Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notum Wars Revealed

Notum Wars Revealed

Learning as we go ... edited for clarity and to reflect the corrections posted. Thanks for the input!

Guide to become an UBER tower owning guild
    Ok first off there are 4 parts to the org-controlled towers.

Land
    The first and foremost is your plot of land. If you visit this page here You will see a map of Rimor with a bunch of little triangles on it. Each triangle is a place where you can build a tower. (Although i have found that in some zones there are more spots then little triangles so it is not completely accurate) The outlined ones are land that has no tower and the colored ones are land that has a tower built on it all ready. (See the legend on which colors are which clan omni neut) The map is updated pretty much in real time so you can get an over all feel for what’s going on in the world of towers. In addition each plot of land has a lvl range you have to actually visit the plot of land to see what lvl range the plot is. It shows up in the top left hand corner of your map when you enter one of these zones.

Towers
    Once you have picked out a place to call home you must claim it by placing a tower on it. The towers can only be bought and placed by booster owners and you can find them in the tower shop. The towers come in lvl 10, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200 and 250. Each org can place a maximum of 5 towers BUT you can only place one for each lvl. Meaning you cannot place 5 lvl 100 towers. You must place 75, 100 ,150 ect....

To place the tower you must hold a ranking of Squad Commander or above. It takes a boatload of comp lit and some Psychology to place a tower. (600 comp lit and 450 psy for the ql 150 towers) The ql of the tower must be within the lvl range of your plot of land.

Another side note: The main towers don't count twords the Turrets and Gardians limit.

Turrets and Gardians (Defense towers)
    Weee so now we got the plot of land and our new shinny Tower. Hmmm but it needs something .... ahh yes .... Defenses! There are two types of defence towers you can place Turrets and Guardians.

Turrets
    These towers are like your big guns they shoot at your enemy. In addition to to this also provide a secondary permanent bonus to the placer. (by permanet i mean you recieve the bonus no matter where you are as long as the tower is standing) These don't however have an area affect, which i think is where allot of people are getting confused as to "why isnt my tower working?"

For example:
    The Fire Sprouting Turret dosent give any area affect but it does add a nice MA, Brawl, Dimach, Riposte bonus to the placer. I know a few MA's that wouldn't mind a little bonus like that

Gardians
    Gardians are towers that give area bonuses to your org or add a negative effect to any enemy AND a permanent bunus to the placer. The area bonuses work as long as you are within the towers range.

If you look at Guardian Conductor of Focus you can see where it says Personal Modifier those are the skill bonuses that are given to the placer and OnFriendlyInVicinity is the area affect that is given.

Personal Modifier:
    Modify Wearer Tutoring 25
    Modify Wearer ElectricalEngineering 25
    Modify Wearer QuantumFT 25
    Modify Wearer WeaponSmithing 25
    Modify Wearer Pharmaceuticals 25
    Modify Wearer NanoProgramming 25
    Modify Wearer MechanicalEngineering 25
    Modify Wearer Chemistry 25
    Modify Wearer EvadeClsC 50
    Modify Wearer DodgeRanged 50
    Modify Wearer DuckExp 50
    Modify Wearer Psychology 25

WoW! not bad ... where do i get one

OnFriendlyInVicinity:
    Modify Wearer EvadeClsC 25
    Modify Wearer DodgeRanged 25
    Modify Wearer DuckExp 25

What your guildies get.

There are also special towers that do some fun stuff such as drop people out of their yalms, bump them out of sneek mode, and disabling the enemies from using normal recharge equipment.

To make it easier on me rather then listing all different types of defense towers go here http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AODB/index.asp

And search:
    Turret - to see all the Bonus towers
    Guardian - To see all the attacker disadvantages

Defence towers are placed on and around your tower to help you in battle, they have a circular range to them that defines their area of affectiveness. You can over lap them to a point so that you can receive two or three bonuses in one spot. Funcom calls these personal towers since they are placed by individual members of your org and are essentially that persons tower. They are different however from the service towers so i call them defense towers so as not to confuse the two. Members will want to set up ones with bonus are usefull to them. It seems as though there is no limit defense towers that can be placed in a plot of land as long as there is room to place them. These towers can be removed by selecting it and typing /tower terminate. Altho, the owner of the tower is not the only person that can remove the tower any member atleast one rank above the owner can remove the tower as well.

To place a Defense tower in on your orgs land you must meet the following requirements.
    1- you must have the skill required to place the turret (mostly a Bucket-o-Comp lit and a dash of Psy and NP for a few of them)
    2- Each person is limited on how many towers they can place according to your lvl.
    >lvl 15 you cannot place turrets
    lvl 16-75 you can place 1 turret
    lvl 75-150 you can place 2 turrets
    lvl 150+ you can place 3 turrets
    3- again you also need to own the booster to place the towers

If you build it they can come
    Once you have your tower placed on you plot of land everyone in your org gets the nifty feature of being able to grid right too it. There is a grid point marked controller its on the bottom floor of the grid. Stroll over it and it will pop up a box with a list of all the towers you own. Select the tower you wish to visit and viola your whisked away to your tower. Once you get there you'll have to huff it back ..... UNLESSS.... you happen to have one of these nifty devices Personal Grid Converter. They come in different QL's you will need one that is = to or greater then the QL of your tower. They come in packs of 5. If you have the booster you can buy them in the tower shop, if you don’t have the booster you can get them as mission rewards or have someone with the booster buy you some.

My tower is built... now what? You wait.
    Once you place it takes 18 hours for the tower to become attackable. When it first becomes attackable it turns to a 25% zone and can only be attacked by the other side. This last for 5 hours. Then after that it turns to 5% at which time it can be attacked by anyone for 1 hour. If you can hold your tower for that last hour then it turns back to 100% for another 18 hours so you can take a break to relax and go back to your regularly scheduled lvling. BUT and this is a big but .... if during the time that the tower is in its down stage one if the members in the guild attacks another tower then your tower automatically becomes attackable again for a short period of time, this seems to be about an hour.

Universal Advantages
    Each tower allows us to use two org advantages. They boost your skill continuously no matter where you are. You get two advantages for each tower you own and the total ql of the advantages cannot exceed the total Ql of the towers. The advantages need to be set up by the prez. See /org help for more info on this.

To see a listing of all the advantages go here http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AODB/index.asp

And search:
    Universal Advantage

Few side notes:
    You do not need to have the booster to use the grid features, defend the towers, or get the area bonuses from the towers. I am not sure about the org advantages.

You may also want to think about the time of day you place your tower to start because the will end up being the time that it goes live every day. Personally I don't really like the fact that once you place your towers it will become attackable everyday like clockwork at the same time, it seems to me that that could get boring after awhile. But thats just my oppinion

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the tradeskillable defense towers.
    I made one the other day and here it how you do it. First you will need an item called Cloud of Polychromic Nanobots if you are planing to make a Guardian tower or Cloud of Infuriated Nanobots if you want to make a Turret. The seem to only drop from the mobs at the tower camps the clan one is in WW in the far NE corner of the zone and the omni one is in Avalon south of Camelot. I don’t know the cords of the Camelot one but it is a big snow globe looking thing, you can miss it. Once you have your Cloud of Nanobots the rest of the stuff can be bought from the tower shops. Simply buy the how to book and follow the instructions. This process relies heavy on EE, Comp lit and some NP. One quick note is that part of the process requires a "Conductor Program" That only come in certain QL's and the Ql of this program defines the Ql of the Tower. Their are also defense towers that you cannot buy the Conductor Program for and you cannot buy premade. One of these is the Anti-Aircraft Pulse Turret a lovely tower that keeps people from scouting out your tower in a yalm. I'm still not sure how to make this one but i would love to know. So if anyone can find more information on this and would care to share it would be much appreciated.

About the personal towers
    I tried one of the premade towers they are not that expensive but they require a bit of comp lit and ME to use. They must be outside to use, you can place then anywhere but once you place them thats where they stay.

To use your tower you use commands similar to the /pet comands.

To attack:
    Select your target and type /Tower attack

To defend:
    type /Tower defend

To remove your tower:
    Select your tower and type /Tower Remove

To make some of these you will need a Multi-Purpose Tuner that i believe you get from the tower bases. I haven’t tried making any of these yet or done the quest if anyone has more infromation on this please feel free to share.

And there you have it the low down on all the towery goodness
    Last edited by Tinkertrish; Dec 6th, 2002 at 16:58:46.
    Originally posted by Runar Thor
    Having a launch like AO had was like being violently spanked for 2 years straight and we swear by the great, soft pillow in the sky to take every precaution possible to ensure the future safety of our botties

ummm , you sure you have those last to right ? i though the Cloud of Polychromic Nanobots was suppose to be for the personal towers and the Cloud of Infuriated Nanobots was for the turrets and guardians ?

Thumbs up

Great Guide Myiria!

but.....

Cloud of Infuriated Nanobots are used for Turrets.

Cloud of Polychromic Nanobots are used for Guardians.

Only Multi-Purpose Tuner is needed for making Service Towers.
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique

Yes your right. Thanks for clearing that up Hodelay ^^
    Having a launch like AO had was like being violently spanked for 2 years straight and we swear by the great, soft pillow in the sky to take every precaution possible to ensure the future safety of our botties

This is good info, it answers many of my questions about the Notum Wars. Perhaps I missed it previously but this is the best compilation of info I've seen to date. Thanks Myiria!
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

bump so my guide dosent get lost in all the flames ^^;

I thought it was 20 hours at 100%, 3 hours at 25% and then 1 hours at 5%?

Ifs its more than 24 hours in total the 'window' will shift and sooner or later youll be vunerable while your alseep??
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

The correct gas time is:

100% : 18 hours
    25% : 5 hours
    5% : 1 hour

-->>PETTER<<--

Great Guide Myir:)

really Great work Myiria
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

Great info, Myiria, but please edit your post to reflect what Hodelay said about the clouds and building Service Towers.

Jayhawk

towers

me and couple friends in my org been trying to make those upgraded towers and we got all items needed but uunfortunately our trade skillers dotn got the NW yet, waiting on the shipment.. id like to know if without NW u get the area bonus form towers since i been near our org and i didnt get nothing (i dont got any tower yet myself) and if ppl get bonus from others towers or only the ones u build urself, also the anywhere u are no matter playfield bonus affect only u by ur towers? or by any org towers? and what kind of towers do this, it didnt clarify myself very well but when u shift click ur towers they show a bunch fo defense and some attack too but i dont see nothing in my stats afected, does the stat become colored like implants ?

There are personal advantages and there are vicinity advantages . say with the Life tower u get (person owns) HP (vicinity) Hp Delta That means that if it isnt your tower you will only recieve the Hp delta , not the actual HP. If you Target the tower and press T , You will see both the pesonal mods and the vicinity Mods. Remeber ... Personal Mods are for the owner of the tower oinly , Vicinity Mods are for everyone in range of the Tower.

Everyone with and without NW recieve the Vicinity Bonus and the Org Advantages (if you have them in /org contract)

btw ... bump

o and yes , the bonuses are like implants , it will turn that stat Blue

Your own towers will give you their bonus's anywhere no matter what zone except for the vicinity Part .

Wink Nice job, Myiria!!!!

It's a real shame you're a clanner, you have the skills to be a good Omni Corporate member......

BUMP for info on anti-aircraft and anti-sneak pulse turrets. As far as I know no one has seen or knows how to make them on any server and I am in contact with most of the big clan guilds in RK1 and none of them have any idea. If someone figures it out please let the populace know.
    It matters little how we die, so long as we die better men then we imagined we could be--
    And no worse than we feared.

Olmy3 - Opifex Agent - Member of Wen-Tzu Enclave

Bumped for edits and additions. ^^!

(Hey Forged! long time no kill :P, send me a tell we'll have to fix that )

great guide, could well be rooted by FC.

/me nudges her guide back to the top

Stay boy stay! Good guide.

The Service towers (Personal Towers) require ME to place instead of EE.

As for the benefit of them......

Max Effect from these towers. This is cast in the area, but you have to be close to the tower.

This is the item that the Service towers use to do the area nano.

I used to be excited about the Service towers. They were to give a bonus to your offensive and defensive abilities. Instead its just a damage shield and AC buff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast