Thread: Notum Wars. But why ?

Notum Wars. But why ?

Ok. Now it is here! Well atleast for some people and maybe for the rest before x-mas.

But now what ? We can buy IP sinkhole vehicles for million of credits just so we can get "uhh, ahhh, ihhh, wow !"... Yes i know new yalms are only showoff items.

Ground vehicles... Well in Beta i was NOT impressed by them, except for their looks. Why even use them ?

Towers/landcontrol:

In the weeks before NW was to be realeased i could hear most of my guildmates say: "Man, im bored" "Booooring" etc... Now they fight like crazy and building towers almost 24/4. Ok, i guess they aint bored. But how long will this last? As i see it NW will be interesting up to the point where people have fought over some land for a few days/weeks, tried to buy a new vehicle and looked at the "new looks"..

Then what happens next...?

I have betatestet NW, i have not been able to purchase it in any local store yet (old story, wont go into that old one again) . Now i see all my guildies go crazy in these "laggy tower fights" , but actually when i think about it, i really dont need NW, now do I ?

Yes i need it if i want to be fancy looking in a Yalm/ground attack vehicle or if i want to place towers, which might be pulled down anyway by our president just becourse the location nolonger suits the Guild...

So, all in all, i actually cant think up any reason to purchase NW when the time comes. I can still go see the towers/defend them. I still get the "Side XP thing" and i dont need any new vehicle.

So, please tell me "why" I should get a copy of NW for 20$ and what then ? How long will this keep "highlevel" people going.. My point is i cant really see any reason to. The "drilling of notum" well what do we really get from that ? I dont see any drilling..

Just my 2cents... aint a flame just an observation...

Unhappy This makes me sad.

This isnt a flame at you my friend.

This is a game. And as such, it is not eternal.

Of course all the tower stuff will lose its intensity, but the features will still be in game. People will still battle for land. Even when the entire population isnt doing it. All it does is add depth to an already deep game.

But the more features the developers add, the more there is to do in the game. Just because something is not the rage anymore, does not mean that it is not a viable option for something to do. Why defend the towers if there is no gain? At least you will receive a newly patched client and features like voice commands which could make a massive change in the games look and feel!

I cannot beleive people are having such a hard time with this.
    Last edited by ArchRave; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 16:22:17.

"y" o "y" should i buy this booster????!? will it make me eternally happy? no.... would i get sum short term enjoyment out of it? maybe... it's just a game? yea. well then, i must jump off a cliff!!

i just find it funny that so many people need others to point out to them y they should buy boosters/expansions/games ...

I don't find it funny or strange at all. Many people try to find out specifics of products before they buy them. I'm still waiting to hear what specifically is useful to those not into PvP that's in NW. So far I haven't heard of anything all that much, but with all the dist troubles that doesn't surprise me too much. I'd LOVE to hear what exactly is contained in NW.

ur LOOKING for TOO MUCH....notum wars is simple, no hidden game play exists in it that FUNCOM is gonna suddenly release to u....u saw the teaser etc, u've read the rooted posts and articles...that's all folks.... and yes, there is a santa clause =)

I agree that the features of the booster pack are a good addition to the game. I also agree that it is not necessary to have the features be eternally exciting. If the game is fun, people will return to the tower fights from time to time.