Thread: The new tower bases are to easy to destroy!

The new tower bases are to easy to destroy!

The tower range is 40meters which is equal to the capped pvp range of a player. Thats worse! Increase the tower range to 60-80 meters. Atm it is to easy to attack towers at the max range. You stay at 40 meters range and begin a range attack. And only 1 tower can reach you! Thats worse! Cause it is to easy to destroy towers when only 1 tower is in range to attack you all the time if you are not a enforcer, ma or melee adv

No player should be able to shot at the same range a tower with a huge gun can shot!

And the next thing is. We begin our attacks at one side of the base, stay at max range so only 1 tower can attack us but we are able to attack the tower too. Doesn't matter which base setup you have, only 1 tower can attack you cause the towers have to less range! Then we destroy the tower and move to the next tower. We don't need to kill many towers. Begin at one side and destroy all towers between you and the controler and then attack the controler.

This is to easy Funcom! Most time we destroyed bases 80% of the base towers were still intact and not destroyed. Take out 3-4 towers at max range and then go to the controler.

My suggestions are: Increase the tower range and increase the shield effect which each tower gives the controller by a very big amount.

You shouldn't be able to destroy the controller if 80% of the base is still intact!

Some guards would be nice too. Not human guards but some bots which guarding the bases but I think this is to hard to implement
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

hehe try taking out fully fanctional lvl 200+ base in 4 hours you will see how "easy" to destroy base.

Ah also towers shouldnt be there to kill they should be there to help and people are the one that kill.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Well, a 150 is entirely too easy. If you mass your forces, then initiate combat, it'll be down before more then 2-3 people can show up to defend. Think it took like 5 mins or so to destroy the last one I was at. That's a tad too fast imo.

I think I'd have to agree here, towers are waaay to easy to kill. Without the human defenders the towers are a pushover, a walk in the park, a stroll down the lane, a ride in the hay.

I responded to a base being attacked, a ql 200 base that was bloody huuuge, and by the time we got there, and got organized it was half gone. All that work and *poof* it was pretty much wiped out.

Increaseing the tower range to 60 would definately help I think, cause it's waaay to easy to pick off the towers one by one.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Game engine prevents range longer than 40 meters AFAIK, its a hard cap.
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Boost the evades, hitpoints, and damage over towers from ql 1 to ql 200, leave the 201+ towers alone
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Smile My thoughts ...

I agree that range should be adjusted upwards for towers. A player that has the same shooting range as a tower can take down a base one tower at a time without worrying about getting shot at by more than one tower.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Originally posted by Zylina
    Well, a 150 is entirely too easy. If you mass your forces, then initiate combat, it'll be down before more then 2-3 people can show up to defend. Think it took like 5 mins or so to destroy the last one I was at. That's a tad too fast imo.
    Can that be because those attacking are lvl 180-200 maybe?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

OMG, this is too hilarious. Anyone who plays a RTS knows how stupid it was to cap tower ranges at 40m. No risk at all to attackers, shoot, move back heal, rinse and repeat.

BTW do towers have to be a certain distance from each other? ROFL, no overlapping defensive fire either!

Here's a favorite FC tactic so why not use it? SUMMON players to the tower. Then there would be some great fun.
    Autocratt Atrox Bureaucrat 200
    Current PvP Armor Setup
    Seraphfirst Nanomage MP 175 Current Fire Reflect Armor Setup (67%)

Suggestions for Revising the Bureaucrat Profession
    1) Charming our own Droids
    2) A fear, and area snare as good as the enforcer's and fixer's
    3) New super short mez nanos and mez nano init changes for PvP
    4) The nuke changes
    5) Highly increased range on speech nanos

Originally posted by Morphex
    Game engine prevents range longer than 40 meters AFAIK, its a hard cap.
    Actually that is not quite true. The cap is between 40-80 meters depending on where you stand. They just picked 40 meters because that is the maximum range that you can get everywhere.

Also, I'm not sure but the limit might only apply to mob's AI. I believe that the problem was that it was possible to shoot a mob but it couldn't find you.

Not sure about that one, but it is definatly possible to increase the range right now, it's just that depending on where the tower is placed, it still might not be able to shoot more than 40m. However, that seems perfectly acceptable in this case.

hehe

Beware what you wish for cookie
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Originally posted by Crin

Also, I'm not sure but the limit might only apply to mob's AI. I believe that the problem was that it was possible to shoot a mob but it couldn't find you.
    Crin's got it right. Mob (and therefore tower) AI is based on 40x40 grids. Therefore, at best a mob can see 80 meters, at worst 40. Even if the range increased, there'd be exploitable areas where the tower wouldn't see the player to hit him.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I like the idea of the summoning towers.

I think that we could have a gadget that can be built by engineers only (since engys are the "warpers") that immediately warps you to the org tower.

This will assure an inflow or defenders so an attack will have to be carefully planned out. Allies will still have to be either warped in or walk in via the conventional means.

Uhm... why, when you can just grid to your tower?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I haven't had the experience of bases being easy to destroy, if they are unguarded sure, but if they are guarded well by players its very hard.

If FC makes the towers too uber dmg wise on their own, it could unbalance / make impossible an attack on towers well-guarded by players (something that is already hard to begin with).

I think its actually a good design that towers are stronger in HP and buffs, and weaker in DMG/Range. It means that we the players make most of the strategy. (even tho Mr. Lag seems to get the last say).
    Stylezpierre - 208 Adv. Eqp

Originally posted by Meebo
    I haven't had the experience of bases being easy to destroy, if they are unguarded sure, but if they are guarded well by players its very hard.

If FC makes the towers too uber dmg wise on their own, it could unbalance / make impossible an attack on towers well-guarded by players (something that is already hard to begin with).

I think its actually a good design that towers are stronger in HP and buffs, and weaker in DMG/Range. It means that we the players make most of the strategy. (even tho Mr. Lag seems to get the last say).
    The thing is that towers under ql 201 are too easy, and over 201 are too hard. Kind of like mobs.

That's the key. The towers are mobs, that have more hitpoints but do pathetic damage. But just like a level 250 mob is totally of scale in terms of difficulty compared to a level 200 mob, while a level 200 mob isn't really all that much tougher than a level 150 mob - a l evel 250 tower is much, much stronger than a level 200 tower, while level 150 towers are very, very weak indeed. Trivial, for the level 200 players who can attack them.

Heck, I'm a level 167 MA doctor... and if there aren't any players attacking me, I could probably solo a level 150 base in the 6 hours that it's vulnerable.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Think of it this way...

Players spend millions of creds building what we think is an UBER base, only to see it destroyed easier than a single NPC, i.e. GRH, Ian Warr. So this means 4 NPC's are harder to kill than 50 Towers, logic is out the door on that one. I am not counting HP vs HP, I am counting time,effort, and number of players involved,dmg from NPC. I don't feel it is logical argument to say, "Well the defenders of the base are the true defense" ,because attacks can take place at any time including when only 5 Defenders are available(online). Shouldn't there be some mechanics that make this a tad harder on the attackers? Range on towers would definately help. After all is said and done, it now costs players immense ammounts of creds to work out the flaws of this sytem. Ideas might include:
    1)Evades on towers like similar lvl NPC's
    2)Dmg from towers like similar lvl NPC's
    3)Range on Towers greater than that of players
    4)Rule being that towers can only be attacked if x number of defenders are online (kinda cheesy)
    5) Controller can only be attacked after 100% of towers are dstroyed

Originally posted by Edvieira
    I like the idea of the summoning towers.

I think that we could have a gadget that can be built by engineers only (since engys are the "warpers") that immediately warps you to the org tower.

This will assure an inflow or defenders so an attack will have to be carefully planned out. Allies will still have to be either warped in or walk in via the conventional means.
    My summoning idea was for towers to summon ATTACKERS to them like mob bosses do. This could prevent attackers fleeing the zone, hiding in areas where they can shoot but the tower cannot return fire, etc. I mean, geez the poor tower cannot move so summoning is the only way for them to not be so predictable.

P.S. Another idea - cloaked towers MUWAHAHAHHHAHA.
    Autocratt Atrox Bureaucrat 200
    Current PvP Armor Setup
    Seraphfirst Nanomage MP 175 Current Fire Reflect Armor Setup (67%)

Suggestions for Revising the Bureaucrat Profession
    1) Charming our own Droids
    2) A fear, and area snare as good as the enforcer's and fixer's
    3) New super short mez nanos and mez nano init changes for PvP
    4) The nuke changes
    5) Highly increased range on speech nanos

Re: Think of it this way...

Originally posted by Atredivum

1)Evades on towers like similar lvl NPC's
    Towers can dodge shots????????? As far as I know, it isn't that hard to hit a huge, static object.
    But it makes sense in the mathematical game mechanics, since high evades dont allow players to crit often.