Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ares Pact: CoA, Cabinet and Sentinels

((strictly, completely, utterly, pervasively, unendingly, without limitation or exclusion, OOC:

Here's some reference info that might help you in your restructuring pursuits:

Constitutional Theory

Direct Democracy and the U.S. Definition of "Republic"

General Government Terms

Just as a quick tip, don't structure the Council with two executive levels that exercise the same powers - that is asking for arguments. Also, try and split the functions between two equal levels of power so that one does not step on the toes of the other - make sure there's a clear division of labour.

/disclaimer /OOC))

My apologies, Benjacrat, for making assumptions of your conduct and intentions.

I look forward to reviewing the updated draft of the Ares Pact.

OOC:

Thank you fot the advice, I will pass it on to Fiqh, as he is the drafter. I am sure he will read this post eventually anyways. We hope to have this new Ares Pact written by this weekend. We have a meeting this weekend and it will be voted on then....

End OOC

No problem my friend. It seems that I am often misunderstood. Maybe it is my choice of words...If you have any constructive advice on public speaking I would be glad to take that as well.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Alamexis man, u just dont get it do you? In order to join Ares Pact the clans that form it had to agree to it - thus some sort of vote was undertaken.

Irrespective of that, Ares PAct is being re-written. I am not a perfect person and I do not expect my initial attempts to codify this mess of desires to be a perfect document.

To correct a number of points. Cabinet was not elected as a governing body, but as common defence unified command. Now that the times have changed and the previous issues have been added to by new happenings, Ares Pact is in need of change, and this change will occur.

On the complaints procedure. There will be an independent court. open to all to lodge claims etc in respect of CoA. It will judge on the basis of the new Pact.

New Pact will outline both the powers and duties of all organs of our new political-defencive alliance.

Hope this clears things up a bit. I am honestly tired of people jumping the gun. I find it most unprofessional and dissappointing.
    "Everything that one thinks about a lot becomes problematic" - Nietzsche
    Zorf
    Member of CAS
    Vito's Personal Atrox Punching Bag
    Holder of Pie
    Weilder of the Horrid Mauser
    Desecrator of the Temple of Three Winds
    Fiqh
    Member of CAS

Update and clarification: The Council of Ares is not a government nor does he aspire to form one. It is solely a defensive military alliance and any offensive actions taken are not taken on behalf of the CoA as neither the leaders not the cabinet have condoned any such actions.

As such, I thank you for your input and we will do our best to reform the CoA for the better. Please be patient, no structure has yet been created in only weeks and it may take more weeks to settle it down and working.

Captain Corrine 'Daimoness' Wright
    Acting Head of Foreign Affairs and Public Relations
    Mercury Dragons =CoA=
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

If all you are is an alliance and that the Aries Pact is still in the draft stage.. I would suggest you either take it down off your site, and or put up on the very top in bold lettering "DRAFT (#)"

So clans or individual clans who run accross the CoA site will understand that you still do not have any coheision between the clans now forming the CoA and its leadership...

It seems even now the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing... Not what I call a very solid alliance.

And here I was defending this draft.. pitty it was a good idea.

Fiqh, I understand you a great deal more than you wish to believe.

With reference to the question I posed to Benjacrat, to which your openly hostile remarks were directed, I note the following:

Orginally posted by Benjacrat
    It has not yet been propsed for approval.
    and:

Orginally posted by Benjacrat
    ...to answer your question, No we have not conducted a vote yet. But we also have no document to vote on. So until the document is finished and submitted there cant be a vote. But once there is a document you can be sure that we will have a nice vote on it.
    which lies in stark contrast to your statement:

Originally posted by Fiqh
    In order to join Ares Pact the clans that form it had to agree to it - thus some sort of vote was undertaken.
    You can see how I might be confused, Fiqh.

And to quote you yet again, Fiqh:

Originally posted by Fiqh
    Hope this clears things up a bit. I am honestly tired of people jumping the gun. I find it most unprofessional and dissappointing.
    Indeed. Quite unprofessional and dissapointing for someone of your position to "jump the gun" and so blatantly contradict one of your own cabinet members.

Alamexis, Fiqh wasnt contradicting me. He was stating that in order to join the CoA the guild had to agree to the originial Pact. Now that it is being rewritten they will have to agree on this one as well.

Fellow members of the CoA that are posting in this thread please stop. There are too many voices here for one side. Neither you Fiqh nor Daimoness are elected representatives of the CoA. I dont mean to be rude, but this is causing too much confusion with 3 people here speaking for the CoA.

argh, that's it!
    /flip
    "Everything that one thinks about a lot becomes problematic" - Nietzsche
    Zorf
    Member of CAS
    Vito's Personal Atrox Punching Bag
    Holder of Pie
    Weilder of the Horrid Mauser
    Desecrator of the Temple of Three Winds
    Fiqh
    Member of CAS

uh_oh

Fiqh! PLEASE read my other post here before responding!

/uh_oh pending...

lol, This was just a big misunderstanding you two. Dont get all out of sorts about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12