Thread: Defending towers new pvp requirments

Defending towers new pvp requirments

If your level 200 and you build a ql 150 tower how are you supposed to defend it against level 140ish people. with the new pvp rules you can't. This is royal bs that you can not defend a tower you put up.

Don't put up towers you can't defend. It's that simple

You missed the point Cold, he can't attack lowbies.

Wefix, I think that _was_ Colds point
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Have you been to Tower battles? On RK2, when a clan base is under attack or an OT base is being attacked, there is a huge rally to gather everyone possible to join in.

Last battle I was in, involved about 60 people of all level ranges, so everyone was pretty much equally at risk of attack as the next person. This is one thing I love about NW so far, OT and Clan are rallying into huge sides to fight over land, helping each other out regardless wether you belong to the defending clan/dept or not. This is the war everyone wanted AO to be, and I personally am loving it to bits so far.

Being attacked by under 150's you cant touch? Give a shout on OOC chat or wherever most people gather and you will be surprised how many people will stop what they are doing to help you out, regardless of their level. Don't believe me? Last time I saw this happen was in the middle of a Tara raid, the host's base was being attacked and everyone stopped what they were doing to go help him defend his base. Now that was something. :p
    Ailina: NT161 - Account Suspended
    Fashion Victim Extraordinaire

Ppl leaving Tara midfight to help someones guild defend their towers is imo an inccident of originality that NW is atm. As soon as ppl get used to towers getting attacked, I dont think you would get the same reply from Tara campers. Do you?
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Re: Defending towers new pvp requirments

Originally posted by Darkronin
    If your level 200 and you build a ql 150 tower how are you supposed to defend it against level 140ish people. with the new pvp rules you can't. This is royal bs that you can not defend a tower you put up.
    I think that Defending towers at all levels is difficult. Sure, the 150 level towers add a significant difficulty with the 150 PvP border.

Now, taking the Title of this Thread to the next level:

Overall, as an org leader, I am wondering what is most fun for my Org. Is it fun to take land, build towers, and then be chained to that parcel for 6 hours every day? Isn't it almost a relief when someone blows it to hell? At least you won't have to defend it tomorrow, lol.

The only way to defend these towers, it seems, is to have people dedicated to protecting them. Sentries, if you will, that will sound the alarm before the attackers make too much headway. Being a Sentry isn't fun. As a leader, trying to Organize people into a Sentry crew isn't fun. People don't want to do it. Also, people don't want to follow 'orders' and be organized as a defense force. They don't want to drill, they don't want to practice. So, Bases get destroyed.

So, I have a choice as an org leader. I'm leaning towards not trying to build and keep bases. We all know that FC will tweak the balance between Attacking and Defending Bases. Until the time comes that Bases are less tedious to maintain, it is doubtful my org will have a bunch of bases. Heck, we may not be bothered to have any!

So, I disagree that Defending Towers is a new PvP requirement. It is a choice. However, if everyone takes my view, very few bases would be built, and the fun of attacking would also go away. I predict it won't be long before this actually starts to happen: when the novelty of Base building wears off. Then FC will have to do something. FC will have to make it more fun and attractive for people to build bases (so people can destroy them!--which, so far, is the REAL fun of NW).

In the meantime:BEWARE OMNI SCUM! If you have a base, we will destroy it! And, you can't get revenge on us, cause we don't have a base for you to destroy. MUHAMUHAMUHAHAHAHAHA

Our base was attacked and destroyed yesterday.

The first times we got the call, and responded there were no one there. We figured a flyby or accidently shooting.

A group of friends showed up to help defend, but since the attacker(s) had left they did as well. Shortly after we got a new call of the base being attacked. I was first to arrive and I see them. 3 OT's bashing away on one of the towers. I tab and get grey, grey, grey. I try to attack, and get that they are outside of my PvP range. I call for help, getting some respons that are in their range. Before the help arrives, the towers manages to kill one of the attacker. The new defender from another guild kills the other two and more shows up to help defend. but the threat is over. We talk for a bit and then people head back to what they were doing. I go to investigate the perimiter and see a large gathering on the opposite side. I yell on guild channel and tell them to spread the word. I starts to tab, grey, grey, grey, green. Cool I start to fight. PvP regulations prevents me from fighting a green!!!. I tab some more. grey, grey, grey, orange. I go to fight. 3 shots later I am dead.

I figure. WTF.. I got GA MKIV. and 3 shots kill me. I ress. buff up, and head back in. wham dead!!. This happens 5 times for me, then the controller is gone and the base is no more.

All I could do when I got to the base was trying to take out the OT's that was to high to take out the base, rather then taking out those that were whacking on the base. To me... this is fubar.

That base belonged to us. We made it lvl 100 as we thought more in our guild would be able to defend against it.

I asked an ARK prior to getting NW about the ability to defend the base even if the attackers were grey to us.

She had to ask some GM's (I think) and the answer was YES. I woudl be able to fight those. I guess she got the wrong answer from whoever she spoke to.

This is so wrong. it is like if I drive a Ferarri I am not allowed to drive on the same street as people who drive a Beetle or something, coz my car can go so much faster then theirs.

Or preventing them from using the freeway, coz their cars arent' fast enough. (I know. sucky comparission but hey)

We built that base. we spend cash to get the ability to build that base. and we were unable to defend it, coz the attackers were to low for me and others to fight??

If you attack a base you should be prepeared to pay the price, which means that highlevel base owners would kill you in a shorter time it woudl take for you to say NERF!!

FC. make it so that the owners of the towers can fight any attacker. No matter if the tower is ql10 and the attackers are lvl 10 and the owners of the towers are lvl 200. Open the defence capabilities fo the bases that much atleast
    General Thoram of the Twin Sun Syndicate

I know it sucks, but unless they completely abolish the present PvP rules, orgs will have to unfortunately deal with situations where the primary members can't defend their lower level towers. If you can have all members of an org defend a tower regardless of their level, then such orgs will NEVER lose their towers say 75 and under. If they can field lvl 200 defenders, and the attackers can only field 90s or so to attack the towers, who's gonna win?

Sure you can have the attacking teams have level 200 attackers to sortie on the lvl 200 defenders, but defenders would have an easier time just targetting all the greenies or greys attacking towers. By the time a high enough attacker takes out the defender, its likely that defender has wiped a few of the lowbie tower attackers.