Thread: control tower building after victory?

control tower building after victory?

Okay, so our guild Apoc and outside members from eternity and other guilds attack a base in CAV, guild red tape, north side. We didnt get the message that we were in state of war cause an outside person not in our guild initiated the attack on the Red tape base.

After what seemed like 30mins of bashing the control tower down, I get the error , land is not in state of peace, read its 20min for victors to place tower, so here i am madly trying to place ql 200tower for the last 10mins there since its lvl 140-200 land. Then a lvl 200 ma from an omni guild is also there racing me to place the controller, hes from another guild, he beats me even though he wasnt even there while we were killing it.

So i ask FC, is this is a bug? cause we didnt initate attack first? or? Yes im pissed that someone else just swoops by, lands in and beats me cause i wasnt *fast* enough. Members of opposing faction to the base lost should have to wait 40min, victors 20min and losing guild as already stated 1 hour .

After sending in a petition and talking somewhat, ive figured the details on what is a skewed system As it currently is, the victor is the person/organization which initiate attacks first, not who does the most dmg to the controller, so any flyby person going to close and aggroed by towers is proclaimed in state of war with the guild and the victor even if they didnt participate in the assault.

So using an analogy, Unique Mob X has spawned, Team A comprised of 6 players are gathered and ready to attack it, but I a solo player comes along and initiate attack or *aggro* the Unique Mob X first (towers aggro you, your org becomes in state of war). Team A outdmgs me of course on the Unique mob but I get loot rights since I *initiated* attack first (proclaimed the victor on the area since i initiated attack first). Now if i dont loot the body (place the tower within the set 20min), after 2 min its free for all to anyone that comes by and loots it quicker.

Is this feature intended? An official answer and reason why the system is like this would be appreciated. thanks :P
    Last edited by Cless; Dec 5th, 2002 at 07:55:59.

ok, that's retarded. The system needs to be fixed or else future towers will drop for 20hrs... and the one who places it doesn't even need to work a bit... again, retarded.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Big bump for this, need to be fixed.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Do your home towers open up to attack if someone else initiates attack?

If true, then this is to stop people exploiting the fact that an attack wouldn't open up home towers, by using some other guild, or guildless person starting the attack.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Originally posted by Vergil
    Do your home towers open up to attack if someone else initiates attack?

If true, then this is to stop people exploiting the fact that an attack wouldn't open up home towers, by using some other guild, or guildless person starting the attack.
    I dont believe our base was open to attack since none of our guild members received any message that we were in a state of war. Good point.