will now be notified if you run out of ammo while fighting.

Unless you have enabled your account for The Notum Wars, the map window (ctrl + 6) will no longer show a green grid when you do not have the proper map uploaded.

A few NPCs that became unintentionally "wimpy" as a result of the Notum Wars, have regained some of what they lost.

A change has been made to the Mongo line of nanos, to prevent the heal-over-time component being refreshed upon zoning (which is not intended). Two nanos will now be placed on you when you cast a Mongo, one containing the heal-over-time component - this new second nano will not take up any NCU space.

The three new engineer team-based special attack absorber nanos were incorrectly marked as being area-based instead of team-based as intended. They have been fixed to correctly only buff members of the engineer's team.

Fixed a problem with nano program time reduction items. This problem would sometimes lead to these items adding time to the unfriendly nano instead of deducting it.

Complete Heal and Invocation of the Phoenix no longer require the target to have 1 NCU free.

Characters being PvP enabled anywhere (shown with ** on each side of their name) will now not be attackable by their own side in 100%, 75% and 25% suppression areas. In addition, normal PvP level limits will now apply for them.

Several description errors (missing stats) for nano program effects have been fixed.

You will no longer get a message that you lost XP when actually gaining XP. This was an error in the side bonus XP between server and client, and was only a visual bug.

Your character animation will no longer freeze when sitting down and getting up again.

Fixed a visual error with cloaking devices and sunglasses.

Land control

The build menu for towers will now include whether the area is enabled for land control or not.

The help system has been updated with information on organisation advantages. This info has also been added to the description text on the advantages.

The description of the Personal Grid Converter has been improved to better match the actual use.

Located a bug allowing people to stack several advantages of the same type. This has been fixed, and you will now only be able to have one advantage of each type.

Deleting your own organisation's controller will result in a five hour period where you can't build a new one in the same area. The reason for this "harsh" measure is the "borderline exploit" where people rebuild their controller time and time again to keep the area in a continual 100% suppression.

Technical

Loading of rooms you've already visited has been improved, and moving between rooms in indoor areas should now be smoother.

A lag issue has been solved. This might help reduce the "server lost" disconnections people have been experiencing more of lately.

The workaround for Kyro graphics cards are no longer needed. We have implemented code that validates the cards' rendering capabilities properly. You can now undo the workaround by putting the ground slider back to "Automatic" and you will not have any lower quality than the card can handle.

Dangit all! How about allowing me to upgrade to my latest drivers, Funcom. I would really like to use them considering a lot of the newer games require that I have the latest drivers installed. Ugh!

nvidia geforce2 mx 400
    windows 98se
    DX 8.1
    new drivers 40.72 will not work with AO...see the technical forum if you experience fubar blocky text after installing these new drivers

AO requirements: Do not install your latest drivers if AO looks okay with the old ones, or the game might become FUBAR. Especially, if you have windows second edition and a geforce card. After all, those cards aren't popular, are they? /sarcasm

"A lag issue has been solved. This might help reduce the "server lost" disconnections people have been experiencing more of lately. "

My God, take this back, I prefer dropping occasionally to not being able to move due to the massive lag. My nice green ping indicator has been orange at best since this patch.

Originally posted by Chopit
    Dangit all! How about allowing me to upgrade to my latest drivers, Funcom. I would really like to use them considering a lot of the newer games require that I have the latest drivers installed. Ugh!

nvidia geforce2 mx 400
    windows 98se
    DX 8.1
    new drivers 40.72 will not work with AO...see the technical forum if you experience fubar blocky text after installing these new drivers

AO requirements: Do not install your latest drivers if AO looks okay with the old ones, or the game might become FUBAR. Especially, if you have windows second edition and a geforce card. After all, those cards aren't popular, are they? /sarcasm
    The WinXP 40.72 drivers work great for GeForce4 Ti
    I love em.

I dont know if the issue is with the lower end GeForces or Win98se itself..
    Sorzella 173 NonoHPmage Assassin NT
    Advisor to Izgimmers Legacy
    /me reloads her Caterwaul
    /say No you may not have UA/TTS! However can I interest you in this fine Humidity Extractor?
    On a long enough timeline the survival rate of everyone drops to zero...

it's probably an AO issue, there are 2 current fixes that seem to work.

if you're in 16 bit, bump it up to 32 bit (if you can)

downgrade your drivers.

have yet to test their effect on a GF4, but know this works on a GF3

Originally posted by Sorzella

The WinXP 40.72 drivers work great for GeForce4 Ti
    I love em.

I dont know if the issue is with the lower end GeForces or Win98se itself..
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

not win98se

I dont think it's windows 98 se. I use win98se with a radeon 8500 with no problems.

Re: not win98se

Originally posted by Herb
    I dont think it's windows 98 se. I use win98se with a radeon 8500 with no problems.
    I was talking about the 40.72 det drivers with win98se and GeForce cards and AO.. Not Radeon.
    Sorzella 173 NonoHPmage Assassin NT
    Advisor to Izgimmers Legacy
    /me reloads her Caterwaul
    /say No you may not have UA/TTS! However can I interest you in this fine Humidity Extractor?
    On a long enough timeline the survival rate of everyone drops to zero...