Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stuff found why rolling ??

Originally posted by Avaltarr
    Finders keepers? What you are saying is that because the enf or Sold ect. should never get a chance at any of the good loot because they have little B&E and are in to big a hurry.
    Did you even read my post, or did you stop when you saw the phrase "finders keepers?" What I am saying is that either:

A) You come to a clear understanding BEFORE the mission about rolling loot... and that means the pro roller chimes in and says "I vote that we roll for any valuable loot after the mission." and then waits to hear what EVERY team member has to say and solicits those who don't respond. Rolling for loot is not the reasonable default position. And YES, you will look like an **** prick for trying to hammer out these rules before a mission...

Tough!

OR...

B) ITS FINDERS KEEPERS, what is so frigging hard to understand about that? If you want some loot distribution rolls, you are going to have to go to the effort to get a CONSENSUS before the mission. Else you can whine and ***** about your carrying of the team, your low B&E, whatever TF, I don't care. If there are no agreed rules, and I find loot, I MAKE THE RULES, not you. And you can feel free to ignore me for it or call me ugly names, even disparage my family, but thats the way it is and you are in the wrong.

If you are looting every body and chest you come across it is very likely that you are missing the better part of most fights. With that said these people that are too busy to loot are carrying your sorry a$$ lvl after lvl.
    This is the standard BS argument that all the pro-rollers make. Once every 10 missions, I actually run across someone who is lagging behind to loot. In 90% of the cases, after a level is clear, the valuable items are found as people run by corpses to the lift, or from very convenient to open chests. There are very few people who are dragging behind the team to loot, but this is the same old argument that every pro roller drags out. It is the exception to the rule, and granted, is poor gameplay. But it is not the way things usually are.

The way things usually are... lots of players, and they are usually tankish sorts, don't want to be bothered with picking anything up. In fact they want to kill 2-5 mobs while mongo/TMS/drainsis up. This is good, everyone wants to finish the mission sooner. BUT, that doesn't mean that you can never check a corpse as you run by, or a chest, or spend IP on B&E and still expect to share the loot in a mission, UNLESS IT IS AGREED BEFOREHAND.

The least you can do for these people is allow them a fair shot at the loot by rolling for it. Maybe the next time two aces aggro you while your bot is stuck on the wall the enforcer will be to busy looting a chest to mongo and save you. Need before Greed....roll the rest.
    I agree with some of this, looting/nonfighting engys totally piss me off. But as I said above, it is rare, and you cant use the few very bad players out there to expect something from the generally good vast majority.

I take strong objection to the last sentence here, and sorry to say is representative of most of the attitudes of tanks out there.
    I have died more in missions to brainless tank behavior than bad doctoring, mezzing or anything else, so cool it with the "I am the tank, worship me" routine.

If you are so concerned about getting loot, then you shouldnt be doing a team mission. It should not be rewarding to run around and loot chests instead of fighting / helping a team. Being a doc i do get bored alot, and if its a team of people i know, i purposely pop chests during fight to wake people up =P

The only time when there was a problem was when some lowbie NT named Oocindum or something wouldnt roll on some notum frags.

If you join a team, be ready to share. If you cant handle that, solo.
    Splitfridge// lvl 191 omni doc
    Splitbanana// lvl 110 omni trader -_-
    Spitfridge// lvl 53 enf (yeah he probably killed ur alt)
    Splitanut// lvl 22 mp (watch me solo your base)

SPLIT > YOU

Looters dont be lame...

If your ****ing around breaking chests while the rest of the team is fighting you should be kicked...Thats what i do if im leader, and no warning.

I like the loot chat text...think it shuold be always on that way you can tell who your little ninja's are and deal with them accordingly.
    When its a choice between two evils, i always choose the one ive never tried before.

HAHAHAHAHA YOUR NAME IS **** DELICIOUS!!!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by Robobobo
    ME FAIL ENGLISH? THAT'S UNPOSSIBLE
    LOL

I love Ralph.
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

I just tell my group "anytime two people want an item there is a raffle".

If two people ask, we hold a raffle right away, if there is no raffle I leave the team.

Whoever said that doc's are loot ninja's is not being very bright, I play a doc and I have no time for anything but healing, esp if there is no enforcer to hold agro so that I have to watch ALL healthbars, attack , burst, heal target heal target heal target, charge nano, etc...

doc's are buisy beavers, only people more buisy are possibly traders and definitely ninja looters.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by SplitFridge
    If you are so concerned about getting loot, then you shouldnt be doing a team mission. ...

If you join a team, be ready to share. If you cant handle that, solo.
    If YOU are so concerned about getting loot that someone else picks up, have an agreement beforehand.

If you join a team, be ready to get exp. Loot/sharing/whatever is secondary by a huge margin. Do solo missions to get the loot that you need instead of expecting that every member of your team is your loot screener, i.e. "He can keep that, he can keep that, no, I want that."and most of all, stop wasting the team's time with rolling and loot squabbling.

Stop hiding behind the "looters are slowing down the team" crap that all the pro rollers fall back on. This happens, but is the exception rather than the rule. Admit that you are so lazy, incompetent or hell-bent on power levelling that you won't do your own solo missions and instead want the team to serve as your loot screener... this is the damn truth of the matter 90% of the time. Then I would at least respect the pro-rollers' honesty.

I'll bet the "lowbie" NT was probably 130, too btw... whatever.

Originally posted by Yazule
    I just tell my group "anytime two people want an item there is a raffle".
    Jeez, can do without the "doctor/god complex" here... you TELL your group? What an egregious load. You TELL your group? The last thing I am going to put up with at my level is having any teammate TELL me anything or dictate any kinds of terms.

If two people ask, we hold a raffle right away, if there is no raffle I leave the team.
    No competent players are going to put up with this kind of delay, and I couldn't type "/ignore" fast enough if a player left a team over something as trivial as someone's refusing to roll for a piece of loot. The only places to conduct a roll, if there has to be one at all, are in the boss room after mission completion or in the grid after blitzing the boss. LOL "STOP KILLING, TEAM!, Billy and Johnny need to roll for this widget." ROFLMAO

Whoever said that doc's are loot ninja's is not being very bright, I play a doc and I have no time for anything but healing, esp if there is no enforcer to hold agro so that I have to watch ALL healthbars, attack , burst, heal target heal target heal target, charge nano, etc...

BAHAHAHAHA, LOL, we are playing a relatively simple game here, not flying a plane. You are talking about a series of a few mouse clicks on buttons, or even simply depressing hot keys.

<cough>

Well ok Sanskrit.

Sanskrit

Yazule

Top posters of all time.

Course somebody at your level in this GAME is far too IMPORTANT to be bothered with stuff like this I guess.

Originally posted by diatribe
    <cough>

Well ok Sanskrit.

Sanskrit

Yazule

Top posters of all time.
    Ummmm. AND???

Originally posted by diatribe

Course somebody at your level in this GAME is far too IMPORTANT to be bothered with stuff like this I guess.
    Is there an argument in here somewhere? The premise that post count=skill and good playing is laughable and I never dictate edicts to my teammates, an action which would tend to show "self-importance."

And you don't think your previous post wasn't somewhat grandiloquent then?

Because I did.

Not sure what you mean by "grandiloquent" but am tired of teammates who think that they can dictate subjective "rules" to the team because of their self-perceived status. My position is simple:

1) Agree on loot rules before the mission or don't expect your teammates to roll for loot.
    2) If at all possible, don't loot until the level/mission is complete.

man, i've read a lot of heated discussions on the issue of looting lately. taking the last subject first, the time that a person has been a member of the board is somewhat indicitive of the amount of time that he has been playing. however, this is not any way to judge a person's knowledge of the game. in fact, i know from experience, some people spend more time on game boards than playing the game that the board is about.

anyway, about looting. i generally agree with the positions that sanskrit has taken, if not his attitude. honestly, i have never had a real argument come up over loot in any team ive been a member of. i often have to refuse to take an item from someone who i think might need it more than i do, or who asked for it first, in the name of fairness. sometimes, though, i just accept, of course....

here's what i think:

team concensis! there are no rules to game-play or looting. if people want to loot every chest and corpse, that's fine. if they want to hurry, hurry, hurry, then that's fine too.

if someone lags behind more than a few times, or deliberately loots a chest during a fight, they should be kicked, period. "should," being the active word, they may be granted grace and allowed to improve their beharior, and act like a member of a team.

i don't mind at all going back through the whole mission and looting chests, especially if there are a lot of them. the only problem is that, if i can't disarm them and i'm the lowbie in the team, i may have trouble with the rats.

if someone loots something, unless it's been decided in advance, it's theirs. if they looted it (from a chest) during a fight, it's still theirs, and they can leave the team with it. how this genearlly works: people request certain things. (this happens after the mission.) If nobody asks for it, then the looter gets to sell it. Also, profession-specific items are generally voluntarily offered to someone of that profession if they are present in the team. however, items are always requested, not demanded. i am much more likely to comply with a request than a demand any day, in a game or in real life.

that's it, nable: on the subject of looting (part 2.)

I loot, because I'm pretty good at making sure I pick up ~75% of chests/mobloot while still doing my share of damage.

And if someone wants something I pick up, they get it. If more than one person wants, we roll it. I expect everyone else to abide by this rule.

If they don't, I get team lead, train the entire floor on the person who has no ****ing manners, kick the bastard, and evac my team.

Yes, it's rude. I very rarely have to do it, fortunately.

But it usually makes them think twice about trying to screw their teammates.

edit: Oh, and profession specific items are ALWAYS offered first to the member of that profession, if present. If a fixer has GA3 and we loot it, the team gets to split it, but if the fixer is still looking for his smurf suit, then he gets it. It's only fair. Nullity would go to an NT w/o it, TBW to an engi, and so on for rare nanos. I still recall seeing an adv. cloak rolled off at Tara, despite the fact there was an advent who needed it. The advent didn't get it. The soldier who did sold it on the forums. That sort of thing? Not cool.
    Last edited by Kiryat-Dharin; Dec 5th, 2002 at 09:29:03.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Haha, I dont see the problem.

Room, chest, mob.

Kill mob, all clear, loot chest.

If theres a good item save it later.

+ have you see what xp they give at higher levels?

I saw this REAL BIG Crybaby saying dont loot chest till the mission is over? Expects us to go through every room twice? saying oh if a roller rat comes we will die.

Um, hehe i think not, you wait till there are no mobs.

Noobs, hate em! Illogical thinking meat!

Forgot to say, only person in a team who should loot chest is doc/nt to get chargers. Else its pure waste of time.
    No one in my teams ever bothered to loot chests or bodies, kinda sad to see one low life looting all the corpses makes you wanna throw him 10 credits on the floor so he can bow down to get em...
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Infamine
    Forgot to say, only person in a team who should loot chest is doc/nt to get chargers. Else its pure waste of time.
    No one in my teams ever bothered to loot chests or bodies, kinda sad to see one low life looting all the corpses makes you wanna throw him 10 credits on the floor so he can bow down to get em...
    agree..

if u need creds why don't you do a single mission?

single = alot creds --- slow xp (but u get rich)
    team = alot xp --- should not be a way to earn savings

CohnKraD 212 MA Nano <First Nanomage GURU>
    CohnCrat 220 Crat Solitus
    Cohn007 216 Agent Solitus
    Goodone 211 Engineer Solitus
    MRCohn 214 Agent ATROX - Mongo rage *nerf*
    + + + many alts
    Killer 93% Achiever 66% Socializer 20% Explorer 20%

umm

Admittedly, I'm low level (32) and unfamiliar with the high game, but I find it simplest to have everyone agree to clear the whole mission first, then those who want to can run around willy-nilly on a nice little shopping spree. If a prof-specific item is found then it's given to that member (if we have one). If not, finders keepers. Seems perfectly fair to me. Is there a reason this wouldn't work as well if not better at higher levels?
    Randome. Proud General of Link Dead, a mercenary organization. Available for assistance with blitzing, raiding, tower defense, etc. Send a tell to any of our members for more info.

loot

Items that someone can use in the team should go to that person, if its a nano, an upgrade, it should be theirs. If 6 notum bits drop, then each member should get 1. Being part of a team should not be an oppurtunity for 1 person to make a small fortune on the backs of their team. Everyone is sharing the risks, everyone should share the rewards. Certain classes bring skills that will allow them better access to loot chests and corpses and also keep up with the team when fighting. Not sharing loot is the same justification for charging for buffs, heals and damage output or even working to maintain agro. 6 of you go into a mission or out on a hunt, the 6 of you should come out with a reasonable share of the rewards. Some here have indicated that the points they have invested in B&E gives them the right to open and keep chest loot. What of the individual that spends IP to get that next weapon/armor/buff/heal/attack/debuff? What good is that enforcer with the good B&E when they can't cast a decent essence for their level?

Some classes have a real reason to improve B&E more than others. That is a skill they bring to the team and should be part of the benefit of including them in the team.

As a lvl 146 soldier, I still do not have the IP to afford a good skill in B&E, but I bring a good gun, good equipment and good buffs to the team. As a matter of fact, I can't open locked chests in 50% missions, let alone team mission chests.

Originally posted by AnotherFixer

"Im a doc, I can heal and loot at the same time"

"Im an engineer, my bot is fighting so I can go around looting"
    ROFL.

My trader has alot more time to ninja then either my doc or my engie. My experience in teams is that crats and fixers are the worst ninja looters. I've had a few engies do it but crats and fixers worst offenders in my groups.

I've never met a doc ninja. Anyone know any?

ITs pretty hard to heal from 2 rooms away so they can't really do it while ninjaing.

and of all docs really engie and docs are 2 of the most expensive to play and should get most of the loot.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast