Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low level tower PvP with high level healers...the simple solution

Low level tower PvP with high level healers...the simple solution

This is a pretty major problem and excludes "honest" low level guilds from competing with "alt" guilds. No average level 60 player stands a chance against a level 60 player backed by a level 200 doc, whether they are attacking or defending.

The simple solution is to put in a PvP level range check for friendly nanos just like for hostile nanos, but only when in a PvP zone. If that level 200 doc tries to heal someone in a PvP zone or in a PvP fight, they must fall within their target's PvP range, or they're SOL.

Very easy and it will let everyone enjoy the Notum Wars equally, regardless of level.

---

Cross post from the Suggestions forum since this is a better place for it, just didn't notice the new forum.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

BUMP!
    Sormllam - keeper
    Sormsneaker - shade

Stolt medlem i Northern Showrunners - REKRYTERAR NU!!!!

Bleh I dont get the problem here at all, You know it is supposed to be a -War- Therefore the title "Notum Wars" In a war the rules are simple, The strongest wins, So basicly by "Removing" high lv healers (Or whatever) you will only start a Nerfing wave for NW. If an Org Cant hold a tower, Then do not make one. This is a war ffs. Feel free to flame me, Or whatever and No, I dont use High level healers when assaulting towers, Nor do I flame people who does. Strongest Wins, Live with it.

Well, from that logic, why have PvP level restrictions at all? It's war, why can't I shoot that scary level 1 player attacking my base? I have to defend my level 10 tower and it's uber bonuses!

Don't be silly. They put level ranged areas in this game so people of all levels could participate. There is no reason a high level org should have any real interest in a low level area.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

I don't see a problem with this idea in terms of NW, however...

Clanners had enough of a problem trying to decide level req's on Tarasque raids...this would put a hard level cap at 150. The lower levels were great for buffs and pretty decent with damage too. If you can't get heals from them tho....

If there is going to be some sort of change, it would have to take into account not just PvP, but all 25% zones where a lot of team action takes place.

Well, considering that you get different grace periods in Tower PvP areas than you do in normal PvP areas, the game can obviously tell the difference. If this were a real issue, it would be simple enough to have buff/heal PvP restrictions only in tower areas.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

I don't like the idea of limiting the game play if it can be helped.

However, it is probably a good idea to set up some kind of enhanced facility for requesting help from high level guilds. Most times if you were to mention on OOC that you are being assualted by a force backed by high level docs, you would find hordes of lvl 160+ PVP-seekers from your faction showing up at your base looking to hunt the docs.

The problem is that the facility for requesting help faction-wide is clumsy, and not apparent to newer players.

I just think it's absurd that every tower battle needs to devolve into a high level fight. Why can't there be good, clean tower fights where not a single level 200 shows his face? There is a lot of variety and content in this game and not every bit of it needs to cater to the high levels.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

You guys all seem hell bent on the problem of the high levels ruining the fun of lower levels. Have you thought about the fact that high levels can now bring low level docs(outside buffers healers etc) with them? I saw more problems from having someone low level putting their heal pet on someone I was fighting over the weekend than I saw of high level people interrupting low level fights.

I'm not arguing that nothing is wrong, I'm just saying don't go blaming it on the high level people only. A fix is needed and it needs to go both directions, up and down the level scale.

Bleh.. Just put Lv Reqs on everything will ya? make all equipment have Level reqs make EVERYTHING go by level req then there you go now its FAIR! Seriusly, Putting Lv Reqs on PvP areas would only make AO more "Carebear" game that it allready is. EXPECT low level players to have healers, bring your own High level friends to kill thoose healers, And if you cant hold a Tower, DO NOT make one simple as that.

Originally posted by Dudicas
    I'm not arguing that nothing is wrong, I'm just saying don't go blaming it on the high level people only. A fix is needed and it needs to go both directions, up and down the level scale.
    Yea, this is a problem too, just much less of a problem. Also, people seem more fixated on defending their right to gank the lowbies than on defending the right to having a grey heal pet around. But, the fix is simple and it would go both ways...keep all nanos, friend or foe, from executing on targets outside your range when in tower PvP areas.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Simpler solution. And there are two parts.
    1. You can only cast friendly nanos (heals, buffs, etc) on players that are teamed with you.

2. You can only team with players that are within level range or pvp range with you. Meaning if you and your potential teammate can gain experience while teamed then you should be able to group. Also if you can both attack each other in the arena then you should be able to group.

This would only leave a loophole in healing from a metaphysicist's heal pet...which in my opinion is acceptable. The reprecussions of such a change in gameplay would be massive. It would mainly effect all low level twinkers. And would help alleviate imbalances in pvp when a low level player gets massively buffed by a higher level player...would no longer be possible. Everyone would have to rely more on players within their own level range. Such a system would also alleviate certain problems that occur when a player teams with a player well below their PvP range (a lvl 10 teaming with a lvl 150 for example).
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

One second, I thought when a person (e.g level 50) attack a towers they are flagged for 4 hours, where anyone, any level, anywhere (except backyards and some others) can attack you.

My friend on his 140 ma was killing a 85 something agent who was pvp flagged.

As for the 200 doc...well will they not also be in a pvp zone? why not bring a high level to take it out, if not then...um.. isnt this an exploit, as in using a hole in the system to gain an advantage.

A bump for Graxxus' plan there..even though I'm in one of those bigger guilds, I do feel bad for the little guys, I'm just nice that way
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Buffs actually were restricted to teammates only in PvP for a while. It didn't work out because people wanted the ability to assist others they weren't teamed with at the time. I think that holds true now more than ever. Many orgs don't have enough docs to put one in every team, and I doubt any doc would want to stand there and watch their guildmate die just because they're not teamed together.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Well, you block anyone not in the team from healing someone, then that would royally screw up all attempts at taking out certain big bosses out there. Unless you get 2+ docs for every team, instead of having 2-3 docs for 4+ teams.

Why not make a crowd limitng system that kicks out players that dont mach lvl of the zone?

Lets say i am lvl 186 doctor i am coming to lvl 75 towers to heal some newbies who pvp there. I get messnage like your lvl doesnt match lvl of the controler you will be removed from the area in 30 seconds.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

I think the 'simple' solution is to stop crying. High level doc sitting in gas healing those lowbies? Get high level anyone else to come *****slap that doc away!

The only problem that exists is that many high levels are teaming with the low levels so that they can attack low levels.

/sarcasm on

My high level toon has no content...there is nothing better to do than go screw up a lowbies fun...

/sarcasm off

Basically, if you are new to the game and have no high level friends to support you then you're screwed...that simple... People can deny it if they wish, but it is true. The statement above is also close to being true, higher lvl players do not have much to do, so they tend to gravitate to where the fun is. Example, Last night there was an attack on a tower in NLD (RK2), 60% of the people there, maybe more, were 120+ and sadly, the tower was only 50ish... No REAL reason for the high lvl players to be there, but that was where the fun was... If you want to build a tower just to say you own one, try building it somewhere FAR away from any quick access and make sure it is ql150+. If you want a good example, Take a look at Project-Starlight's setup, way out in Eastern Foul Plains, ql 150 towers and the quickest way there is fixer grid... Most players are too lazy to do missions outside Broken Shores, much less actually form a strategic raiding party to bring down this tower so it will more than likely remain untouched for a long time..heh

Just remember this... Veteran players come first.. if there is anything left over, then you can fight amongst each other for it...

edit: smoking pot and trying to make a point is like pissing in the wind :/
    Last edited by Mneuromancer; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 09:15:02.

Originally posted by Zylina
    IThe only problem that exists is that many high levels are teaming with the low levels so that they can attack low levels.
    Actualy they cant.. been fixed long time ago to do that you need to use special trick...

About taking out high lvl doc who healing lowbies... well how you gonan do that if highes character in your guild is lvl 130?

Not everyone can "get their main" and kill that high lvl doc.
    And even if you get one person to take out that high lvl doc, the doc will lough and kill that person.

High lvls shouldnt come and heal lowbies its pvp between lowbies not high lvls if funcom want to all people have fun not only those who are 150+ trhey should think of way to stop high lvl/low lvl people healing.
    Last edited by Julia; Dec 3rd, 2002 at 10:45:56.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast