Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organisation Buildings

Organisation Buildings

Any Organisation should have a Org Building.

There should be three places where these buildings are, one for each faction.

The building should look that it fits to the Government Type.

There should be a mission briefing room in it, with a map where you can see the current Tower Situation.

There should be a org container where all ppl of an org have access to.

this is a cool idea

I like the idea a lot. the apartments we have not serve no real use and org build rooms could be build with differnt fuctons build in to them at a cost. It would be a nice think for a org at high levels to spent their money on and help communtity building as well.

some room ideas

target range:

have dummys of differnt ql to test weapons (see what damage is done after armour absorbs it)

Nano casting:

room same as traget range but regens nano pool quick to test nanos on

trade skill room:

Gives a small buff for trade skills and has storage banks for trade skill items.

armoury:

hold weapon and armour but in catorgys so and auto sorts by ql, type and what you can equip

doctor room:
    has the implant machione from general stores

general store room

Good ideas @ void.

Those additional rooms should have to be bought by orgs. Wouldn't that be cool?

The org building should be like the appartments, but you don't have to have a key for it instead you have to be in an org.
    Last edited by Jonus; Dec 4th, 2002 at 16:45:41.

Easy to implement, lots of fun for orgs.

Don't let this drop.

I was just about to post basically the same idea.

I also think that this would be the perfect place for a guild bank of items and gear.

Being able to add on rooms, or buy preset configurations, such as a dance hall, etc. would be pretty neat.
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Rhetoric is useful because... before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct. Aristotle, 1355a20-27

The add-on rooms w/ special attributes is a cool idea.

One addition I'd like to see is that in the original configuration of the building, you'd get an antechamber that everyone had access to so people who wanted info about your guild would have a known place to go to get it. They could also expect to meet a recruiter there. Perhaps this would be a separate room off the main hallway.

One way to do this generally would be to allow the guild itself to specify the access restrictions for each room in their house (e.g. everyone, alliance, guild, member, board, etc)

Make a controller a building that we can go into. You can make it so that the outside graphic is like a elevator down inot the building and there could b like shops and crap wo how fun.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

BUMP

This sounds like so much fun and would be very beneficial to any org, I'm sure.

Also, the antechamber idea seems very nice indeed.

please funcom, even portions of these ideas would be very cool, if added.

I think it would make the game more fun for everyone.
    «¤ W¥RM ¤»

i've seen several posts of this sort. i would think that org buildings could work like apartments. the same door would open up into your org, whichever one you're in. this would be way cooler than apartments because it would actually be social. some of the ideas above seem a little far fetched, but just a meeting place for the org would be a good start.

put them near your towers, i think that would raise i nice RPing element

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Yes. It would certainly encourage people to defend their towers.

And destroy others' towers.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Originally posted by mgbkurtz
    put them near your towers, i think that would raise i nice RPing element

kurtz
    Two problems actually. The first, is that if you had the org building next to (or in) an org tower, only those orgs that had towers could have org buildings.

The second follows from the first, and is that if you lose your tower you lose your building. While, as Blue Cat notes, this may encourage defense of towers, most likely it'll also encourage people not to add much value into org buildings, and the original poster's idea would be lost.

Both are problems if you're going to have real org buildings that had things like the org armor bank, general meeting rooms, etc. Also, I think it make more sense to have them in a city.

Rooms in Towers in a interesting addition and could be seen as sort of tactical rooms, but they shouldn't take the place of org builds.

i love this idea bump for you
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

ok, then put one by the towers and one in a main city (tir, rome, bor, etc) so you have 2+ locations..

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Post ~*~

Bumped!!
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Talking

Org housing to the people!
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

Unhappy

Probably the most useful aspect of this grea idea is the bank. A single large bank with armor, 125+ implants, weps, for guild members would be great.

possible exploit however: a seemingly noob player joins guild, cleans out the bank....
    solution: don't put your pppe in there? Or perhaps org bank withdrawals approved by elder members first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast