Thread: Organization Advantages Question

Question Organization Advantages Question

Quote from Gautes article Controllers: The Key to Land Ownership and Notum Benefits
    The advantages use a new, special system that gives you skill improvements based on your level as compared with a character at level 200. Let me give you an example: A QL 100 advantage "buffs" health with 1000 points at level 200. Now, this advantage will give you 500 hits on level 100 and 505 on level 101 etc, etc. Now if the advantage buffing health was QL 300, it might buff health 5000 at level 200. This means that for each level you gained while a member of the organisation with the advantage, you would receive 25 additional hit-points! One note with this, though, only one advantage will buff any given skill. You cannot, for example add a QL 105 hit-point advantage and a QL 150 hit-point advantage. In that case, only the QL 150 hit-point advantage would be in effect. You will get feedback for all of these issues in the game, so hopefully you will be able to sort all the details out there as well...
    Today we discussed the Topic of Towers and Controllers in our org and we stumbled over this part.
    Gaute makes it sound as if you only got the advantages for lvls you gained while you´re in the Controllers org (the italic part of the quote) and not for every lvl you already got. I assume it´s just a bit bad explained and means you actually do get the advantage even if you made the lvls bevore and just have to be part of the org. If that´s not the case that´d IMHO be very big bull****.
    It would basically mean the higher lvl you already are the less bonus you can get and lvl 200 chars won´t have the option of gaining any bonus at all (until shadowlands that is).
    Please someone official confirm it´s just misinterpretable and not meant the way it might sound.
    The optimism of the action is better than the pesimism of thought
    - Greenpeace UK

Midnight - Edged Weapons wielding RK3 Opifex Enforcer
    Leloona - Ambitious RK2 Doc of the Omni-Pol Elite-Gimps

Bump for official answer on this.
    - Greenpeace UK

It doesn't sound like he is saying you only get additional health when you gain a level. He is saying you would get the HP at what ever lvl you are and the HP will increase with lvl's gained. Maybe you should read it again as this may be the only clear thing gaute has ever written.

-Arsiine

Well ít´s not clear for me. Let me repeat the important part
    This means that for each level you gained while a member of the organisation with the advantage, you would receive 25 additional hit-points!
    IMHO it sounds like you only receive hit-points for levels gained while you´re in the organization. If you enter an organization at lvl 200 you didn´t gain any levels while you were in it, right? That doesn´t make any sense though which makes me assume it´s not meant that way.
    - Greenpeace UK

Midnight,

I was also confused about this part when I read it, but i could not believe that you would only get points while in the org.

As it turns out, you get points for your level, without regard to how long you have been in the org, as most of us assumed had to be the case.