Thread: Game balance

Exclamation STOP NERFING, FC!

Just imagine you offer a gift to someone. He's happy (or he's supposed to be). Imagine then you take back the gift, saying "well, I definitely shouldn't had offer that one to you". No surprise if he feels betrayed. If he was happy about what he had before, he'll no longer be as happy about what he has after (yet the same thing).
    This is why FC should definitely stop nerfing profs at all cost. A few ppl are still happy about their chars. Don't disgust them by saying they are uber then nerfing them, FC! And players: don't say they are uber, cause they are not. The point is that the all profs should be as cool as the supposedly uber profs. Saying there are uber profs is asking for the still good profs to be as crappy as the nerfed ones. The game balance should be improved by improving the weaker profs, not weakening the good ones.
    Some people say the "uber" are able to solo missions whenever they want. Well, I don't think it's really the most interesting thing to do in this kind of game, but aren't the solo missions supposed to be played solo? FC should've fixed the team missions, but it was far easier for them to increase the difficulty of the solo missions. Anyway, everyone should be able to solo it alive. It's not a uber thing, it's just what it's supposed to be made for.
    A good game balance is:
    1) Equality between profs by a fair amount of advantages/disadvantage, if necessary by adding things, not removing (sure removing is easier).
    2) The skills'n'stuff should work properly and be efficient. Some of the nerfed profs could be far better just if bugs were fixed properly (ie concealment...)
    3) Everything should be done to make ppl happy about their char! Removing advantages by saying it'll balance the game is sh!t. It'll make more ppl upset, without making the other happier! I play to have fun, not to be bothered. I supposed we all do it that way. This is why some ppl should stop to blame other profs (ie: "agents are not soooo nerfed: they sometimes do outsdanding crits" ) If lotsa ppl playing one prof are unhappy, then something MUST be done. They don't play to be p!ssed off!
    Last edited by TahitiBob; Jan 18th, 2002 at 18:29:00.