Thread: Calculating damage w/dual wielded weapons... how?

Calculating damage w/dual wielded weapons... how?

I'm trying to figure out how to calculate my damage with 2 weapons (Cold Lasers). Was hoping someone like Jayde could help me out on this. There has got to be some kind of method to calculate it out.
    [color=sky blue]Neophyte Æxid[/color] | 200 Clan RK2 Trader
    Unit Commander of Immortal Ascension
    Server First: Ian Warr

Here's a thread on multi-wield over in the Adventurers forum.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Just got your PM as I was out of town for the holiday...

Based on tests by myself and many other Advent (especially Tetra), the general consensus is this...

Multi-wielding raises your RoF by 28%-35% depending on your luck. Since this RoF increase is distributed to both weapons, you therefore see a decrease in the amount of "on-hand" hits. Not an issue with Melee weapons, as they can be dual-wielded at the same QL, but it is a consideration when looking at pistols.

Basically, your off-hand weapon must do at least 50% of the damage of your on-hand weapon, or dual-wielding will lower your overall damage over time.

For instance:
    Normal single-wielding: 14 hits in 30s
    Dual-wielding like-speed weapons: 18 hits in 30s

You will get 9 on-hand, and 9 off-hand hits. Therefore, your off-hand weapon must do at least the same damage in 9 hits as your on-hand would do in 5 hits to break even.

Since Pistols can only be dual-wielded with current multi reqs at around 50%-80% of the QL of your on-hand, the actual average DoT increase from multi-wielding pistols is minus 10%-25%.

Since you mentioned the Cold Lasers, though, they should be able to be dual-wielded together due to low multi req at the same QL. In that case, the result is simple... You will basically increase you DoT by about 28%-35%.

Of course, you only get one Fling Shot, even though both weapons have it. Dual-wielding two like special weapons does not affect special recharge at all that I can see.

Hope that answers your question. =)

-Jayde