Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yalmaha - 29500 - The Stiletto

Funcom has said that most new items are being made with Shadowlands in mind. Not that I agree with it, but maybe we can believe them for once.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

please FC for the love of god, just lower the damn VA req. I did not waste 200+ mil and my RL time and money ($20 NW) for something I cannot even use, only a couple professions can, that is BS and you know it.....FIX IT...if not I will have to cancel my account because I am tired of this as well, though I'm sure you could care less if anyone cancels their account at this point, you sold your patch as a marketing ploy to bring in new customers, so you are getting your money without regard to what you do to your "old" loyal customers

Originally posted by eaze

No they haven't.

It's stupid, as soon as someone sees an items they dont think they can use they go OH THATS FOR SHADOWLANDS.

May I remind you of Refined imps?

Items in game, are meant for the game at the time being. The fact that you cannot use them, is intended. Stop posting retarded ****.

Um... okay., So we are then just supposed to IGNORE that fc HAS SAID, that this is the case? and that most new things are being created with the new skill budgets shadowlands will encompass? I mean, I know FC are a bunch of stinking liars and all, but, in this instandce, I believe them. Because only they would do something that stupid.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

who gives a F*** about a game god knows how far off...I am playing in the present, and at the present time this game is getting worse, do not add items and such for future "patches" give us crap we can use now, or whats the freakin point of even adding it to the game? I mean come on, I really really wanna waste 200mil and hours upon hours of time for something I may be able to use a year down the road, woohoo sounds like a plan......Id love to see CZ respond to this crap FC is churning out

Lower the damn requirements on the new Yalmahas, yes that includes the adaga types but ESPECIALLY the stilletto.

Whats the use when you cant even equip it at level 200 except for 2-3 professions ?

Even when including gimping yourself BIGtime by 3 va implants, towers, org advantages ?

This issiue has been brought up before at another time, ignored, I just hope it won't be again.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

I think Stiletto is what it should be. At last there is something which is really special and really rare in this game. Only very high lvl certain professions can use it (if they sacrifice for the looks) which blocks ebayers, low lvl alts etc. filling the world with them and killing its speciality.

Besides its not anything that gives me an unfair advantage or brilliant stats, its nothing essential. Its luxury. I cant see why all should be able to use something that has that kinda value.
    Last edited by Sware; Dec 11th, 2002 at 15:49:39.
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Originally posted by Gwynevere
    please FC for the love of god, just lower the damn VA req. I did not waste 200+ mil and my RL time and money ($20 NW) for something I cannot even use, only a couple professions can, that is BS and you know it.....FIX IT...if not I will have to cancel my account because I am tired of this as well, though I'm sure you could care less if anyone cancels their account at this point, you sold your patch as a marketing ploy to bring in new customers, so you are getting your money without regard to what you do to your "old" loyal customers
    I am truly sorry for what happened :/ But have you really spent "200m" for a stuff without knowing its requirements? There is a database for that :/
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

oh funcom just gave your steleto some loving.. now you can wear a hat.. or well aviation goggles that add like +15 or something to your vehcial sore I mean score .. I guess they are trying to help make sure all professions could use this... . at least by level 200 with ql 220 implants

Originally posted by Courtney
    oh funcom just gave your steleto some loving.. now you can wear a hat.. or well aviation goggles that add like +15 or something to your vehcial sore I mean score .. I guess they are trying to help make sure all professions could use this... . at least by level 200 with ql 220 implants
    Knightwulf, a level 170 (he might be 171 now, but he titlecapped VA at 170) can use his Stiletto once he gets those aviator glasses from 14.7.5.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by Courtney
    It's not enough, at 200 with 4/level full 200 implants, EAS glasses (+15 ones) and +3 for general stat buffs, you will cap your VA at 878. With boots of the Azure Reeves you get to 898. With 220 implants you could almost do it, but 220 clusters really aren't in the game in any way you could use them, and if they were, you still couldn't get a 220 head in, but the eye and ear would get you to 914 with Azure Reeves boots, if you could squeeze a 220 head in you would hit 918.

Again, stupid reqs on something that is in game now, all I can say is fix it, and if you don't want to adjust the stellito's reqs, just make normal black paint for an agada. That way lion can still look cool and reference his Stellito when people ask him, "Hey, is that a black agada?"

Originally posted by Lion Strimple
    I think Stiletto is what it should be. At last there is something which is really special and really rare in this game. Only very high lvl certain professions can use it (if they sacrifice for the looks) which blocks ebayers, low lvl alts etc. filling the world with them and killing its speciality.

Besides its not anything that gives me an unfair advantage or brilliant stats, its nothing essential. Its luxury. I cant see why all should be able to use something that has that kinda value.
    Spoken truly as a 'have' to the masses of 'have nots'...

I've been working with Cz for over a month to try and get the reqs on this lowered... I still don't know if it will happen or not.

Yes, I can use my Stiletto now at level 171... IF I sacrifice my guild's advantages for a selfish and personal want, without the Experienced Aviator Sunglasses... ...and without gimping myself (Nothing important to a Fixer goes in the Vehicle Air cluster slots..).. But that is a QL160. A QL200, with it's 1150 Vehicle Air requirements is unobtainable by anyone...

...and yes Sware.. You got your Stiletto and can use it first... But I can say I actually worked for/earned mine.
    Last edited by Knightwulf; Dec 11th, 2002 at 23:46:34.
    I hold no ties to any faction.

I am Clan, only because it suits my purposes. I will not fight your war for you, as it is not my war. Unless it benefits me.
    I am not Omni, as I am not a sheep. I have individual thoughts and feelings and I do not take orders well.
    I am not Neutral as I believe in taking any advantage offered to me.

I go where the winds take me. I believe in absolute freedom. I sell to the highest bidder, no matter their affiliation.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

Originally posted by Ityn

It's not enough, at 200 with 4/level full 200 implants, EAS glasses (+15 ones) and +3 for general stat buffs, you will cap your VA at 878. With boots of the Azure Reeves you get to 898. With 220 implants you could almost do it, but 220 clusters really aren't in the game in any way you could use them, and if they were, you still couldn't get a 220 head in, but the eye and ear would get you to 914 with Azure Reeves boots, if you could squeeze a 220 head in you would hit 918.

Again, stupid reqs on something that is in game now, all I can say is fix it, and if you don't want to adjust the stellito's reqs, just make normal black paint for an agada. That way lion can still look cool and reference his Stellito when people ask him, "Hey, is that a black agada?"
    Refs are insignificant, looks or not. You totally miss the idea behind the Stiletto I fear.

PS: Knight, what have you done to "deserve" using a Stiletto more then I ? Collecting stones and shift right clicking them? I assure you I worked way much harder to acquire the stuff I traded for it. Make some sense next time. I am not a builder. I have other priorities...
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

somone in another post mentioned that you only could wear your stiletto if you had a certain amount credits. Let's say you HAVE to have 50M credits to be able to fly it, or maybe 100M... The stiletto is a status symbol like a limo...

But if you put credit requirement you must lower the vehicle air with 300 points or so...

Originally posted by Lion Strimple

Refs are insignificant, looks or not. You totally miss the idea behind the Stiletto I fear.

No I get it just fine, but the status symbol shouldn't be class dependent, title dependent maybe, level reqs? level 200? Sure, I'm fine with that. Why should only a thief, a hill-billy or a trader be able to use this at level 170+ when no other class can use it at 200, unless they gimp the hell out of their guild.

If they were going to make it class dependent they should have made it trader only and cut you out of the loop. At least traders have a RP reason to have it, where fixers do not.

The Stiletto was intended as a credit sink, right? A way to take massive amounts (100M plus) out of the economy in one fell swoop?

Won't it be much more efficient at doing this if more people could actually use the thing without serious IP pain and thus had a reason to buy the thing?!

Let's extend this argument (and take a leaf from Neocron's book while we're at it).

Thw kit price for a ql 160 Stiletto is, I believe, currently in the region of 130 million credits.

Let's add the Stiletto itself in as a buyable item, but make it fantastically expensive. Say 250 million creds kind of fantastically expensive. So you can either buy the kit and do it yourself (saving a load of money) or buy it premade and effectively pay 120 million for someone else to do it for you...

Reasonable?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123