Thread: Notum Wars - gameplay issues

Post Notum Wars - gameplay issues

Seems to be quite a bit of discussion here on a variety of gameplay issues realting to NW, PvP and towers.

In order to make player's concerns about these more noticable, I suggest people post issues relating to the design and gameplay of NW as replies to this thread.

Please post only issues relating to the design and gameplay, not issues relating to bugs (yes, lag issues would count under gameplay since they impact on that).

And please just post the issue, described as clearly as possible, with examples where relevant. Do *not* post suggested solutions, that would just obscure the issues.

Maybe we can then get a discussion going on individual issues in their own threads...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Anti root stims are ineffective.

I'd say that at this time the LAG is the main problem and should be fixed as soon as possible. Lag is the main source of many other gameplay issues, such as anti-root stims not working. They do work, but when you are lagging so bad they are useless, since it takes approx. 1-2 minutes between you hit the hotkey and you see the graphics effect around your character.

Btw, these stims do work, but you need to spend several (sometimes many) to get rid of high QL roots. I once had to use up 23 or so stims to de-root myself in camelot. They recharge rather fast though.

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

It's hard to identify who you can and can't attack, due to the new pvp bracketing, in a large battle.

Lag stinks... I ended up dumped out of my yal into the stret river because I rubber-banded back a few hundred meters after trying to land on the actual ground. Then I rubber-banded back after swimming to shore, and had to swim back again.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

At the moment, my pet peave is that the org as a whole is not informed of an attack on their towers. And that, to be quite honest, the vulnerable perion is an hour too long... I don't want 2 full time jobs...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Originally posted by Darkbane
    At the moment, my pet peave is that the org as a whole is not informed of an attack on their towers. And that, to be quite honest, the vulnerable perion is an hour too long... I don't want 2 full time jobs...
    Huge yes to both these points.

All members of the org should be notified by the towers channel when the base's gas goes down, and when it is attacked, and I'd like an explanation of why the vulnerability window was lengthened from four hours to six hours with no warning to us players.

Plus the 3-hour-limit on rebuilding a controller after /terminating it also makes it hard-to-impossible to set up a base for having a convenient window of vulnerability. Can we have some way to 'reset' our vulnerability start time without losing the area? Have it take effect for the "day-after" the command was issued, so we can't just continually reset the time to avoid ever being vulnerable?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I'd suggest that the length of the vulnerability window be based on the size of the owning org. The larger the org, the larger the window.

Exclamation

Oi! no suggestions! Feel free to start a seperate thread to discuss a particular issue in detail...