Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This isn't playable

Thumbs down This isn't playable

Not much more needed to say really. On the current shape of the game, the Towerwars with more than 20 people on each side lags so much that you have to run out of view of people to actually get the damage scrolling. Dunno how many times I had to run 400ticks on map to get the debuffs, roots, nukes and shots landing on me in fastforward.

Where is the announced crowd-control in zones Funcom? Disabled it all of a sudden? People need a lot of luck getting anywhere to clear their lag since you will be nonstop aoe-rooted and aoe-snared. And with the lag good luck removing them. Aaaand as a bonus on that you can just aswell turn your monitor off, you are going to be nonstop blinded anyway.

Smaller wars are great fun. But when Storm rolls its Lemming-train over a base there is seriously not much people can do. Impossible to grid to the base because they go LD when spawning in the base with 100+ people there. They get attacked in grace because of the insane lag causing huge sync-problems and not to forget that those going LD can just aswell forget getting back in.

That isn't fun. Storm can win a battle by just placing their guild around the controller in a base. That will ensure that everyone goes LD trying to grid there. I dunno if Storm find it fun, or any other playing it. I don't.

If anyone wonder about the special enhanced graphics in Notum Wars I have a screenshot of it here you can watch: http://www.tpg.dk/images/nw.jpg
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

I agree 110% with you Noer . The lag at that battle just now was tremendous ... 3 minutes after a fixer died i got rooted by him ... not fun , Another 3 minutes and my heal finaly cast. Lag was definatly insane.

FC : if you want huge PvP wars like you are promoteing then you realy need to fix the lag. As it stands it doesnt matter how good a PvPer you are , it only matters if you have the numbers to make lagcity. It was my first time laying seige to a tower and im not impressed at all . I think i will just go back to missions or camping uniques. Realy realy think about fixxing the lag . (limiting people getting into a zone isnt an option either)

Re: This isn't playable

Originally posted by Noer
    If anyone wonder about the special enhanced graphics in Notum Wars I have a screenshot of it here you can watch: http://www.tpg.dk/images/nw.jpg
    Bahaha...very nice

Seriously though, where is our crowd control system that was so talked about? We need it now....please?
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

*bumps into a wall blind, deprived, snared, rooted, and init debuffed trying to read post*
    Probably Untitled "Tantrum"
    Proud Member of Whatever

Of course you can also see Habibus being blinded and nuked while he has 25seconds left on grace. This was reported plenty of times during beta as a problem and should have been solved.

And yes, crowd-control is needed if this is gonna go anywhere but the trashcan.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

We tried Storms base today.

Massed up about 50-60 omnis and charged, as we came over the hill and saw the Storm members in wait for us it happend.....LAG, half the team LDs, everyone else cant move.

welcome to NW everyone, hit Q and pray.
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.

Isn't Storm's Battle Cry "Victory Through Lag!!"?
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Now now vergil , play nice. It sint Storms fault that the servers Lag herndously when more then 10 people are in the same area. Notun wars is a joke though because of it. FC you realy need to address this if you want people to build towers and pvp ( money sinks) While i liek the towers and the advantages it gives ... im not gonna spend 10 minutes wondering if i got my Dot's off or if I healed my team memebers only to die from dmg that i didnt see coming.

Talking yes, cheap shot :)

yes it was a cheap shot lol

and meant to be humorous.

Any large number org will run into similar problems
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Here are the latest news coming from the big fight in EFP arround the Renaissance base :

"Server lost..."

Regards,
    Jannerik

Originally posted by Jannerik
    Here are the latest news coming from the big fight in EFP arround the Renaissance base :

"Server lost..."

Regards,
    Jannerik

Deja Vu

Same thing happened at the fight in DAV at Legions towers
    Muencha 213 soldier The phats

I doubt we all pack the server to make everyone go LD to win fights

There has to be a solution to mega lag. Mega lag is not fun. You cant really get angry at a guild cause they have more members that want to participate, or members from many guilds who want to attack another guild.

FC need to do something about lag - But somewhere along the line (crowd control system) they were talking about textures and hardware lag. It's not hardware lag. It's not *our* network lag - It's YOUR (funcom) servers.

okthxbye.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by Kinkstaah
    I doubt we all pack the server to make everyone go LD to win fights

There has to be a solution to mega lag. Mega lag is not fun. You cant really get angry at a guild cause they have more members that want to participate, or members from many guilds who want to attack another guild.

FC need to do something about lag - But somewhere along the line (crowd control system) they were talking about textures and hardware lag. It's not hardware lag. It's not *our* network lag - It's YOUR (funcom) servers.

okthxbye.
    I don't think anyone is mad at an guild here. Its a simple statement of the situation currently. Unplayable.

"Lemming-Train"?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by Kinkstaah
    "Lemming-Train"?
    more to picture how it looked :P

I can only say as I said before Camelot became a laghole. You might wanna consider letting some of your friends stay at home. Getting everything that can crawl isn't exactly making it fun.

Same thing just happend in EFP. Too many people fighting near the controll tower makes it impossible to grid in and you go LD. And hey, noer wrote this after crashing and lagging over and over in the DAV fight so ignore that touch of "lemming-train by storm" - i'm sure it's doesnt have the meaning like it seems when you are member of Storm. Simply unplayable currently.

Regards,
    Jannerik

Yup. The lag pretty much makes it unplayable. Run in trying to find some people, then discover 40 seconds later that you just ran through 200 people that didn't appear because of lag, and that you just soaked up about 50 times your health worth of damage, ending in a 5 minute long death sequence.

Didn't this lag start back in that conceal patch? If this lag is the price to pay to have conceal work in PvP then I'm not sure I really want it.

:(

Hmmm... Last night I was at a tower raid with, I say, about 50-75 people...maybe more... all on that one patch of land... And first I went LD "server lost"... then I log back in... 1 minute later...."server lost".... when I go back this time i'm at the reclaim terminal .... I gather my stuff, wait for rezz, then rebuff, then take another try at killin stuff... 5 minutes later "server lost"... then it keep repeating... repeating... repeating.. I went "server lost" 8 times and died 4 times before I finally gave up and logged for the night...
    My Characters!

Jamison "Thakilla5" Dartt 200 Martial Artist
    Proud Member of The Dojo
    "Swiftrush" 70 Agent

So i log in mid fight for our efp tower, grid to the battle and start fighting. I figure the lag is pretty bad, but I really realized how terrible it was when someone sends me a tell at reclaim asking if he actually hit me. I then told him that his FA sent me to reclaim. His response, "That's great, but you killed me 5 minutes ago..."

Perhaps it is time to get that crowd control system working

The lag that we are having is very much unbearable.

The Blinds/roots suck to...

well, i guess playing /chardist 0 so i have less lag, means that blinds are pointless
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast