Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone else feel screwed out of some cash here? I do.

Re: NW sucks

Originally posted by dizzydean
    Notum Wars sucks IMO. Of course, my main is an MA so PVP sucks big time for me right now. Therefore NW sucks as well since it's all about PVP. Got on last night to level a bit but there was no one around to team with since they were all doing land attacks/defense. Tried to PVP a bit but got my butt handed to me.

So, I guess AO is a pure PVP game now. Might as well lock everyone's level right now because it's gonna be nearly impossible to level.

In addition, I think the PVP strategy for tower attacks is ridiculous. 20 clanners hang out in the pvp zone. 20 omni hang out outside the zone. Yipee! It's so much fun! Then, I tried to attack a clanner around my level but then the 20 clanners all blast me back to the reclaim terminal. It's f---ing stupid!

I'd love to know why you morons think NW "rocks".
    Funny, I've gained about 15 levels since it came out. The extra 9% XP we were getting last night helps that nicely.

For this "moron", NW rocks because there are 10 times as many people PvPing than before (in all level ranges- and they are not all uber-twinks)... and with a reason... none of this "duel" crap, no ganking, just massive PvP fighting for control of land.
    As for MAs sucking, the ones I watch have held their own very well. Sounds like your attacking team may have just sucked. You need to find good PvPers around your level to hang out with during these raids. Our mini strike force is my fixer, a crat (who is kicking butt, btw), a MA (who also kicks butt), and a doc. Don't get hung on up surviving, just get out there and cause trouble. The point isn't neccesarily to live (that's just a nice bonus), the point is for your side to win. I've died a few times, but I've also blown up my share of towers (and control towers for that matter).

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Re: NW sucks

Originally posted by dizzydean
    Well, it's something new and it's a great break from the powerleveling that people usually do!!
    Plus towers give some very very nice bonuses.
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

And you seriously expect people to treat you with respect after personal comments like that? Not worth a reply IMO.. Pfft.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Ntrox The MP Gimp
    Pfft.
    sorry to go really really off topic, but how do you pronounce that? the best I have come up with is a long drawn out ppuuufffttt type sound, is that right?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Yeah, but more like a "puhfft" sort of sound. Emphasise the "fff"
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

thanks, I have been wondering that for a while.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Any time lilnymph

Its not often an Atrox gets to educate other people in the art of speech...
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Ntrox Gimpy,

I never asked for your respect. I'm offering opinions about why I think NW sucks. (As far as the morons thing, I guess it was over-the-top but I'm pissed.) And I honestly can't understand why other peoply are enjoying this laggy piece of ****. I'm just totally frustrated with this game. I went from loving it to hating in one hour after installing NW. I'm really not interested in PVP but it seems that is where everything is going to happen from now on. I guess I'll have to work on my Trader alt if I'm going to continue.

Also, I don't have any idea about these stupid towers. It seems like everyone is going to need EE to set them up. I wish there was more information about them. FC has this tradition of not providing any information about new things and players have to figure it out. I don't have the luxury of "figuring things out". When I have a few moments to play, I'd prefer to roll some simple team missions. I'm not bored with that but there's no one to team with anymore.

OK, all that "moron" stuff aside...

I play an MP, as most people know, and looking at the towers that interest me, they do not require EE. At least for MP's, FC seem to have done their homework. Each of the 3 towers I will assemble require 800 CL and 500 NP (or the other way round lol!) Unfortunately at least one of those towers needs creating by an engineer.

I had very little lag last night when protecting an allied base in HITW. There was one moment when I was screaming at my screen to load quicker cos I was suspended for about 30 seconds. Luckily the omni scum were too afraid to attack (j/k)

BTW, I know this is very sad of me, but self grats on the 1000th post
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Nw - not a waste of money

I have never had any fun PVPing before, But I love attacking now. I usually end up at the reclaim booth faster than anyone else, but I love it. I love the graphics update, I love the fact there is now a big money sink in the game. I love that there is an XP bonus, but I dont think people without NW should get it.

I do think it was a waste to make me get a physical copy. I could have downloaded the few megs that make up NW.

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

I could have downloaded the few megs that make up NW.
    I got new for ya. You did. You, and I, purchased the NW game key plus a CD of the full game, which you already have in one form or another. OK, the marketing aspect of NW sucked. Getting the game from a store was unnecessary, but the result is cool nonetheless
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Nope, I love NW
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

hm is everyone forgeting the new cool version of the Rubi-Ka map?

The box is cool

You have to admire the oh-so-cool-and-mature-unlike-any-other-game-on-the-market graphics on the cover. That picture pretty much sums up my months of gameplay, revealing the best of all the things I have experience.

Its amazing how those boxes stand out as being unique among all the other boxes with buxom chicks with weapons on the cover, with a little bit of a smirk.

Why with a cover like that, its no wonder why so many non traditional RPG'rs are picking it up and saying, hey that looks cool!. Its amazing how the box appeals to women, children and people buying presents for each other. I think there will be thousands of people clogging the n00b training areas on dec 25th because the box art was so well done.

I have framed mine, I cant imagine a better box design.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Cool Partially agree with Dizzy

I do have to agree with Dizzy on one point, since Notum Wars came out it has been increasingly difficult to get in a team to do missions or hunt, or even keep a team together for that matter.

Last couple times trying to put a team together has been frustrating, we'd get a full team and then someone would have to leave to help defend guilds towers. I cannot blame them for leaving, I'd do the same to help guild, but it does kinda strand the team.

My 2 cents

No problem here

Hmmmm, well last night I found two different teams fairly quickly. Earned over 7 million XP which gave me 2 levels. Where's the problem?

Notum Wars rocks, but I think the reason some people feel it isn't worth the 20 bucks is because Fucom already gave half of it (the ability to participate in tower wars) away for free. PvP used to be pointless, but now it is the best part of the game and we truely have something to fight for.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

Hi guys,

here is my opinions whar what it matters.

All last week I;ve been having a blast defending towers and attacking omni. I'm not a big fan of 1v1 PvP but this mass team battles is a great laugh (even made freshman, who said MA's suck).

I received my Notum wars todays (6th Dec), placed my turrets in my base then thought...Now what....ahhh new vehicles. LoL I have 16 million credits to my name (I give a lot away), there is no way I'll be getting one of these vehicles for a very long time.

My girlfried also got NW today, she does not like PvP at all, so for her the booster pack contained virtually nothing of interest.

Do I feel ripped off....Yes. Although the PvP has brought some great new life into the game, I've been doing that all week without having the booster pack, and now I do have it I get to place 3 towers and dream of owning a stiletto (which I hear MA's cant use).

Funcom, next time you do a "Booster" that you feel people should pay for, cut out the middle man, put it up for download and charge $5. Or better yet, just keep it aside for a proper "expansion" pack

Yeah the ships in the sky does look good though.

Fellowman

This booster pack is a big step for add-ons to the game. I can't wait for the next booster pack.

I have always said "Money is the best motivator". If I thought that it were to be used for more game add-ons I would send the cash. Booster for 20 bucks. That to me seems like fast expansion at a cost effective price.

The next booster I would like to see is housing. For 20 bucks I would expect housing for individuals and guilds. There can be a variety of ways to do this without cramming the Rubi-Ka landscape with houses like Ultima. Alot more variety for housing would be somthing I would throw a 20 spot at.
    "This town needs an enema!" The Joker, Jack Nicholson.

" I think I'll perplex him with my slowball" Bugs Bunny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12