Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA I disk on boss, looter takes all. What would you do?

Question GA I disk on boss, looter takes all. What would you do?

Was on a mission a week back with my low level doc. It was a bit of a pain to get there and some people left because of that and other issues.

After 2 hours there was 3 of us left to fight boss who went down after 5 minutes fighting.

The guy looting got the Grid Armour I disk, sold it for 81 mill and not a single cred ended up to the other guy there nor me.

Spotted the guy yesterday in his newly gold painted Yalm btw At least he makes Rubi-Ka looks more varied....

So - keeping boss loot like this - right or wrong or ok?

PS. I will not post his name

err - not much can be said here

There is no way to force people to play fair, or honerably. I think if the player involved felt no responsibility to distribute the earning from the mission, then its cold tuna for you. I dont know if one can expect behaviors from other people that they expect from yourself. So you end up in an ethical problem. There is no in game solution, the arks and others would probably give you a pretty cold responce to this situation.

I suggest you go on doing what you expect yourself to do, but not be surprized when people dont follow your example.

I think it suxxor that super rares exist as they cause these type problems. on the flipside, if I had a PPPE, yes, I would charge market rates for my services.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Angry

I think if there wasn't a fixer in the group that could use it, he should have definately split the profit, if what you say is true, that was pretty s****y of him/her.

Re: GA I disk on boss, looter takes all. What would you do?

Originally posted by Endofline

So - keeping boss loot like this - right or wrong or ok?

Absolutely wrong!!

When You are in a team, it is obvious that rare loot are either beeing rolled, or sold to share the creds among the team-members.

Atleast, that is what my opinion is, unless otherwise is decided before mission/ hunting starts.
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Hey. I'd say post his name because,

The libertarians amongst us either won't care or put it down to human nature (in which case it shouldn't matter to them anyway). They'll also go through life expecting everyone to beat up on them all the time and justifying every antisocial act they ever commit by this.

The bleeding heart liberals will care and will refuse to team with him in an attempt to reform his attitude, and even if that doesn't work they'll expect their opinions to affect society.

Ultimately both sides will get what they want. The libertarians will get more personal power. The liberals will get reinforced social values and both sides will still hate each other for being what they're not.

Third way, blah, blah, blah.

Naah - too bad to post his name. He is an Org leader lol

Then you should really really post his name. =)
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

That situation is one of the most stupid things that people do in this game. Every other MMORPG I've played the people at least raffle rare things to the group. But for some reason the people in this game that I find groups with never raffle anything they find. (Soul Fragments, Notum Chips, etc.) Now I'd completely understand if it was found through alpha loot (except boss), but it's usually not. Why people think that they deserve a rare item that a group helped kill just because they were the first to loot it is beyond me.
    -BlueMagic

Blue "Zyian" Magic RK1

Originally posted by diatribe
    The libertarians amongst us ...
    I think you're confused about libertarians... frankly i don't think anyone, whether liberal, conservative or somewhere in-between would tolerate behavior like this. The people who say "tough ****" just haven't had it happen to them yet.

And if he is the leader of an org, that's the best possible reason to post the name... most people believe in leading by example and if that's the example he wants to make for his whole org, then let it be known.

--A.

Why don't u help the rest of the community by saving us the anguish of teaming with such a person ?

Just let us know his nick. Next time I see a team with him/her in it. I'll make sure either
    1) I'm the leader and it's loot leader at boss - OR
    2) I leave the team - OR
    3) I kick him off the team.

"Hey. I'd say post his name because,

The libertarians amongst us either won't care or put it down to human nature (in which case it shouldn't matter to them anyway). They'll also go through life expecting everyone to beat up on them all the time and justifying every antisocial act they ever commit by this.

The bleeding heart liberals will care and will refuse to team with him in an attempt to reform his attitude, and even if that doesn't work they'll expect their opinions to affect society.

Ultimately both sides will get what they want. The libertarians will get more personal power. The liberals will get reinforced social values and both sides will still hate each other for being what they're not.

Third way, blah, blah, blah."

I think the unnamed person who took the GA was a Republican

I find most people honorable. It has only happened to me once that someone went mysteriously LD after looting a rare item.

My opinion is that if there was a fixer - without GA I - in the team, then this behaviour is not acceptable.

But if there was no fixer, it's definitely not nice but it's excusable. Maybe he considered that the fact that it was his turn to loot the boss as enough of a roll.

Note that it never happened to me, so I am speaking theoritically. I don't think I would do it, but I would be quite tempted. And if I were struggling with money at the same moment, I don't know if I would do it or not.

Not speaking about this example, but an org leader (or anybody in an org really) could need the nano for other guild members.

My personal rules for rare loot would be : if there's someone in the team who needs it, then it goes primarily to her/him. If there are several, roll. If there's nobody, then I would ask for it if it's needed for a guild member or another friend. If it's just a question of money, I would roll it. Probably. But I would be only mildly displeased if the guy kept it to him.

Just my 2 pence. Life continues.

Cheers.
    Concealment is bugged in PvM: hit sneak two times after you zone. Only then you will be able to sneak properly.

My opinion has always been that when it's profession specific item it'll go to the on in the team who can use it, exception being GA, NS and other super rare expensive items when it should be raffled with all who might want it in the team. I'm no ones personal bodyguard for getting all the good loot and credits it'll give them.

I really think you should post the name, people need to be aware of people like this. ESPECIALLY if it is a guild leader.

the question here is.

GA=lots of power fro fixers and lots of money for non-fixers.

If I looted a GA, I must admit, I'd be VERY tempted to keep it. Hey, I even got a fixer alt I could give it to. BUT if I kept it, Id also expect my name to be on alot of people's blacklist. Now, would that be worth it?

I am honestly not sure what I would do in that situation. Temptation would be very, very big. Most likely, I would call for a sale, and split the money. Unless there was a fixer in the group. Then I would concider the fixer owing me big time. I'd expect a runbuff whenever I asked for it. I'd expect him to blitz me a few missions every now and then. Something like that.

On the other hand, I have people in my guild that would be VERY happy if I gave the GA to them instead.

So. Now we know what each person loots. Is that a good thing or bad? Is it better to live in bitterness and know, or to live peacefully and not know?

If GA dropped on a boss I looted (which is never gonna happen, but for the sake of argument), this is what I would do: If there's a non-GA fixer in the team (extremely rare, I think people FIRST get GA, and then make a fixer alt), but if so, the fixer would get it, no questions. If there was no fixer, what I would do is say "Ok, here's the deal. I'm gonna sell this disc and split the money between the team members." And I would actually DO it. Wouldn't care squat if any of the team members had a lil fixer alt or wanted to give it to a guild friend or whatever. Wouldn't be up for discussion either, since I would be the one with the item Wouldn't care about the protests either, since the protests would die as soon as they got their grubby little hands on their millions!

Sue me!

Originally posted by ThePartisan
    If GA dropped on a boss I looted (which is never gonna happen, but for the sake of argument), this is what I would do: If there's a non-GA fixer in the team (extremely rare, I think people FIRST get GA, and then make a fixer alt), but if so, the fixer would get it, no questions. If there was no fixer, what I would do is say "Ok, here's the deal. I'm gonna sell this disc and split the money between the team members." And I would actually DO it. Wouldn't care squat if any of the team members had a lil fixer alt or wanted to give it to a guild friend or whatever. Wouldn't be up for discussion either, since I would be the one with the item Wouldn't care about the protests either, since the protests would die as soon as they got their grubby little hands on their millions!

Sue me!
    I have a fixer alt, but no GA

Originally posted by NotAnyMmore

I have a fixer alt, but no GA

w000t, respect goes out to you! Well, if you play him, that is.

I was once impressed, there was a non-GA fixer on the team. It turned out, however, that she had a GA nano, only needed a few levels to use it. What a let down...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast