Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stuff found why rolling ??

stuff found why rolling ??

Yes now is the fashion in team all stuff found notum /ql 200 implant free*/ hot stone / and some diferent objet now i heard
    "i whant roll"
    thats break the rytme of team and i dont understand why people prefere beg roll to climb her ip for have 450 to break entry

i whant know if fc have take a position of thats

what they are saying in this post is when someone loots a uber item in a mission, for instance, hot stone i guess, or notum chip, it is disrupting the team by people wanting to roll for it.

First of all, if the player who loots it is open to a roll, you can wait til the end of the mission.

Second of all, notum chips drop alot in team missions.

I really don't see this as a problem.

Cool

hmm... so people asking to raffle nice loots found in mission should better shut up and spend their IP on B&E rather than delaying the teams progress a minute or so?

/me is pleased with herself for working that out

Well.. not everyone wants to gimp themselves by spending 2+ levels on B&E. My lvl155 Doc has 100 B&E.. because its not a priority. I dont live from chests.

Nice things are found in missions these days, Soul Frag, Cold Stone, Notum, Ace tag etc. Some sell for 20mil+. So if this concerns you, make it clear on looting policy before you start the mission, it saves a lot of hassle later on.

Have a designated looter in the team and agree to raffle valuables after. Simple. done.

When you spend your time looting chests and bodies instead of helping your team fight, I think its only fair to share the valuable items you find?
    I can understand that implementing lootmessages was a setback to the most greedy of people out there
    So unless you take turns in opening chests, I think its only fair that the valuables are raffled
    Euphorie 200 Trader RK1
    DrAlban 130+ Doctor RK1

ok

So how about the fixer who is opening every darn chest in the mission. When you have spent time doing so. His excuse oo I leave some stuff. well bs if something nice pops up then I want a roll on it.

Summerbreeze 200 Fixer
    Enginemaker 203 Engineer (Retired cause new bots SUCK!)
    Vetgirl 177 Doctor Retired (See Why)
    Bigbunns 156 Enforcer (semi-retired.)
    Malams 150 Soldier
    Lumisolem 134 NT
    Hiddenfear 112 Agent
    OhNoNotHim 42 Martial Artist (BOW)

Levels: 1164
    Characters Nerfed To Oblivion: 3

"We see the light at the end of the tunnel and indeed it is a train, of mobs, that just mowed our crappy 201+ bots down and are comming for us."

The Fixer opening chests!? LMAO.. THis coming from a player of a doc and an engineer, traditionally the two biggest ninja looter profs of all time.

"Im a doc, I can heal and loot at the same time"

"Im an engineer, my bot is fighting so I can go around looting"

Hey Kettle, it's Pot calling, you're black.

the chests are there for looting, but not while anyone else is fighting. ive unlocked chests before (i up my b&e when i find that i can't open them anymore,) and had to leave them when i see that someone has moved on...

ninja-looting is bad, but don't make it sound like chests are the problem... i understand that this seems to be different over lvl 150 (not there yet), but under that thers nothing wrong w/ looting if it doesn't interfere much w/ progress.

just don't loot a chest if anyone is fighting, no matter what you are doing. and, when i play doc, i hardly ever get a chest, cus i'm always too busy.

Re: stuff found why rolling ??

Originally posted by Morseul
    Yes now is the fashion in team all stuff found notum /ql 200 implant free*/ hot stone / and some diferent objet now i heard
    "i whant roll"
    thats break the rytme of team and i dont understand why people prefere beg roll to climb her ip for have 450 to break entry

i whant know if fc have take a position of thats
    Morseul I'm guessing your first language isn't english (if it is you really need to slow down a bit and proof read).

Because the best way to learn is by correction, here is my correction:

Now the fashion in teams is that all (good) stuff found (notum/empty ql200 implants/hot stones and some different objects) are rolled for. All I hear now is "I want to roll" which breaks the rhythm of the team. I don't know why people beg for a roll when they haven't spent IP and raised their break and entry to 450.

I want to know if FC have taken a position on this.
    I'm not sure about that last bit - sorry if this seems a bit didactic.

loot

seems to me that after lvl 150+, hardly anyone loots corpses anymore. they are all to busy rushing to the next kill or rushing to get to the next chest. team looting is almost always set to all, because alpha just doesnt cut it. i make a point to loot some bodys, gotta earn a living and supplies do cost money. if i loot a corpse and find a notum frag, most people say nice loot or something similar. i have looted many notum pieces and not once was i asked to roll. if i were, and i was the only one looting corpses, i probly would say tough luck. i dont make an effort to loot every body, just when the oppourtunity arrises between heal spamming, nanorecharging , attacking and chasing team.
    as for chests, i say let he who has the B+E get the loot, but do it on your own time. just leave the group after mission and before grid out and go back and loot. this will keep people from knowing what you find so if its something good theres less grief. alot will complain about that statement and say " its a team mission and it should be shared". well then you wanna pick the lock miss i have no B+E skill at all because i spent my ip equipping this leet doll? or you want to stop at every chest and open it mr 1000+ run speed enforcer kill machine? in the last 50 teams i been in, not one stoped at chests to open them. why not? because its not worth the time for the usual crappy loot. but if a nice item is found then its all "hey wheres my cut, i want to roll".

Question question for ambushbug

Ambushbug,

Why doesn't loot alpha cut it?

Maybe I have missed something but to me it provides structure to the looting. You know when it's your turn. You never get the unable to loot because someone else is already looting message.

To me having loot all just opens things up to the greedy people who want to loot everything.

Have I missed something that makes loot alpha a bad idea?

Skara

it's a bad idea if only 1 or 2 people want to loot and they can pull it off w/out being useless in the fighting... aparently this is the case at 150+ more often than lower lvls...

The problem with looting at higher levels is that is slows down the progress of the team. Alpha loot and chest looting slows down more than anything.

I have been in missions with ppl that hardly ever catch up with the group because they are to busy looting corpses and popping chests and if they find anything worthfull then I will for sure ask for a roll when the mission is done - if the guy refuses to roll I accept that but I wont ever team with him again.

Alpha loot will only cause more delays as ppl have to wait for the mob to drop (takes like 5sec til he is lootable) and when group splits up a bit to kill adds and so you dont realy know where your loot is and so on. If ppl then start looking for it that will be a huge delay.

This is rarely a problem in highlevel missions though, most ppl i play with seems satisfied with rolling for loot. Even the looter seems satisfied with this - afterall he gets all the junk for sale to the store to make 1-2 mill per mission (rarely more than 1-2 looters in a mission). Yes that is extra work for him to loot - but it is also extra work for all the other members in the team as he wont be doing killing at the same degree as the others.

So i say: Roll or stay out of my teams.

(btw: my soldier got like 450 or so in BE - but the few times i pop chests is while we are waiting or when mission is done. And i totaly agree if someone stays to do chests after the mission is done then they get what they find.)
    Magbyte - 210+ Soldier - Equipment
    Cratbyte - 220 Crat - Equipment
    Medbyte - 150+ Doc

Easy enough

You find it, you keep it - if the lootwhores want it tell em to up their B&E...
    Infamine 200 soljah

I feel..

If you don't want to share with your 'team' then you better say so right from the start.. When i find some good item, then you're SOL and i won't include you in a roll for the people who like to keep it fair for everyone. You all wouldn't be in that mission if you didn't team together, just keep that in mind when you're looting away and find some decent stuff.

Re: Easy enough

Originally posted by Infamine
    You find it, you keep it - if the lootwhores want it tell em to up their B&E...
    Hmm.. so the one who opens chest and takes items IS NOT a loot whore. But the poor sod with no B&E who asks for a roll is.

Makes perfect sense..

..To a ninja maybe =P

ME FAIL ENGLISH? THAT'S UNPOSSIBLE

Bah on a bunch of highly subjective rules about who should get what and rolling, and what if such and such profession is in the team.... The people who want rolls are also the powerlevelers who never do anything but team missions. Blitz/Sneak/Mezz a mission every now and then to get some cash/loot.

If there ARE assumptions, the logical one is "finders keepers" unless otherwise clearly discussed before the mission. That said, I don't think anyone should touch a corpse, other than "drivebys", until the level is clear (the corpses stay around for a looonnng time now) and no one should touch a chest until after the mission. Then the exp seekers and the loot seekers can part company.

If you want to get your 3 levels in a day (and that is some feat at 135+) YOU AINT GETTING ALOT OF LOOT. Simple as that. If you want notum and SFs, SLOW DOWN. You can have it all if you slow the pace 20% and use alpha. Can't have it both ways (max speed and max loot) and demanding rolls for things others find is a selfish attempt to do so.

On the other hand, if there is a total loot laggard, I immediately ask that anything I want be handed over directly, sans roll. This usually sends the proper message.
    Last edited by Jutlina; Dec 4th, 2002 at 17:41:53.

Finders keepers? What you are saying is that because the enf or Sold ect. should never get a chance at any of the good loot because they have little B&E and are in to big a hurry. If you are looting every body and chest you come across it is very likely that you are missing the better part of most fights. With that said these people that are too busy to loot are carrying your sorry a$$ lvl after lvl. The least you can do for these people is allow them a fair shot at the loot by rolling for it. Maybe the next time two aces aggro you while your bot is stuck on the wall the enforcer will be to busy looting a chest to mongo and save you. Need before Greed....roll the rest.

It's finders keepers. If someone can loot without disrupting the flow of the team and they are still putting in their effort to kill, I don't care what they loot. it's theirs. If person A loots and item from a mob, person B has no claim to it.

I'm too lazy to loot, I'll be honest with you. MOBs in missions have this extended death animation that takes about three years before you can actually loot them, so I usually don't bother.

Last night rocked though. In one mission my guildies found a notum chip, a notum frag, a "paralyse with indecision" graft, a ql190 soul frag, a cold stone, etc. So it definitely does pay to loot when you can but rolling for mob loot is lame. If it's so important, just do loot alpha.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast