Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low level tower PvP with high level healers...the simple solution

Well as far as those special mobs go i'm 129 it doesn't concern me. Was just stating the easiest method of fixing the problem with the fewest amount of possible exploits and bugs associated with those exploits.

During a PvP encounter as an attacker you want to take out the healers in the group as soon as possible. If the healers in the group can't be killed or attacked (ie lvl 150 doc and you the attacker is lvl 50) then that creates an unwinnable situation.

At the same time it is also common practice for lowbie alts with higher level friends to get buffs from them as well as getting heals when necessary. This tips the balance toward the lowbie twinker when fighting a lowbie with no connections. At this point it no longer becomes a battle of skill or strategy but rather a battle of who you know.

Lowbie PvP should be just that...lowbie PvP. If you're going to get buffs/heals from other professions then you should have to rely on buffs from players within your own pvp range.

And a reply to an earlier post. The reason why ya can't just simply keep players out of an area based on their PvP range for the area is that there are numerous mission areas that can be found within the controlled areas. In fact I've noticed that inside some mission areas you can pass through zones of controlled space. Many missions in southern foul hills are like that.

But a recent post by CZ does state Funcom's general plan for fixing this problem. If you're not within PvP range of a player in a tower controlled PvP area then you won't be able to heal that player. So far they do clearly state they are only making this effect tower controlled areas and not normal PvP areas. I'm curious how they plan to implement this but as they said it will probably be after christmas before it is available as a fix.
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

just wanted to add that the tower in nld was destroyed by 4 "lowlvls" healed by doc, enforcers and fixer hots. the poor claners who tried to kill em were just ignored.
    on the other hand, there is a simple solution to the healing problem. gather some friends and take em out in 1 blow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12