Thread: If 2k board was implented....

If 2k board was implented....

I am very curious as to the implentation method and how the overall community handles it. I can see it going two ways:
    A 2k board (or whatever number, don't matter for sake of argument) is put in with new benefits:

A) Everyone will jump for joy, but only to find out that it doesn't matter what you previously had earned past 1k, it will be reseted to 1k and you go from there.

B) Everyone jumps for joy, those who have earned over 1k, can enjoy the new benefits right away after whatever patch.

Obviously it is to best interest to go with (B), but I don't think that it is out of this world if (A) was chosen, given some past decisions made on certain "fixes" (crit nerf for one ). What I am curious to know is if after a new fix like this, if (A) is chosen, would the majority complain that this is unfair? Funcom is now providing some new fun things after many cries for this, but will there be even more cries if your past 1k earned tokens don't count? Keep in mind, you have all lived fine with nothing over 1k, so in essence, you're not really 'losing' anything, unless of course you were one to continue earning tokens with the hope that something like his was done, then your efforts are lost. If (B) is chosen, and some players already got insane amount of tokens, and their token board has already met the new limits, will there be cries that the effort wasn't enough?

Just wanted to throw that in the air. Fell free to point out anything wrong with anything here, after all, just a thought, it's not even an idea =)
    Dyrshin
    220 MA
    RK1
    GMT -10:00

"They say karate means empty hands, so then it's perfect for the poor man"

--Dead Prez*

*I don't agree with everything they say, but they have damn good beats

I think it should have a huge boost to flying skills so that many other professions can use the new uber yalms with outrageous skill requirements. It doesnt seem fair that only a couple professions will be able to use the really cool yalms.

I would also give huge bonuses to the trade skills so that high level characters can fool around more with trades and not have to use alternates.

I do think they need to have a 2k board. Keep the game growing.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Currently I have 2530 tokens.
    All of these are 100% legitimate.
    When I say this I mean that I never traded tokens when you could, I didn't blitz hundreds of tiny five MOB missions to get tokens.
    Even after some changes to stop this kind of activity I then didn't spend the "infamous" weekend running 5 grey MOB missions for tokens either.

All of my tokens have been gained the hard way and about 750 of these were gained when 1 token was worth 1 token no matter what level you were.
    I've already been screwed out of tokens and the tokens value once in this game - the day they took my 750 hard earnt tokens and instanatly devalued them when they added this most stupid current token system - that was the quick fix to a load of moaners who felt it would be a "little bit difficult" to get the 1000 board, now everybody has got one.

I have been campaigning for higher level boards since they first messed up the current boards.
    I also don't think they should be decrative or "useless" I feel they should continue to add to skills as they go up.
    I'd like to see a new board added for 2500 and then for 5000 tokens.
    Those that tell me that they don't want to be "forced into doing missions" then the simple answer is don't.
    You wont get your board but you've made your decision.

Back to your two possible systems.
    As I said above, I've already been screwed out of tokens once in this game.
    Whereas I saw the value of tokens soon after I left the backyard for the very first time, others decided the game was all about getting to level 200 as quickly as possible.
    I suffered on levels but gained on tokens, now even the people finding it hard to get tokens once now have at least 1000 of them.
    If a new board was announced but also at the same time it was announced that all boards over 1000 would be reset to 1000 I would quit on the spot, simple as that.

I've already have my efforts devalued once, I wouldn't sit back and watch it happen again.

Redsonja, I agree. I was just wondering how people would take that change. However, I wouldn't be overly surprised if they did do something like that.
    Dyrshin
    220 MA
    RK1

--Dead Prez*

i would be annoyed.

why add a bigger board to boast with.

i rather have them add a method to cash in your excess tokens for i dont know iprs, ip anything like that.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Re: i would be annoyed.

Originally posted by Blackwing
    why add a bigger board to boast with.

i rather have them add a method to cash in your excess tokens for i dont know iprs, ip anything like that.
    This one also perfect idea. And both these ideas (over 1k token board and trade tokens into IPs) can live together easy. If you want to trade tokens - do it, if you want benefits from over 1k board - collect tokens and rip benefits. In Utopia of course, these ideas will not be implemented or FC isn't FC.

P. S. If FC will make over 1k boards in B version, there will be bug in patch what will resets board to 1k

Arrow

Higher boards would be nice. If you made a new char after the token changes and did typical missions, you end up with something like 2-5k tokens by 200. (depends on your leveling style)

Wiping tokens (or cash or levels or whatever) already earned legitimately is a live grenade, don't even think about it...unless you like the taste of shrapnel in the morning.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I'm in favor of both the higher token board and cash in tokens for IPR points. I'm not in favor if IP points for tokens unless it can only be done at L200 or something, because that would lead to major farming, especially in that oh-so-painful IP time of 65-85 and 110-130.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

It needs to be 5k board. Not 2k board. That way it would be an accomplishement to get. 2k board would come too fast considering how many tokens you get at high level missions.

maybe not 5k but 3-4k board

at lvl182 i have almost 2k tokens and i started doing missions for tokens around 130 (when i had 30 tokens) before that was always single player missions where the other people get the tokens its crazy to get 2k tokens in 50 lvls and xp wise 180 is only half way to 200 so youre lookin at another 1.5-2k tokens before 200

would be nice if the board could add +200 vehicle air for all the peole who want to spend 150mil on a yalm which gimps them to hell atm since they have to implant it and possibly +30 to all trade skills
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Re: Re: i would be annoyed.

Originally posted by Uberling

This one also perfect idea. And both these ideas (over 1k token board and trade tokens into IPs) can live together easy. If you want to trade tokens - do it, if you want benefits from over 1k board - collect tokens and rip benefits. In Utopia of course, these ideas will not be implemented or FC isn't FC.

P. S. If FC will make over 1k boards in B version, there will be bug in patch what will resets board to 1k
    ...and screw over neutrals again?
    Neutrals don't get tokens. They don't have 1k tokens, 2k tokens. heck, they don't even have 30 tokens. To bind IPRs to excess tokens would screw them over again.
    To increase tokenboards would also screw them over. another bonus they won't ever see.

IF there were to be tokenboards above 1k, make them add to tradeskills. Nothing more. IMHO. oh, and don't reset down to 1k tokens for those that have more. That would just be too cruel.

lol

Even if FC will never be perfect, we can still hope they get close I'm glad people are responding to this, that way, if ever comes a time that they decide to read this thread and think, "hey, 1k sucks, need more", they think it through and don't reset 1k down again for the people over 1k.

As to Neutrals, I have read elsewhere that Neutrals were just a place holder in the beginning for people undecided in which side they wanna join. But Neutrals grew in number and now they are a force. I believe FC needs to decide whether they want Neutrals as a big part in the fight, or again reroll them back to placeholders. An implementation of a nice new token board to omni and clan only would be sorta a step toward making Neutrals take a side.

I wonder however, will Neutrals take it lightly, even as skybert put it, if omin and clan were given ANY benefit at all from new token boards? Also, if FC wants Neutrals to stay as a big force, what can they give them that will compensate for a lack of a board? Their own token board?
    Dyrshin
    220 MA
    RK1

--Dead Prez*

I think the general idea was that Jobe will have a higher board...not sure who said it, but I am certain it was somewhere.

For 5k+ tokens, a side advantage for your dedication to the organization like:
    - access to a special shop selling items that can be found in solo missions (weapons, armors, ncu, nanos, etc) up to a QL equal to your level.

Originally posted by Skybert

Neutrals don't get tokens. They don't have 1k tokens, 2k tokens. heck, they don't even have 30 tokens. To bind IPRs to excess tokens would screw them over again.
    To increase tokenboards would also screw them over. another bonus they won't ever see.

IF there were to be tokenboards above 1k, make them add to tradeskills. Nothing more. IMHO. oh, and don't reset down to 1k tokens for those that have more. That would just be too cruel.
    Its their own fault, that they stay neutral, right? I mean they could choose 1 side very easy from level one and gain benefits from them. Neutrals aint a serious faction, not even important, but tolerated by omnis and clans.

Neutrals population on Atlantean is about 5%... Even a great clan guild has more member...

If FC ever decides to make them worth as a 3rd faction in this game, they should get all the power and benefits which the others factions already have.
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Re: Re: Re: i would be annoyed.

Originally posted by Skybert

Neutrals choose to stay neutral knowing everything they are missing. No one is screwing them over since it is their choice not to 'pick a side' which really just means 'get better benefits.' If you want the benefits of a token board or other side specific items then UNscrew yourself and use a form.

I was under the impression that Neutrals stayed neutral for the Role Playing and not for the bonuses. Guess I was wrong, Skybert.