Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP rankings on website

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    It's bad enough with jerks who think their titles mean anything more than a willingness to engage in poor sportsmanship. This would only whet their appetite for additional false ego boosts while reducing gameplay enjoyment for the majority of paying customers.

Thanks for calling Us Jerks just because there is a *little* bit more to this game then

"You Hit Veteren Thug for 456 Points of Energy Damage..."

We who pvp, work hard for the titles regardless of what you think.

Don't like pvp? Fine stay out of 25% there are plenty of Zones where you can get nice messages like

"You Hit Veteren Thug for 456 Points of Energy Damage..."

Originally posted by Scumbug

why do you suppose they do it then?
    if not to show off thier uber title?
    if there were nothing to show off there would be no point
    in camping/farming/exploiting/etc and im quite sure a huge
    percentage of the lamers would find something else to do.

(not all, of course, some people actually will engange
    in repeatative acts of griefing just to be annoying)

i have overheard directly ingame too many title-farmers
    making it quite clear why they do what they do.
    they like to brag about it, and it just doesnt occur to them
    that noone else is impressed. they think the only
    point of PvP is to get a better title any way possible.
    I'm not claiming PVP titles are meaningful, useful or impressive. Everyone plays this game for different reasons, and some for several of them: Some like to camp hunt outdoors. They want to stand in one spot where things spawn over and over and kill them again and again with no risk. Some people like to token farm and do missions. Some people like to roleplay, some people like to kill other players.

Most of the time there is no intersection or conflict between these desires of players, but some people camp hunt in places that others can kill them in. Sure you get upset when you get killed. Heck if I BOUGHT A HOUSE next to an AIRPORT I'd complain about the noise and try and get the airport shut down an moved. Will I? I doubt it. What is stoping YOU from just going to BS HOME and doing missions there? The exp is better than camp hunting and so is the loot, you just have to PLAY indoors.

I agree titles do encourage PVP, but I don't think STATS will make people PVP more or do so in some LAMER way than they do now. Remember STATS can be a 2 edged sword. If the info is detailed enough you can tell the difference between a griefer and a good player. With the stat data I suggested you could see if someone did nothing but kill lower players based on their mean level kill. Stats will simply give people who enjoy PVP some more JOY from PVP.

Also large scale PVP is a myth and it's not just because of the title system, it's because the game engine doesn't handle 30 on 30 conflicts very well. Solo PVP is pretty much all there is. In 2ho there is teamwork but no teams due to titles. If people did get titles for PVP no one would PVP without a team of 6. Which would mean a lot LESS people would PVP.

Anyway, what is the point of these posts to derail someone else's "joy of life" in the game?
    Last edited by Nichola_Six; Jan 22nd, 2002 at 16:55:55.

All I can say that the PvP titles are pretty worthless at the moment. A majority seem to be from griefing whompa and grid users and there is little basis since many weren't one in even slightly fair fights.... Who has the biggest advantage in these battles.... hmmmm... how about exploiters who bought there 1000 token boards. This feature really doesn't need to be implemented until you give people the option to turn off PvP. There should be room for a wide variety of types of players. It's bad enough that you can't grid into 2h0... it's even worse after I saw last night that you can't whompa there either, when an apprentice who was dark red to me at Lvl 112 was camping the whompa for anyone who enters.

If this were truly a conflict, then Omni would dispatch elite troops to 2h0 on occasion to clear out the clanners who are griefing omni-citizens.

There is no fun in being killed before you can even zone in (this is worse than the 1 shot deaths people used to complain about)... and there is no honor in killing someone who has not zoned in. I have been attacked many times before I could complete a zone... This is not fair.... so you don't need to rewards those that are doing it. And you are only encouraging it with the current PvP system, where the kiddies can go flaunt their titles.

And I especially think you should be putting your resources to something more useful. The boards need to be better moderated with more appearances from the mods.... the game needs bugs fixed and a storyline and to improve the struggling proffesions.

Anyone who thinks this needs to be a priority for Funcom needs to wake up. If this game were completely playable that would be a different story... if the classes were balanced it would be a different story... If PvP were at all fair... maybe that would be fine... I saw a quote yesterday "Avoid PvP unless you are under level 30 or over Lvl 150"

The level 168 clan apprentice doctor Fryli said it best after whiping out a bunch of Lvl 110 and lower players in EFP... "It is more fun to steal xp, then to make it"

So as I further point out.... PvP is being used by at least some to grief other players and has no relation to any storyline... so it should not be rewarded with any recognition. This is a RPG not a FPS.... I have no problem with epic battles or struggles... but ganking players is stupid and rewarding them for ganking people is even more stupid....

Fix the game before you make bad moves like this or you are just going to scare off all the players that don't care to be zone camped.

Re: repost (from another thread on same subject)

another idea:
    instead of removing titles,
    how about you only earn kills toward a title by killing
    a player higher-level than yourself?
    now there is a bit of challenge worthy of recognition.
    and you wouldnt have level 160-180 players
    area-nuking herds of lower level players just for titles.

This is the best idea I have seen!!!!!!!!!!! of course you wouldn't have any higher level players wanting to fight lower level players who they could not gain anything from.

why do you suppose they do it then?
    if not to show off thier uber title?
    if there were nothing to show off there would be no point
    in camping/farming/exploiting/etc and im quite sure a huge
    percentage of the lamers would find something else to do.

(not all, of course, some people actually will engange
    in repeatative acts of griefing just to be annoying)

i have overheard directly ingame too many title-farmers
    making it quite clear why they do what they do.
    they like to brag about it, and it just doesnt occur to them
    that noone else is impressed. they think the only
    point of PvP is to get a better title any way possible.
    lol, i dont care who i impress, i just like some things, lemme explian:

I like killing omni at ace camp very much.

i wish i knew scumbags real ingame name.

I like killing scumbag, i like having a title.

I like being a gimped nt and survivig and winning some how some way.

I like taking xp from omni who are spawn camping aces.

these are a few of my favorite things.

I like fighting and being out numbered.

I like fighting till no hope of win and escaping.

i like killing little level 75's who havent dedicated the time needed to level as i have.

i like killing higher levels who have spent the time but still loose.

i like killing people only trying to get to a mission.

these are a few of my favorite things.

i like killing those in yalmaha's like they are get out of pvp free cards.

i like rooting and killing.

i like killing omni.

I like killing period.

I hate cry babies not prepared for combat that whine when they loose.

I hate people who think it should be ok for them to zone in and out while fighting aces in a 25% zone and expect no chance of getting pvp'ed

I hate the fact that every time you kill somone they cry and tell you they are petitioning for what ever reason like:
    "i was in my yalmaha"
    "i was just runnng a mission"
    " i didnt load yet"
    "i didnt attack first"
    "he didnt let me zone"
    " i was in a duel with somone"
    " u were outside buffed"

blah blah blah blah

go cry somewhere else

if you do not wish to be pvp'ed its easy DO NOT ENTER THAT ZONE

if there were no titles I WOULD STILL TAKE PLEASURE IN KILLING OMNI.

what point dont you get?

the fact that when we kill you at the aces you cant level thus making clan stronger and you weaker?

the fact that some of us LIKE TO PVP and hate listining to you.

i dont come onto omnishoping channel or your peace-nick forums and grief to you about your lack of courage and whimmpy disposition and try to force you to pvp or worse yet petiton funcom to make you pvp.

So do us all a favor
    1) go play the CARE BEARS' mmorpg where you run around gaining level by giving strangers rainbows and love,

2)stop trying to ruin pvp for those of us who have accepted it for all its faults and are making the best of it ( i bet i have been exploited for real 10 time smore then you have "suppposedly" been ploited)

3) Just REMAIN SILENT, YOU XP FARMER stop farming xp (dont that just sound stupid, lol)
    Last edited by besheba; Jan 22nd, 2002 at 19:29:51.

So do us all a favor
    1) go play the CARE BEARS' mmorpg where you run around gaining level by giving strangers rainbows and love,

w00t, thats what im talking about!

true dat, true dat

Originally posted by besheba

lol, i dont care who i impress, i just like some things, lemme explian:

I like killing omni at ace camp very much.

Hmm.... Spelling was never your strongest skill????

i like killing little level 75's who havent dedicated the time needed to level as i have.
    Still single and living with your parents? Don't have a life? Do you feel inferior in RL and therefore have to prove something when you are online? Are you just a scared little boy? Do you like killing small defensless animals in RL?

i like killing people only trying to get to a mission.
    Does it make you feel superior killing people who don't like to or want to fight? Were you beaten by the school bully and feel you have to get back at someone?

I like killing period.
    Seems like you might belong behind bars if you ask me....

I hate cry babies not prepared for combat that whine when they loose.

I hate people who think it should be ok for them to zone in and out while fighting aces in a 25% zone and expect no chance of getting pvp'ed
    hmm... I hate to admit it, but I agree with you. If you goto 0% or 25% you should expect it, but killing just for killing is still wrong.

I hate the fact that every time you kill somone they cry and tell you they are petitioning for what ever reason like:
    "i was in my yalmaha"
    "i was just runnng a mission"
    " i didnt load yet"
    "i didnt attack first"
    "he didnt let me zone"
    " i was in a duel with somone"
    " u were outside buffed"
    Stop whining. You whine just as much yourself. If you cant stand people whining about loosing to you in PvP you should not PvP.

if there were no titles I WOULD STILL TAKE PLEASURE IN KILLING OMNI.

what point dont you get?

the fact that when we kill you at the aces you cant level thus making clan stronger and you weaker?
    You make me sick. I am clan, and I still think you are de****able. Senseless killing and slaughtering of innocents is the cowards way.

the fact that some of us LIKE TO PVP and hate listining to you.
    Some people like to PvP and hate listening to you. Some people hate PvP and hate having their game ruined by people that whine about PvP inbalances. Why do you think NT range was nerfed?????? Think about that...

How old are you about 13? Sorry to all mature 13 yr old kids out there who PvP and actually behave like human beeings.

I assume you were one of those people who enjoyed killing newbies in UO back in the day when there was no Trammel?

Are you poorly equiped in RL(ie. not much in the pants)? And try to compensate for it by being a jerk online? You just couldn't afford that cool set of wheels in RL(to compensate for lack of equipment) so you have to PK online to feel like a man?

Guess I have to stop feeding the trolls, but oh my is it funny. :-)
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

lol

is that your best shot?

you can level by making implants

that way you are never in harms way

(ooc) this is a game and the fun things to me in the game is being somone whom i am not in RL

it is funny tho how you place so much emphasis on material possesions

but to satisfy your curiosity i am a 28 year old collage senior attending a pretty decent law school in the fall as long as i gradiate wif my bad spellling in the spring, if u ask me somone who claims to be a casual gamer you are taking my comments pretty serious.

back in char

there are no omni innocents they picked thier side and they picked a 25% zone to hunt in. therefore they deserve to loose a few hours of leveling

it gives Besheba great pleasure, if you are an omni symphosiser you would do better swicthing sides now before you get too many tolkens

(o btw female)

lol

"I like killing omni at ace camp very much."

"I like taking xp from omni who are spawn camping aces."

"i like killing little level 75's who havent dedicated the time needed to level as i have."

"i like killing higher levels who have spent the time but still loose."

"I like being a gimped nt and survivig and winning some how some way."

"i like rooting and killing."

"I like killing period."

lol.
    besheba in a single post you not only proved
    my point about why people like you should not
    be rewarded with recognition, but also
    deflated your arguement that NTs are gimped
    and can't kill anyone.

to address some points tho,
    when you were leveling at the same spots you now gank at,
    there were no level160s PKing you over and over and over
    all day and night. infact, you probably werent leveling at the
    same spots. you were probably leveling at the medusa camp
    which is no longer an option for players now.. and you were
    probably exploiting named NPCs and all that fun stuff too.

so get off your highchair.
    your cheap thrills are not more important than the gameplay
    of the hundreds of other players who are just trying to play
    a game with very little highlevel content left.

lol

is that your best shot?

you can level by making implants

that way you are never in harms way
    I never said that I do not PvP... I actually PvP(or more or less try to.... The only reason I PvP is because sometimes I get to kill a guy/girl like you who think you a top dog and other general "I roxX0R j00 N00b" spouting people...

(ooc) this is a game and the fun things to me in the game is being somone whom i am not in RL
    For some reason I find that hard to believe.... I think you just want to be an a---hole.

it is funny tho how you place so much emphasis on material possesions
    Where did you get that impression???? Can you read? You do have reading comprehension of someone who has not been to college.

but to satisfy your curiosity i am a 28 year old collage senior attending a pretty decent law school in the fall as long as i gradiate wif my bad spellling in the spring, if u ask me somone who claims to be a casual gamer you are taking my comments pretty serious.
    Not sure if I should put in a lawyer joke here or not, but it does explain your me me me attitude... But seriously.. I find it hard to belive that you write like that and you're graduating. Not unless you have a dyslexia. English is not even my first language....

I think the reason I take this seriously is that I'm a casual gamer. I would absolutely hate loosing my 2 hrs (max a day) work to some lamer like you. Just because you decided that I was fair prey.

back in char

there are no omni innocents they picked thier side and they picked a 25% zone to hunt in. therefore they deserve to loose a few hours of leveling

it gives Besheba great pleasure, if you are an omni symphosiser you would do better swicthing sides now before you get too many tolkens
    Hiding behind RPing doesn't help. Have some consideration for those that don't have as much time on their hands as you, and did have the luxury of hunting in safe zone like you probably did. FC has nerfed good huting spots, and made life harder for those following in your footsteps. Remember it's a game...

Now try to say something constructive about PvP not being a game of gank the lowbie/zone camping/healers/having little helpers etc. Prove that to me. You can't. I've heard soo many Freshmen and Rookies at the Arena say that it's a game of equipment not skill.

Fix PvP before making a ranking system. There are enough bugs in the system as it is.
    Last edited by Atrocious; Jan 23rd, 2002 at 01:06:15.

oh shut up Plasmatiq, let her say what she wants to say. You have a problem with it? get the F*%# of the forums. I don't want to sound like im whining or anything, but dam your like a little girl. Just shut up and continue with posts about your opinions on the topic, not about how homo u are or how much u have to be "right".

stop the flaming, you ain't helping anyone. - this post is a flame towards you, but hey i dont know any better way to tell u to shut up.

i would say the same to scumbag, but i don't want the whole "flaming" army on my @ss. So B!TC# please, shhhh....

-cubex

Originally posted by Cub
    oh shut up Plasmatiq, let her say what she wants to say. You have a problem with it? get the F*%# of the forums. I don't want to sound like im whining or anything, but dam your like a little girl. Just shut up and continue with posts about your opinions on the topic, not about how homo u are or how much u have to be "right".

stop the flaming, you ain't helping anyone. - this post is a flame towards you, but hey i dont know any better way to tell u to shut up.

i would say the same to scumbag, but i don't want the whole "flaming" army on my @ss. So B!TC# please, shhhh....

-cubex
    Hmm.. Obviously you have a problem with what I have to say... Can you spell double standards?????

Now you stop whining.. :-)

i never hunted at the ace camp i hunted in dav for a while

and its a 0 percent zone and KLIM was still playing

for u newbs klim was a 155 nt that killed ur whole group in one second with aoe's before the range nerf or damgae cap

i had no problem with it.

i was hunting in a 0 % and understood my situation and my risk

so do not acusee me of somthing u have no clue about

your pants are on fire

so you never gained a level at medusas eh?
    heh .. i'd still be willing to bet you gained 30+ levels there.
    and what about all the other highlevels ganking lower levels
    who no longer have the advantage of a safe spot to go?
    none of them got thier levels at meds?
    none of them exploited named NPCs for quick easy levels?

you have nothing to feel uber about.
    the game just changed and gave you the advantage of
    having levels gained in ways that are no longer possible;
    and now you're doing everything you can to make sure
    noone else gets to level up because in a fair fight
    you might lose sometimes.

Besh may not be the most diplomatic soul in AO, but she is right.

Furthermore most of your arguments are nonsense. If you want to hunt in a nice safe environment, all you have to do is make a mission to the EXACT level of mobs you want to fight. It's that easy really.

I've hunted players in DAV back when the meds were where all the level 80-120 parties went. I was only 100 at the time, right in the mean, and it was a ton of fun.

If you REALLY want to hunt the aces, and BTW there is tons of high level mobs in DAV, SAV, Belial and CAV, get a PK party together in Omni trade, and get there ready to fight. Talk your big guns into it.

Also you can go to Mort. I've heard some people complain that the borgs are not worth the risk/reward. That's how most clanners leveled from 75-100, the "hunters" that is, borgs. Nothing is stoping you from doing the same thing. You can save at an outpost a bit farther NE from the clan outpost.

Anyway you have many options, just because you've hunted out PM doesn't mean you can't look around for some other stuff to do. If they camp you at the ACES and you don't have the firepower to claim your hunting ground back, time to take a walk or DO something about it in game.

It's my thinking that these PVP zone camps are GOOD game design at work. Challenges and risks should grow as you level. So now that you are 100 and part of the "MID-LEVEL" game, learn how to compete in the big league.

Originally posted by ULTRA1

Furthermore most of your arguments are nonsense. If you want to hunt in a nice safe environment, all you have to do is make a mission to the EXACT level of mobs you want to fight. It's that easy really.

Ultra1, you have just pointed out exactly what is wrong
    with the highlevel game. missions are stupid and boring
    and by the time you're level100 you've already done
    enough missions that just the thought of having to do
    another is enough to make me log out.

Originally posted by ULTRA1

Also you can go to Mort. I've heard some people complain that the borgs are not worth the risk/reward. That's how most clanners leveled from 75-100, the "hunters" that is, borgs. Nothing is stoping you from doing the same thing. You can save at an outpost a bit farther NE from the clan outpost.

i've attempted the cyborgs in mort many times.
    unless you are a clanner who can save 10 feet away,
    they are right .. the risk is not worth the reward.
    an omni cant even LFG there after next patch
    because the gaurds will kill you.

the game suffers from a horrible lack of highlevel content
    and decent places to level (decent meaning with a good
    team all fulfilling thier roles you could level within a couple
    of hours with minimal deaths) and the sad fact is,
    besides missions, aces camp is 'it' at that level for omnis.

you clan players get to play whenever they like,
    and omni players can only play when the clan griefers
    will let them.

please note: clan or omni, we're all just players behind
    keyboards trying to have fun . . and i am sure that the
    percentage of jerks is pretty even on both sides ..
    and that if the situation were reversed and omnis had
    a nice spot to level while the only decent one for clan
    was in a 25% zone, then it would be omnis ganking
    and clanners complaining. the arguement isnt political..
    it's just about wanting to play but having crappy options.

scumbag you are under a misconception i have only been playing since secondweek in september the exploits u refer to were long gone

i have 26 tolknes never had more

only hunted meds in dav

only killed maybe 10 plants it took too long an di usualy died to aggro mobs

only made level 107-112 in dav while klim was killing us all then i swicthed to clan and it was brutal u would be killing a med and wham wham 2 aoe's whole team dead in a instant no where to zone there either in dav

do not make me bust out a history lesson for the newbs you have no idea my rise to my level did not coem from easy xp or low level tolknes or buying tolkens

and named npc's? (no clue never even heard that one)

so i do not undestand why you feel i have done theese things, i play alot this is my ingame name check it out for ur self once in a while

christ i didnt knwo what a belt and ncu was tilll i was level 30

implants? did not get a set till could put in level 70's round level 50ish

<<<<<< was a total newb

and as for pvp i never did till level 120 ish when they instituded the 15 second rule

to besh

alright besh,

so maybe YOU didnt. maybe YOU didn't take advantage of
    all the fast ways to earn XP that existed up until the last
    month or so . . but can the same be said for most players
    level 150+ . .?

i myself got about 5 levels at Meds before they were taken away

i was not a soldier so couldnt use the early MK shield exploits.

but a similar exploit that allowed players of almost any level
    to get 1/10th of a level from certain named NPCs quickly
    and with almost no risk existed right up until a few weeks ago.
    i refused to participate in this.

the reality is tho,
    those level 150s, 160s, 170s, killing people 50 levels lower
    than them while they are just trying to level did not face
    these same issues because there simply weren't enough
    people higher than them to cause a problem.. and they had
    access to camps that newer/lower players now do not.
    (and exploits newer players do not, but that's a moot point)

this is what the guys who say "you should be prepared
    if you step into a 25% zone" "dont go there if you dont want
    to PvP" dont understand .. for a level 100ish omni right now,
    there is simply no other viable outdoor alternative to that awful
    aces camp that is now 24hours a day griefing.

can you honestly call logging in, stepping outside the zone door,
    quickly bursting or nuking a player to death, and then running
    back inside and logging out, good gameplay? fair PvP? even RP?

honestly?
    how can anyone who wants AO to be an enjoyable experience
    for thier fellow player defend that?

on a related note:
    there have been enough GMs there lately that FC is looking
    hard at that place .. my guess is they'll just close off the
    safe zones inside some of the houses and call that a solution;
    of course that effectively takes away the last place omni
    players of that level have to earn decent XP.
    the popular suggestion of the players trying to play there
    would be to turn the place 75% like the rest of the zone,
    but that would surprise me given FCs record of take-way
    rather than give. slower leveling = more money according
    to some twit making bad decisions there right now.
    they dont seem to notice how many players are just
    giving up in frustration.

for the record, i actually like PvP.
    i am looking forward to capturing territory
    and any PvP that relates to the storyline;
    but PvP and leveling do not go well together.
    Last edited by Ejeckted; Jan 23rd, 2002 at 10:56:35.

get this straight

i am lvl 185 i have earned every dam xp i got.

Just becuase your high lvl does not mean you exploited. (some did I didnt i even left groups when i saw stuff i didnt like)

I have never exploited period. (belive me or not thats your choice)
    I have almost 100 days game time when i do /played.

It takes alot of wasted time but no you dont have to exploit to gain high lvls.

so many things

wrong with you post scumbag i dont even know where to begin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast