Thread: The Notum Wars and wasted cash

The Notum Wars and wasted cash

well NW has been open for registration for a few days now, of course I was only able to get it today and missed the initial rage of it all due to poor marketing. id liek to say theres a bright side to this tale but there isnt. after installing this thing and looking at what I got for my money I felt like I had gotten ripped off. lets analyze this a bit here.

1. Towers- This was a half decent concept, the towers have the abilty to grant some great add ons and make things a bit interestings. The towers were decently priced and fair for the buffs they gave. Downside- promotes lag due to the constant gatherings to destroy and defend towers.

2. Voice commands- This has to be the lamest thing ive seen out of FC in a long time. not only are there only afew commands but the voices themselves sound horrible. My trox sounded like a strangled cat when screamin for aheal Verdict-voices permently turned off due to its uselessness

3. New vehicles- im sure everyone was jumping for joy when they heard that finally they could drive something that didnt blind u in direct sunlight or looked like a escape pod form a thrid rate sci fi flick. alas Fc screwed this up too, anyone willing to pay 49 mill for this crap seriously needs to go see there doctor for a intense bio med screening. Im starting to think the wheels at FC have seen waaay to many episodes of Star Trek because the new planes look like a ferengi battle crusier. lets not forget however that u can give you old yalm a splash of color now but it only costs 9 mill. 9 mill? ./me smacks all FC personel witha wet noodle. are u guys insane? My take on em- overpriced useless and just plain ole ugly.

Overall The Notum Wars isnt anything more then another one of the continueous retarded patches weve gotten except this time they ripped us for 20 more bucks. all teh new features listed on teh box itself was alrdy in game to begin with so u paid 20 dollars for a cd key to register with and get your account "Notum wars activated" FC does however get kudos for being the biggest scam artists its been my pleasure to see this century

Keep it up FC! theres still dumb people left for u to make money off of! now excuse me while I kick myself for gettin suckered out of my money

Luciander

Well, I gotta say I've had a blast the last few days, and I'm a MA! I don't have NW yet (UK, lagging as usual), and sure, the lag has been a problem at times, but apart from that I haven't had this much fun in AO for ages.

If you turn all effects off, shorten view dist and ground ql etc, it becomes much more playable.

Thumbs up to NW from me
    - Heiwa
    Permanently retired, thanks for 6 years of AO fun

seems kinda like you wasted your words even posting this :P

Hehe true. NW rocks! ... ummm I guess that makes me dumb. Thanks Luciander, u r nubi!

Sent

can i have your stuff?

you are wrong.

I think this is the most fun i have ever had playing this game. All i have done was defend my guilds base and i died like four times once even from lag but i was back in the mix after rezzing. I cant wait to go on the attack...Fear me omni..

The patch was good I love defending my towers but as I just got NW today also I was dissapointed almost too all this 20 dollars go me was acces to 5 new shop terminals 3 i dont want to bother with 1 I cant afford anything out of and 1 which is nice to help the guild but perhaps not worth 20 dollars. If I didnt have much money I would be just as happy without the "booster".

Oh forgot the flying thingys those are cool for a minute anyway

Wink $20

It really isn't that much. It will help keep AO alive another couple years. If I hadn't spent it on this, I would have dropped it on a couple movies or a dinner. I've been having a lot more fun in AO with NW than at any point in the last several months. NW rocked before I even had the expansion. Now that I have it, it rocks even harder. It sucks that some people think this is $20 flushed down the toilet, but for me I consider this good bang for the buck.