Thread: Wailing Waste Map where is it!?

Angry Wailing Waste Map where is it!?

Put WW Map in Shop pls.

Re: Wailing Waste Map where is it!?

Originally posted by hkken
    Put WW Map in Shop pls.
    It is in shops, just keep looking, I up loaded all the maps in the game once I got got bored of not spending ip around lvl 170ish and got map-nav to 700.
    even plains of salt, with is not an open play field yet

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Unless they changed that recently; no, it is not.

It might be for clan (I never rolled a clan char, so I don't know), but not for Omni. So... if you happen to BE a clanner, and want to make some extra cash - stock up! I know I for one will pay overprice for it.

vattav : symbs
    Legion

If I remember correctly: Wailing Wastes is a part of the Clan startup-maps - I don't think it's available in stores as a stand-alone map.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

WAILING WATES MAPS , for all Joo NEWBIES!!!

BAH if your not a newbie you should know this already, The Wailing Wastes Map is only available for CLANNERS !! YES CLANNERS ONLY ... if you start out as a neut and load neut start up maps your screwed , same goes for all you OMNI' layers that went clan and decided to laod the OMNI start up maps.. IN FACT herea a word of advise:
    no matter what if you want the wailing wastes map you have to start up with being clan and laod the default start up maps for clan.. then switch to OMNI if you choose to *Dont know why* but go for it, also if your a Neut! NO LUCK FOR YOU you'll never get it un less for some reason FUNCOM decided to put it in stores...and for the OMNI;s i think theres 1 map also that OMNI's get and nobody else does either as well.. cant say which cause im a CLANNER and proud of it.. but if you know what map isnt available in shops but is on the omni start up feel free to let everyone know by posting that info here please...ALSO theres no reason in hell to even use Neut start up maps there all available in the store why have a default start up set for the neuts.. its useless.. hehe SORRY bout that to you Nuets i feel for ya sometimes.. Well cept for the ones that took out JAVAS when we were out helping protect the neutral base and a nuety decided to attack those of us that were helping defend that very same tower controled are.. :P You got what you deserved so :P ......

Arrow FYI

There is no map that omnis get at startup that clanners cannot get with enough map nav. Ditto for neutrals.

Yes it only comes with the clan start up maps.

I guarentee you its a BUG that will get fixed "someday", not a roleplaying issue.

Obviously if it was a roleplaying thing or whatever, it would be deleted from your list upon changing sides. Since this is nearly 30000 years in the future and they have magical things called space travel and satellites keeping the ordinary features on the surface of a planet secret is impossible, not to mention stupid.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Thumbs up FIX IT!!!!

I agree with the poster that it needs to be fixed.

There is no map for Wartorn Valley either.

The only way to get WW is to start as clan, or buy and load the clan startup maps (and not load default map) if you are omni or neutral.

Since I started as omni, and switched to clan, I can never get the map.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

startup map, bugger you could be right about that, but I would have sworn I bought in september( 2001), when I was hunting out there.

That aside, if it is currently only avalible as a clan startup map then realistically it should be made avalible as a map in any store as are all the OT areas.

Probabley never arose as an issue till NW.

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Just got of a /petition with a GM about it

And; "Yes, WW is part of the clan startup map, and yes it can be purchased in shops"

Ok... so I rolled a clanner, my very first , to get the map. Guess what... no WW in shop.

However, he seemed genuinely surprised by the fact that it wasn't in Omni shops, and he would "report it"

How this can NOT be known by a GM by now is beyond me, but hopefully it'll get thrown in there in a not-so distant patch.

vattav : symbs
    Legion

Must have been a pretty new GM. This has been known for ages and it has been reported many times.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

* Wailing Waste is not in shop except in Clan Startup kit. Not in DB either
    * Bay of Rome, Not sure about this one, is the playfield open or not.
    * Broken Crest, Not sure about this one, is the playfield open or not.
    * 4 Holes, Used to be bugged, can't be uploaded, don't know what the status on this one, I bet it is still bugged.
    * Plains of Salt, playfield not open (between Perpetual Wastelands and Greater Tir County)
    * Three Craters, playfield not open (between Avalon and Mort)
    * The Reck, Playfield not open (no idea where it is)
    * The spur, Playfield not open (no idea where it is)

Just like the old weapon smithing stuff, maps are forgotten and prolly be uncomplete till.... well you see what i mean.

a+
    F.

4 holes was fixed

4 holes works now, has for a while. It's only map nav skill 4 lol! I wish more zones were that low.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Talking

I have it as a born and bred Omni! (on testlive anyway... as of just a few hours ago...)
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Re: Just got of a /petition with a GM about it

Originally posted by VattaV
    And; "Yes, WW is part of the clan startup map, and yes it can be purchased in shops"
    I think that the GM was being wiley... read that quote as: "WW is part of the clan start up maps. Yes it (clan start up maps) can be purchased in shops."

Post by Darkbane prelim 14.7.5 Patch notes.

-The map to Wailing Waste has now been added to the Map - Athen Shire. This new map "Map - Full Athen Shire" is found in the shops.
    They better make sure you can upload it if you already uploaded the Athens Shire map.
    Last edited by Miniexplicit; Dec 10th, 2002 at 16:00:08.

I agree X-3. I spent a bunch of hours yesterday making ql195+ mapnav implants and gettnig to 700 to upload everything and then i discovered this WW nonsese. i finally got my real equipment back on; if i have to go thru it all again just to upload WW I will be very sad.

amis
    Skebet Omni lvl 181 MP

Arrow

Map Nav req is about 75 IIRC...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper