Thread: Heads up!! NW on the shelf!!

Heads up!! NW on the shelf!!

I just purchased NW at Babbages in Independence, Missouri at 3:00 P.M. 12-2-02. They had 2 left on the shelf.

Racers start your engines!! On your mark!! Set!!..............
    "This town needs an enema!" The Joker, Jack Nicholson.

" I think I'll perplex him with my slowball" Bugs Bunny

mmm im in MA ... think i can make it there in under 6 hours?

No such luck in Colorado.

Babbages has said they will get it in "tomorrow" every day since Tuesday 11/26. Maybe tomorrow will be the real tomorrow.

Hastings says they have it on order with no ETA.

Best Buy: Anarchy what? Notum Who?

Target: Nope don't have that without even a second second to pause and think or look it up. I know they didn't even check or know what I was talking about, but even though I know they we're just trying to get me off the phone I'll betcha their pulled out of their ass answer was correct.

Wal-Mart: What is that, oh a game? Yeah we have games, would you like to reserve a copy of Deer Hunter 4? It's the same thing right?

Circuit City: I like pizza.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

My experience in New Orleans..

Babbage's: "Could you spell that for me? Nodum? What?"

Target: "We have a fine selection of winter apparel!"

Best Buy: "What system is that for? PC? Have you checked the Xbox section?"

Wal-mart: "I'm sorry, but we don't carry M-Rated games. And I just don't know how that copy of TLJ (M rated, for those that may not know) got up there."

I have also told 3 clerks at various stores that they were fired.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

I'm in Houston, Tx. Does anyone know of any stores that carry it?

Shoulda drove over to Baton Rouge man,there were copies there this weekend at EB in the Mall of LA.

Thumbs down No Clue

New York City here. I went to 2 EB's and 2 Software Ect. They had no clue what Anarchy Online or Notum Wars was. When asked they said "No Scheduled Release Date".

I am in Texas too, and no luck. I had prepaid for it at one place they gave me my money back telling me sorry we are not going to get any in after all. Other than that its been a no go and trying to order online isnt working either as they are saying its on back order indefinitely.
    Lady "Jaithian" DragonsBlade

Well I'm in Texas. Had only a small snag getting 4 copies on release day.

As far as I know, only EBGames (Electronics Boutique) carried it on release day.

The thing is, without a lot of pre-orders, or extra hype. They loose money carrying the product on release day, unless they sell all the copies the same day. Reason being, overnight air shipping charges.

So all the EB's I went to were only carrying a max of 3 copies on release day, unless they had pre-orders, and would be carrying up to 5 copies during their regular truck runs.

CompUSA will stock Notum Wars, but not release day.
    Best Buy no longer stocks Anarchy Online
    GameStop's in my area no longer order PC software.

So your best bet is EB.

Also, for you slim few who know what Fry's is. They recieved Notum Wars the other day.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Unhappy

Well, called Fry's and they said they don't have it yet and don't know when/if they will get it. Tried EB but they are out too.
    /sigh
    oh well
    Xavi

For anyone in the Baltimore, and possibly DC area.

I did some calling this morning and found out that the EB's still don't have NW in stock, but the Babbage's/GameStop's/Software Etc's all seem to have gotten shipments of NW in today. I picked up a copy at the Columbia Mall in Columbia, MD. They had to go in the back and get it from the shipment which had just arrived.

Hope that helps someone
    ~Bansioux~

lol, im still waiting for Best Buy in my area to put it on the shelfs, but I don't like them because they useally only hold the Big Name coompanies.. bleh!
    -Diff-
    Veteran of Testlive
    Anarchy Online Test Community
    Getting Started on Test!
    Exploits is considered cheating, no one likes a cheater, so don't do it.

Best Buy stopped carrying AO after their initial supplies of regular (non special-edition) AO ran out. So you don't hold your breath there.

And Max... could you pick me up a copy and meet me in Gonzales? Baton Rouge is farrrr and Babbage's is saying they're not getting it in till tomorrow. Wierd thing is, they had AC2 on the shelves and I thought that wasn't coming out till the 6th? To top it off, they rearranged their store yesterday so now the PC games are in the back and the blasted PS2 games are in the front. Which sucks donkey.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Sorry man, I don't live in BR,I just happened to be there this past weekend shopping.I woulda helped you out if I did though.Plus I'm sure all the copies are gone anyway.

Did you try the EB in the Mall in Kenner?
    Last edited by Maxflier; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 23:26:28.

Re: No Clue

Originally posted by StumpJumper
    New York City here. I went to 2 EB's and 2 Software Ect. They had no clue what Anarchy Online or Notum Wars was. When asked they said "No Scheduled Release Date".
    They have a half-dozen copies on the shelf at Software Etc. on 86th and Lex.

Software Etc.
    128 E 86th Street
    New York, NY 10028
    (212) 423-1844

- Z

EB in the Paramus Park Mall in New Jersey had a bunch of copies on release day.... I just had to ask them to look through the games they'd received earlier that day.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Finally

Gamestop got about six copies in yesterday afternoon in the Dallas area - I snagged three (extra for a couple of guildies) - wish you all luck in finding some.
    Xavi

Re: Re: No Clue

Originally posted by Zorlack

They have a half-dozen copies on the shelf at Software Etc. on 86th and Lex.

Software Etc.
    128 E 86th Street
    New York, NY 10028
    (212) 423-1844

- Z
    Thanks dude... I got mine at the Software Etc. on 44th and 6th.... FINALLY!!!