Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Discussing crowd limiting

yah CC is really really really crappy. Seiously, i would MUCH rather just lag my brains out then NOT be able to defend my own friggin base. FC, people complained about CC since the second you thought of the idea. But against 90% of the players wishes, you brought it to live servers anyways. Comon...listen to us for once..

You introduce mass PVP into the game...and then YOU nerf it. way to go...

Thumbs down I really disprove of CC

Personally i dont belive the fact that any of this has to do with lag, but instead funcom will not admintt that the minium system requirementes has change, I play on a P3 500Mhz with G4 Ti4600 and 768 Ram.

I had a chance to play ao on the SAME CONNECTION with only diffrence being a 2.0 Ghz cpu and walla no problems.

IT has nothing to do with lag, be it on Dial up(well kinda on dial up) Cable modem or on a T-1 The preformance is all the same for me.

The only thing being 400% incress in cpu power changes the problems well.... i fail to see how that is caused by poor connectivity.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Re: I really disprove of CC

Originally posted by Xyberviri
    Personally i dont belive the fact that any of this has to do with lag, but instead funcom will not admintt that the minium system requirementes has change, I play on a P3 500Mhz with G4 Ti4600 and 768 Ram.

I had a chance to play ao on the SAME CONNECTION with only diffrence being a 2.0 Ghz cpu and walla no problems.

IT has nothing to do with lag, be it on Dial up(well kinda on dial up) Cable modem or on a T-1 The preformance is all the same for me.

The only thing being 400% incress in cpu power changes the problems well.... i fail to see how that is caused by poor connectivity.
    completely agree... my experience aswell
    Best regards Juliet Poetica Capulet (female solitus trader lvl195 - poet by heart, Oh Romeo, - who need Romeo?) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
    "Not all who wander are lost." (John Ronald Reuel Tolkien)
    "To Dare is to risk losing your foothold for a moment, Not to Dare is to risk losing yourself." (Søren Kierkegaard)

Anaïs Manifestos Nin (female solitus mp lvl 171) Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Angel Heroess Heart (female solitus fixer lvl 102) Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Luna YangYing Lee (female solitus MA lvl 75) Unit Commander of Legionaries
    Meow Wyxxen Meow (female solitus doc lvl 74) Applicant of Legionaries
    Destiny ZorZereZ Decay (female nanomage nt lvl 57) Applicant of Legionaries
    Kittie DarkGodess Catt (female solitus soldier lvl 39) Applicant of Legionaries
    Modesty PlayGirl Blaise (female solitus engie lvl 19) Member of Legionaries

Originally posted by Raad
    yah CC is really really really crappy. Seiously, i would MUCH rather just lag my brains out then NOT be able to defend my own friggin base. FC, people complained about CC since the second you thought of the idea. But against 90% of the players wishes, you brought it to live servers anyways. Comon...listen to us for once..

You introduce mass PVP into the game...and then YOU nerf it. way to go...
    To the crackpots at Funcom...read this...then ask someone to slowly explain it to you. I know u will fail, because your obvious lack of intelligence can not comprehend something as advanced as "CC SUCKS"...but keep trying. One day you will understand that every single player in AO (u know, the people who pay) hate the crap. We are still lagged beyond belief, and LD whenever your server sucks up too much...so, remove CC and u will remove atleast 1 thing that totally piss all of us off.

So, slowly...Crowd Control...BAD! NOT good, no...BAD!

People are supposed to learn from their mistakes, those that don't...are considered idiots. Hmmm...no offense...promise...

Well said! FC Please listen to your customers better on issues, its getting to be rediculous. I own a company in "the real world" and if i tought of treating my customers this way I would be out of business. Sure i may be in business for a while, but to last using these principles. I wouldn't be around for long. Please take into consideration that the people complaining although lacking proper communication at times have an extremely valid complaint. Listen to your customers.
    My preference on things to be fixed:
    -Remove crowd control
    -Update your server to fix the lag, or split them.
    *To verify its not your customers I would suggest you do a poll to determine how many of them have computers that can handle AO, you would be surprized*
    -Beef up your graphics engine. Get OpenGL and Glide support
    -Find a way for us to exp outside, missions are horribly boring.
    -Make an incentive for mass pvp other then towers, it is clans vs omni-tek right?
    - Stop nerfing everything you see and start raising specific professions tothe level you set others at. Its much easier to do and doesn't piss off tons of people and make them leave? hello?

Lastly, I am a beta tester with a different account and I can say I am speaking out of a position of knowledge... Can i get an Amen to anyone who agrees to this post? CZ you out there?

JcWarrior - Level 170 Soldier (clans)

AMD 2000+
    512 Mb Ram
    Geforce 4
    80Gb 7200rpm disc

I dunno about u guys...but to be perfectly honest, I don't find AO pretty enough to run as bad as it does at times on my computer.

Not the best computer in the world, but let's face it...ao is not the most advanced game in the world either.

Exclamation

I agree with Repentance

Put this game together right!

Crowd Controll is needed !!!

Well i read a lot of threads where ppls say that they dont like Crowd Control and that Funcom should get rid of it... Well i dont liked it first too and i still hate it to be warped out and surrounded by enemies and so on but if u really think about it ppls u would try to find out how this teqnique really works cause its intressting in a way... Ever played Shooters someone ? Well most shooters still cant handle fights up to 32 vs 32 on nice servers over internet... i just know about two or three shooters that can handle that... And of course in nice resolutions and not turned down graphics... Actually its Tribes 2, RTCW and i think Battlefield 1942... All these games have very good netcodes and its ok when u play 32vs32 on a server but it can also be horribly laggy and warping things when such a configuration runs on a lower Server.. soo what i want to say is ... the Internet and Serverhardware is still not able to handle huge amounts of players with acceptable pings for everybody so i think it will be even not possible for games like SWG and AC2 .. I played the Beta of AC2 for example a bit and i saw some similar problems in that game too and it was also lagin like hell when more then 30+ ppls gathered anywhere.. The Technique Funcom trys here in this game is quite nice.. the servers ARENT Crashing any more and enough ppls can fight each other in an area... Well and thats the point.... the technique is good but it must be improven a bit.... What i personaly dont like is that when u get warped out of a zone cause of CC u enter sometimes zones where u can still fight or ur open for fight after 12 secs or so.. so if 4 enemies got warped out there too i am just an easy target for them and they can take me down... So pls make this warp out zones secure for warped ppls... let it be 75% for example and its ok for me... The rest is absolutly ok and its amazing when u see groups of 20ppls+ for each side battling each other under good or better nearly good conditions...
    So ppls just think about other games and be happy that funcom trys to bring us as huge battles as possible at this time...
    Btw. anyone played World War 2 Online ever ? Really bad graphics but u can play with hundrets of ppls in one nice big lag and without server crashs

CZ unroot these cc threads it seems funcom is not active on this issue anymore no need to give people false hope.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234