Thread: anyone check out AC2 yet?

anyone check out AC2 yet?

Just curious if anyone has information about AC2.

Rumors I have heard so far is kind of mixed ...

Graphics are supposed to be awe inspiring!

Really easy ... beginner level MMORPG, we'd probably get bored quick !??!!

No NPC's at all except a few quest NPC's

Not owning the game I have no way to confirm.

At this point I find AO pretty satisfying and I wasn't impressed by AC1, EQ, and although I think DAoC is pretty cool, AO is cooler and I don't have time for more than one MMORPG.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Re: anyone check out AC2 yet?

Graphics are supposed to be awe inspiring!

They are good if you have AA on. Otherwise it has a ton of jaggies.

Really easy ... beginner level MMORPG, we'd probably get bored quick !??!!

LOL. That's AO.

It's not that good.. only game worse than it is AO, I'd say.
    ~Chris

AC2 reminded me lots about E&B wich was a mmorpg for people who never had ventured into those things before, and perhaps even never used a computer.
    graphics was somewhat nice though.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Originally posted by Lumin
    AC2 reminded me lots about E&B wich was a mmorpg for people who never had ventured into those things before, and perhaps even never used a computer.
    graphics was somewhat nice though.
    Thats probably the level most new MMORPG's will be pitched at, as they are trying to go main stream, to attract bigger markets.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

i'm loving ac2 and so are all of the people that i've pulled in (ao/ac addicts). it definitely doesn't take much thinking to play but the content is extremely vast and if turbine keeps the storyline exciting and ever-changing like they did with ac1 then it's destined to be great. also i might add it is VERY stable and OMG only 1 small patch after release day. not hearing any complaints from those playing it. if you want my opinion, i say give it a try... buy it $40 and the first 30 days are free. could it get boring... maybe but for right now i'm having a blast and i'll definitely be staying here awhile ... at least until swg is finally released.

Killianne - lvl 19 AC2 Defender

... oh and the graphics will have you ooooohing and aaaaaawing for days.
    Last edited by Killianne; Dec 4th, 2002 at 16:57:31.

there were lots of Server down problems.

not sure how that's worked out.

I may wait awhile then try it, like Kilaine suggested.

Then of course one is tempted to try it before all of the really good items get nerfed, etc.

The main problem I have is not enought time!
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

the first weekend they did bring the servers up and down a couple of times for server side patching of minor issues and there was a problem with the chat server crashing which disabled your tells, not including vicinity chat (kinda sucked) but that was pretty small beans considering it had only been live for 2 days. since that first weekend i haven't had any problems with servers being down or chat being unavailable. turbine's support is pretty damn good at letting you know what is going on.

support site:
    http://microsoftgamesinsider.com/AC2/default.htm

best ac2 info site:
    http://www.ac2hq.com/

Killianne - AC2 Promoter. ... heh.

Thanks Killane ... sounds like a very smooth roll out then.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Oh Hell

Bought AC2 on day of release....

Installed & Created account....

Experienced the 'World List' problem (can't access the worlds to even begin the game!!!)

Couldn't overcome.... (and still can't!!)

Took game to my friend's house & installed

Actually viewed the world list!!! WOOT!!

Game shuts down b/c friend has a 64meg Nvidia vid card and that isn't enough for the minimum (wait a sec bill.... didn't your box say that it requires only 32megs of video ram?)

Try and try as i might, i haven't seen one second of this game...

Tried to return it to the store....

Can't because i've used the registration key!!!!! To setup an account that i can't even play on!!! An account that i can't even acccess the billing options for and therefore cancel because the billing options are located on the world list page that i can't get too!!!!!!!

Save yourselves some time and frustration and avoid this game altogether!!

MS is teh devil!!!

Asheron's Call = Zone.Com.

Zone.Com = NO. NONONONONO.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

AC2 is actually worse than AO. Amazing but true. E&B is fun. My numbers go up hella fast.

sorry to hear your problems, cyogen. of the thirteen of my friends playing no one has had any problems. did experience the worlds not available (once) opening weekend but not since. we all freaking love the game and i'm finding myself spending longer hours logged on and more 4am bedtimes than with any other game.

shubalubdub -- "AC2 is actually worse than AO." bah. heheheh... *sigh*. thank asheron, nothing could be further from the truth.

At least their vaults system with the "animated storyline" throughout the game as you lvl and get access to higher lvl vaults, is a good idea. Although i was not too fond of having to get vault glyphs for the dungeons (some of them had insane level reqs, so you had to lvl up in the uber highlvl regions - Linvak Whitebay area or Stoneshadow area to get a few lvls.. bah). The items in AC2 are *all* level limited, so you can not wear an uber item before you hit the level to use it. Hmm.. that means that almost everyone else of your level/race/profession looks exactly the same way you do

Tradeskills are badly done imho.. it is way too complicated and costly (you need very rare items to make only mediocre items + lots of gold) and not many people bother to raise tradeskills. The skilltrees are a bit limited, since you cannot simpyl raise whatever you want. You can specialize in 1 skilltree and advance in that (but you can at least also untrain a skill tree if you think you did a mistake). I have to say.. the graphics were pretty cool.. especially water is very well done in AC2 and the world overall looks very nice, although sometimes too colorful and clean to pass as real (the Forest to the Drudge Citadel is really scary hehe weird sounds all over that place).

The game is overall not bad and has an interesting approach to story telling and questing. But it is clearly not geared towards the average to advanced MMORPG player, it is most likely attractive to play for a newcomer to MMORPGs.
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

they do need to work on the xp given by mid-level mobs. i don't know if it is a ploy to get you into the quests / vaults right off and away from hunting but it is almost impossible to make levels killing mobs of your equal or slightly higher once you make level 14. they're supposedly readjusting this in the december update. oh well... must kill the burun slavetaker again.

the everyone looking like one another is very true. there are ways to sort of break out but not many. i'm expecting this to change as the monthly updates continue to add content.

tradeskills do still need a little tweaking and the rare drops are suppose to be increased in the january update. i've gotten most of my crafting skills up to tier4 items and i'm stopping at tier4 until they fix the rare drops. i'll rely on devoted crafters for purchasing equipment. the skill trees i love. very diabloesque and the fact that you're not limited to just melee, missile or magic skills but can mix and match to create a total hybrid character is quite cool.

hehe... in the darkness i hear screaming drudges all around me. *shivers*

my opinion is that though it may not fill everyone's appetite there is enough fun and cool stuff for both the newcomer and the advanced player to enjoy.

... 4 posts... i think turbine should put me on their payroll.
    Last edited by Killianne; Dec 6th, 2002 at 23:37:37.