Thread: Pvp / Xp

Pvp / Xp

Just a question/thought.

How come gaining experiencing when PVP'ing hasn't been implemented in Notum Wars.

After all, its experience/intelligence points.

Now, in a roleplaying aspect or a normal gameplay aspect, what do you think should give you most wisdom/experience and make your character develop the most. What should be rewarded.

Killing the same mobs over and over, doing the same repeated actions, were the only thing tested is your ability to swallow the same boring thing over and over.

Or participating in a war against your oppsing sides special forces, killing their bases, fighting for your your alligment to the clan/omni/neutrality.

I find it a tad strange, that no sort of xp reward for actually using hours killing a opposing sides bases is given.

They have added the overall percentage you can gain by bying part of clan or omni, (can reach 10% after what I hear).

This will most likely be hard to implement, due to there often beeing 50 people participating in killing a base, and not a team of 6, but I still find it odd I havent seen other threads about this matter.

Ghandalf
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

In the past, I think they decided against xp in PvP because it was easily exploited. People could just take turns levelling off of each other.

But with towers... that may be harder to exploit. Maybe the "side xp bonus" is effectively the sort of xp reward you're looking for.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

The side xp bonus is a great idea, because it gives a reason to actually fight over towers. However, it seems to me that if you're high level, you spend most of your time pvping because you're bored of running the same old missions over and over again. So they don't actually benefit at all from the xp bonus.

Seems like maybe they should give an xp award to the clan that successfully destroys a tower. Right now, if your clan has its 5 towers, then theirs little reason to go attacking the other sides towers. Only getting xp from tower kills would prevent any sort of exploit as well.

And/or they could give a pvp award based on teh level of the deceased, BUT only up to the amount that the dead player lost. (I know this wouldn't come into play very often, but its another way to add xp to pvp without running into exploits or farming.)

they shouldn't give xp for tower kills.

it'll only lead to greifing.

attacking someone elses tower only for xp is greifing. if it's to help an allied guild take the spot it's ok. but just for xp NO!!

Originally posted by Illith
    they shouldn't give xp for tower kills.

it'll only lead to greifing.

attacking someone elses tower only for xp is greifing. if it's to help an allied guild take the spot it's ok. but just for xp NO!!
    yeps i agree for xp you always gotta do bs missions remember??
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

"yeps i agree for xp you always gotta do bs missions remember??" :-)

It would be best if guilds only got xp for destroying enemy towers of course. Don't want to encourage faction infighting. However, blowing up the enemy's towers for xp is not griefing at all, considering that they are at war with each other...

Of course...I can still see an Omni guild and a Clan guild getting together to mutually blow up each others towers over and over again if the XP was good enough. Just like the lamers that get titles by paying people to let them kill them.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Thats a good point Vixentrox (now that's a scary image btw.) The xp gain would just have to be less than the credit cost of building a new tower. If somepeople wanted to convert their credits to xp, that wouldn't be that big a deal, because they'd run out of creds soon enough.