Thread: Gas-border camping and the grace/disgrace periods.

Gas-border camping and the grace/disgrace periods.

It's sorta annoying the way that attacking forces can mass at the borders of a land control area with impunity, wait as long as they want to see if defenders will get bored and leave, then enter the area and get a first strike at the defenders due to the grace period.

My suggestion? Let people initiate combat with players who are in 75% gas from inside a controlled area using the rules for the gas level in the controlled area. Only apply this to land-control areas, like the longer grace period. And let our turrets shoot out into the 75% zone too

Simply and generally speaking there should be a way for defenders to 'do something' about people massing outside of their gas border, and the attackers shouldn't get a 'freebie' salvo at the defenders thanks to the grace time. This change will encourage attackers to try and stay inside the gas area or they will concede the first salvo to the defenders instead.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Ok, so we would then have attackers gathering 40 meters outside the 25% instead of 1 meter outside the 25%. Doesn't change a thing really.

And towers are 100% 20 hours of the day. If your guild is not prepared to pay the price of having a base (being willing to guard it 4 hours a day) then I don't see any reason to complain if it's captured by someone who is.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Ok, so we would then have attackers gathering 40 meters outside the 25% instead of 1 meter outside the 25%. Doesn't change a thing really.

And towers are 100% 20 hours of the day. If your guild is not prepared to pay the price of having a base (being willing to guard it 4 hours a day) then I don't see any reason to complain if it's captured by someone who is.
    Towers are 100% 18 hours of the day, 25% for 5 hours of the day, and 5% for 1 hour of the day.

So it actually has to be guarded for 6 hours, which is only two hours short of a shift at a full-time job.

As for their gathering 40 meters away... that's fine. The goal is to give defenders the opportunity to get first attack, and to make it more of a pain for attackers to run across the 75% line repeatedly.

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    The goal is to give defenders the opportunity to get first attack, and to make it more of a pain for attackers to run across the 75% line repeatedly.

I think there is something wrong with that statement....

Defenders = defence...waiting for attack
    Attackers = offense...initiate attack

Just wondering.............

When i heard of attacking and defending bases i thought it will be like this. A guild initiate attack on tower this whole guild enters into state of war with another guild that means that another guild can attack ther guild that attacked in any area.

Like pvp flags.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Mneuromancer

I think there is something wrong with that statement....

Defenders = defence...waiting for attack
    Attackers = offense...initiate attack

Just wondering.............
    Think of your towers like a fort.

If you were on the walls of a fort defending it, and had a rifle, would you let someone run all the way across the open ground outside your fort, and start climbing the walls, before you started shooting at them?

And if they went back down the walls and ran away, would you stop shooting until they were out of range?

That's what I mean.

Ok so your tower must be defended for 6 hours of the day? If ya didn't know that before you bought NW, too bad. If you still don't like it, delete your tower and stop complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Originally posted by Abalz
    Ok so your tower must be defended for 6 hours of the day? If ya didn't know that before you bought NW, too bad. If you still don't like it, delete your tower and stop complaining.
    Read the thread. I just want to be able to shoot the people who are hanging around the gas borders and 'teasing' us with their grace periods, but who have no intention of actually attacking - unless maybe we go away. I consider it griefing and, to an extent, exploiting.

posted by Albaz

Ownership of NW is irrelevant. Guilds can put up towers without having to purchase NW. I don't own it, but my guild still lost a mining facility this weekend.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Jynne
    Think of your towers like a fort.

If you were on the walls of a fort defending it, and had a rifle, would you let someone run all the way across the open ground outside your fort, and start climbing the walls, before you started shooting at them?

And if they went back down the walls and ran away, would you stop shooting until they were out of range?

That's what I mean.

Yeah, I'd let em run all the way up to the wall and when they were just reaching earshot, call em a ******n moron and blow thier brains out thier arse, running back out of range wouldn't be an option...but that is just me =)

edit:spelling

Originally posted by Mneuromancer

Yeah, I'd let em run all the way up to the wall and when they were just reaching earshot, call em a ******n moron and blow thier brains out thier arse, running back out of range wouldn't be an option...but that is just me =)

edit:spelling
    Yes, that would be nice if there weren't a 1-minute grace period for attackers to run up, moon us, and run back out in.