Thread: Questions about Personal Towers.(fairly long)

Questions about Personal Towers.(fairly long)

Before I begin with my questions I would just like to say that despite the distribution problems, and the lag problems, and a host of other bugs I am still very impressed with the Notum Wars so far. It was incredibly cool logging in tonight in Omni-Ent after I registered and seeing the massive ships transporting notum off-world, I could even hear them when they went over head! Unfortunately, the ships pathing must be fixed as I got to witness a long cargo-ship type ram full force into the really big barely mobile type and then proceed right through. Anyway, as to my questions, I thought I would test out the personal towers so I went and bought a cheap little ql 15 one and headed to a near-by backyard to test it out. I was slightly confused at first as the description said that it acted like a pet so after placing it I tried to give it commands to no avail. My question is how can you tell what benefits a Personal Tower will bring before you place it? How can you tell how long they will last? Also, the description says something about attacking enemies for you but at least the little ql 15 one that I bought only gave off a 30 second buff(that was insanely good for something ql 15, 200 to all AC's and a 15 point damage shield for impact and melee, I hope this wasn't a bug or something). Do higher ql ones attack or not? Was just wondering these things so I can decide if Personal Towers are worth the money to buy in large quantities. Thanks.

Dunno, I have the same questions, but...

Didn't you use the /tower attack or other commands? If so, fill me in on what happened with the tower. How long did the tower last?

Doesn't make much sense

I've used several QL version of the personal service towers so far. I don't see any real difference with the buffs they provide. They all seem to give a +200 AC buff across the board. While I was hunting with a team at Mort, I bought a bunch of the lowest QL towers and set them up at our camp. For two hours, I only had to replace one tower when a Brig General got ticked at the tower and nailed it with a single hit. I really don't see any reason to buy any personal tower highers then the lowest offered in the stores.

Hi,
    I have played set up the Personal Towers before and they are really cool. I have used the ql 75 & ql 150.

The ql 75 gives AC bonuses (200 i think) & 15 damage shield. The ql 150 gives AC (i can't remember), 30 point damage shield and 30 point HoT.

The two commands I have given it are....

/tower rename L33tPwner
    /tower attack

once you give it the attack command it will attack anything that you attack. There is a command to make it stop attack but I haven't bothered to find out. hehehe

Hope that helps.
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique

I haven't made it to a tower store, yet. Can you tell me the approximate costs of the personal "solo" towers?

Tower Commands

Is there a place I can go to see what the available tower commands/benefits are?

Hi,
    The article that describes the the towers is HERE.

I think you can buy premade towers up to ql 50. Then you have to make the ql 75 & 150. There is a ql 225 & 300 but those are unmakable at this point.

The steps are fairly easy and require Mech Engineering (maybe some other skills which I had enough of at the time). Here is example of ql 150......

First you have to do a quest with the Supplier at the Clan/Omni base. Give him Gift Wrap Basket and he will give you a Multi Purpose Tuner.

Use the Multi Purpose Tuner on the Semi-Sentinent Service Tower Library (the different QL's have different names ie. ql 75 is called Android Service Tower Library) to get Semi-Sentinent Service Tower Brain.

Use Service Tower Shell on Semi-Sentinent Service Tower Brain to get Inactive Semi-Sentinent Service Tower.

Now all you need is a sweet spot where you want to drop this bad boy.

All the parts can be purchased from the Tower Shops. I can't remember the exact amount but I think each of the ql 150 pieces cost 50 - 75k.
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique