Thread: Contract work

Contract work

Well, I don't own Notum Wars yet so I'm not exactly sure what all is involved as far as attacking/defending/owning towers, but heres an idea from outta the blue. Implement a way to contract the defense of a tower to another guild. In exchange, a regular salary could be paid to the defending guild with bonuses/commissions paid for sucessfully repelling attacks. Of course almost any variation on the method of compensation would work as well. In addition to the salary, all, or a fraction of, the buffs and bonuses afforded by tower ownership would be bestowed on the "officially" contracted defending guild. However, with every up there is a down, therefore there must be some penalty in store for the defending guild if it defaults on a contract somehow (intentionally losing the tower) or if it ends up losing the said tower/land to an aggressor. The ingame penalty should be somehow scaled to the magnitude of the defeat though, and as such preventing smaller, less powerful guilds from taking on contracts too outta their league.
    As I said, I don't own NW soooo, I might be outta touch with all the changes, but...I kinda wanna see the rise of mercenary guilds, might make things a bit more interesting

My two cents,
    Cheers
    If you let them f*** you
    There will be no foreplay,
    Rest assured, they'll screw you complete
    'Til your a** is blue and grey

-Incubus

Ikagawa: First MA to be dropped by a QB wielding NT. I hate you Fallenhex! Veteran, Opposing Force
    Arienne, Former Squad Commander of the Dominatrix Society of Tir, Atlantean
    Stretdoc, Rimor

Shoot, what I'd like to do is to hire some of the off-duty elite guards from Omni HQ.

A number of people have brought up this topic of getting help defending towers (alliances, etc), and I think its a useful one. Without it, a number of the larger guilds are going to end up owning most of the real-estate. If that happens, then NW is going to end up being the private playground of a handful of guilds. Not especially interesting.

Smaller guilds are one group that's going to have that problem in spades, but so are profession-specific guilds. I've already heard people talk about leaving their guild because its is unsuitable for NW participation. Left as the open field it currently is, NW is going to cause a major restructuring among guilds. And not necessarily for the better either.