Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This isn't playable

Mass PvP + roots + blinds = no fun

I am sure a lot of people here have high spec PCs ie: Geforce 4 and Radeon graphics cards, and good CPUs that can handle any other game around.

So why are Funcom giving us a product where we can spend a good portion of our time not moving, looking at a black screen and then trying to log back on

I have to admit - the PvP battles that did move were a lot of fun and when I finally came back from a LD and the map around our Deep Artery Valley base was orange with clanners, well I just hit run and hoped I could get through the masses - and since I had saved in Broken Server... I mean Shores, dying would have meant another 5 minute wait
    Jenae "Beti" Baptist

Originally posted by Noer
    Of course you can also see Habibus being blinded and nuked while he has 25seconds left on grace. This was reported plenty of times during beta as a problem and should have been solved.

And yes, crowd-control is needed if this is gonna go anywhere but the trashcan.
    Noer,

You should know by now that funcoms idea of beta testing is to create a to do list of things to fix after they release a broken product, has been that way since day one. After all what other enhancements could they come out with if they fixed the bugs in beta.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

There is only one thing worse than the lag that all this (since 14.6) has caused. The total lack of response from FC. I can't really blame CZ as I am sure he is under strict orders not to comment on this issue. That is the only possibility considering that there have been THOUSANDS of posts since 14.6 regarding the lag. And only one response a couple weeks ago from CZ, and that one came only after threatening to call his mother ugly names .

This game was designed specifically for large PvP. This game is known as an MMORPG. The very nature of this game means that large numbers of players will be together in somewhat small areas quite often. Why then, taking this all into consideration, do they continue to make certain advancements to the game, when they should be concentrating on the playability factor?

The outright ignoring of their customer base on an issue of this importance is totally unnaceptable, and if this were any other type of business, they would have been out of business long before they could have even conceived of NW.

What depresses me the most is that we all realize the potential of this game. And the possibility of reaching that potential is nill as long as there are fundamental core problems that consistantly plague the game.

I hope that there is a way to fix the lag. A way that does not include crowd control, which should be named fun control as it removes the ability to do what this game was designed for.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Originally posted by Wiped
    There is only one thing worse than the lag that all this (since 14.6) has caused. The total lack of response from FC. I can't really blame CZ as I am sure he is under strict orders not to comment on this issue. That is the only possibility considering that there have been THOUSANDS of posts since 14.6 regarding the lag. And only one response a couple weeks ago from CZ, and that one came only after threatening to call his mother ugly names .

This game was designed specifically for large PvP. This game is known as an MMORPG. The very nature of this game means that large numbers of players will be together in somewhat small areas quite often. Why then, taking this all into consideration, do they continue to make certain advancements to the game, when they should be concentrating on the playability factor?

The outright ignoring of their customer base on an issue of this importance is totally unnaceptable, and if this were any other type of business, they would have been out of business long before they could have even conceived of NW.

What depresses me the most is that we all realize the potential of this game. And the possibility of reaching that potential is nill as long as there are fundamental core problems that consistantly plague the game.

I hope that there is a way to fix the lag. A way that does not include crowd control, which should be named fun control as it removes the ability to do what this game was designed for.
    Very well said! Absolutely 100% agree with you!

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Can make it so it's org vs org only, but then the big orgs will win every time.
    Seems to me that the bigger org's will always have the advantage, but maybe that is the math side of me speaking. On the other hand, I expect this game to quickly become playable by only guilds numbering 20 or less, as anything over 40 is just to 'unfair'..

So be it. Unfair it is, if you consider massing a larger army to be unfair. The US is unfair. Germany in the second world war was unfair..

As to the central point though, lag sucks. Members of large guilds don't like it any better than the members of small guilds. If the general belief is that "since lag causes the loss of ability to use tactics, then large guilds are inept at using tactics", then your logic is seriously at fault. Have another look at the statement, and if anyone would like a Logic 101 breakdown on where the logical fallacy exists, i can provide it for you - assuming i have the time to cater to stupidity.

I am sure Storm mebers are just as eager to use their tactics on enemies as enemies are eager to use them on Storm. In fact, i am still fairly confident that larger numbers will have a better chance of wining in a no-lag situation as well. All other factors being equal of course. We call it math, here in Canada

But yes i agree. Bump for Lag control. On the other hand 'side-control'? What kind of crack are we smoking? If that ever went through we'd have to form guilds of 100% lvl 200 memebers. Hey wait a minute! That's almost what you have isn't it Azz? All super high level members? Wouldn't you be pleased if that little rule went through. Yeah, I bet you would..

Lag sucks. Bump.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

well noer MIGHT be right but last night i experienced the uglyness of crowd controll it was like we were attacking a base they got us out of there and then we wanted to attack back but UHHH OHHH NOOO we COULDNT!!!! because that MOFO crow controll kicked us out of the place so they could just stand there was we could only watch them or leave the place.. thats what you want??? a guild just fills the place with ppl whne they attack and the defenders cant get into the base to defend only watch as thier base die.
    =:Main Char:=

Kazax Meta-Physicist (Saint) Rk2

=:Alternative Chars:=

Ugtar Enforcer (Union Man) Rk2

Kazzax Enforcer (Worker) Rk1 (Retired)

Kickn1337 Martial Artist (Master 5th Dan) Rk2

Der finder kun 10 slags mennesker dem som forstår binær og dem som ikke gør!!!

I can assure you we were just as frustrated from not being able to fight as you were. I don't care if I die 100 times, which I have shown to those of you who I have chased into the warzone, its all about the fun.

I don't know what Funcom has to do to make it perfect, but can you imagine full battles, no lag, full gfx settings. My god AO would be amazing. I just wish when you guys were raiding, I didn't crash three times getting into the grid, then die while trying to run out of the lag.

But in the same token I have been in some huge battles with hardly any lag at low gfx settings, its really strange. I would hate to see the limiting hit too hard though. When the big battles don't lag out I have so much fun seeing all the omni's that I want to kill from the boards

Both EQ and DAoC are now succeeding in having raids / PvP with 100+ people around. The textures and everything may not be that good on both of them, but still I believe that the AO 3D engine is just deficient.

Nothing much to solve the problem but programing a new one.
    I don't see that happen.

MMORPG ? Nope.
    Just make it ORPG.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Raid on DAoC with 100+ were not really pretty sight either :P Yes they did run if you could call that more smoothly. If you dont mind the super nintendo graphics :P

Not just with big wars

Howdy,

Saw Brutal Truuth post that she will go back to missions and camping, well got bad news for you -> Lag is everywhere after 14.7 and even more after NW.
    When in missions, your fight will freeze up a lot, and not for 2 seconds, no, for 1 to 4 minutes. somtimes yu get booted sometimes the fight goes one, doctors chainheal and pray noone dies.
    It sux.

Actually bought Neocron, coz AO is just not playable anymore.
    To be honest AO is more fun then Neocron, but if you can't play it properly, where is the fun?!!
    Funcom please fix this, you already have a tough road ahead of you when SWG gets in the shops, make sure AO is so freaking awsome and lagfree that people stay, coz AO rox.

Greetz,

Gridsurfz, lvl 147 atrox fixer, atlantean

For your information.

Not sure if it will help but:

I played the Notum Wars beta and during that time I was in alot of big fights.

I didnt lag at all in 1024x768 with maximum graphic and window mode with 40-50 players around you.

EDIT: I have played DAoC to and it didnt lag much with 100-150 people for me. 1600x1200 (maximum details)

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
    - Homer J Simpson

Homer: Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then
    I can continue killing you with beer.
    Homer's Brain: It's a deal!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123