Thread: Idea: the Unified Expertise Buff

Idea: the Unified Expertise Buff

I don't know how many other people do this, but I keep the basic +20 buffs up all the time in combat, for relevant skills. That includes anything I need to cast my latest HoTs and whatever other nanos, and SMG/burst expertise for the 20 more atk. (I'm a fixer if that didn't make it obvious.).

However, casting all these buffs (I also run quickness, so that's a total of 6 buffs), each with a duration of only a half-hour, is a real pain. So I was thinking it wouldn't be really unbalancing to incorporate a 'Unified Basic Expertise Buff'; that is, a buff that adds +20 to every skill an expertise nano can buff, overwrites and does not stack with the other basics, and takes up considerably more NCU/nano.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would pay a large amount of money for this nano. In fact, I imagine so many other people would that it would function as a considerably money sink.

Its reqs should be high enough to be considered a perk of getting to, say, title 4 or so; it shouldn't be executable at the same level range as the original expertise buffs. It's just for those of us who have gotten further into the game and are beginning to get tired of buffing 10 times every half hour, and trying to do it without slowing the group down.

Isn't part of the idea of the high levels that the hard stuff gets harder, but some of the dumb little things like travel time start to disappear, like a perk for the time you've put into your character? I think this fits that theme well enough.

I suppose it wouldn't matter if it had the same duration as the original buffs as long as it was everything at once, but I'd certainly like to see it last longer too. Like, say, four times longer.

I have the same problem, i always launch all the +20 and I agree it would be nice but it will have to buff many stats I don't use and then cost many NCU for nothing ... And I'm not ready to cast a nano that takes 50 ncu to buff all the +20 when the standard one will only take like 30 ncu (I'm a trader and all those drains cost a lot of ncu).
    Maybe they could instead put advanced expertise nanos who just costs more nanos to cast and last 4 times longer.

Thanatha, 80 trader of RK2

Totally agreed

I almost always run all the boosts and buffs for my char. A +20 is a +20 at any level.

One other approach that might be worth discussing, is customizable general buff that does it all for you.

This would have the advantage of doing all the buffs that you generally run, not just the basic.

It would let you do other things during the starry eyed surprize buffing portion of team missions.

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Unified Stat Boost too.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Yepp... and place it in the Advanced shops...

Actually, Id love extended versions of the exp buffs also.
    Aka, instead of 30min duration they run 1h.
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Lightbulb

Instead of new nanos, why not just 1 or 2 special shortcut bars where you can place 10 nanos and a single keypress runs them all, with a time duration of the longest or something like 1 second per nano. Should probably be in non-combat mode to be able to run them (activate shortcut), to avoid PvP issues etc.

Or you might just add some shortcuts which runs all nanos in one of the exsisting shortcut bars. Eg. alt-1 etc.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

but would it be worth the NCU?

if you only have 6 expertises, 6x4=24 ncu

if this thing adds +20 to all skill,s itll be more than 24, im almsot positive. But yes, ill bump this, they do get annoying.

How about a -make your own nano- feature, that let you put the expertise nanos you want into one nano crystal, and you could then cast it on yourself. I think a buff that added +20 to your skills that was customizable would be alot better. But the amount of coding even gives me a headache, and i dont even know how to code =].

basicly, bump

I agree with Metaing, a way t make a "buff package" that when you activate the Package, it casts all the buffs "inside it" (icons dragged into it, just like a hotkey bar) in one cast.

Possibly there could be upgrades to said "Buff Package" thingy, since you could add Duration (D++) and lower Nano cost (N--).

The limitation on such a "Buff Package" would offcourse be that it would only work on spells cast on yourself (excluding heals).

Heck, let the base "Buff package" be made as a tradeskill item with Mechanical Engineering, Quantum Physics and Nano programming. Which you then drag buff icons into it and seal it. Once that is done, it's basically a Stim with a big bunch of nano's in it.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

I like your idea Cado, just need not too high requirements in trade skills stats to make those, let's say 2 x QL of the buff package and you can't put a nano higher level than the package inside.
    Those packages must also be resticted to buffs, it would be a little hard if you run into a doc in PvP who cast a package with 1 Nano Init debuff and 2 DOTs

Idea...

Instead of buffing everything why not make it tradeskill item? Collect the discs that you wish to combine (expertise and boosts only) and have someone combine them into one buff?

If you have 4 expertises at 4 ncu's each and 2 stat boosts at 3 ncus each the total ncu's that this nano would consume would be 28 (5 each for the expertises and 4 each for the stats - just a tad more ncu's for the conviencance). The casting req'ment would be every nano skill that all the buffs combined have. IE if the boosts take biomet and mat met and the expertises take sense imp and psy mod then in this model this buff would require all 4 of those.

That way it would be something to work for, and customizable.

Hatchet

I see you have basically the same idea as me Hatchets .. except for the simple fact that you cannot get discs for the Boost nano's, but you can always take references of the nano's you have in your Nano tab.

Basically, we have some sort of computer where we already upload our Nano's into, so it already holds all the information - Now we just need it to cast them at the same time.

Oh .. and apart from NCU limits and skill limits, there's also nano limit.

Lets say we want to cast 3 buffs :

-5 NCU, 30 nano, 20 Bio. Met., 20 Mat. Met.
    -10 NCU, 50 nano, 10 Sense Imp, 40 Psy. Mod
    -5 NCU, 30 nano, 20 Bio. Creation

The Nano you propose could be build would then take :
    -20 NCU, 110 Nano, 20 Bio. Met, 20 Mat Met, 10 Sense Imp, 40 Psy Mod, 20 Bio Creation.

But what if he only have 100 nano ?

With a "buff package" you could throw a Nano kit in the package, oh .. lets say one that replenishes 30 Nano and requires 8 T&S, which would then be added to the kit, it would use some stats like :

-0 NCU, -30 Nano, 8 Time & Space, 8 Treatment (QL 1 Nano kit)

So the completed "buffs package" (which becomes a bit like a stim or Medi kit when sealed) would read something like :

-20 NCU, 80 Nano, 20 Bio. Met, 20 Mat Met, 10 Sense Imp, 40 Psy Mod, 20 Bio Creation, 8 Time & Space, 8 Treatment.

And voilá - He can use it ... but teh Nano kit took 1 slot in the Buff Package. Which will become a part of a limit, since I envision a lower QL buff package would have less slots than a high QL one.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!