Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lvl caping PvP is penalising players

Am I lobotomized? Golly gee I hope not.

And gaud forbid lower lvls have some kinda advantage and can be useful when higher lvls are in fights.

Cuz i know if the cap was still 75 you wouldnt be attacking that 140 doc without good reason even though yer lvl200 and could slaughter them in a second. Cuz yer all honerable warriors like that.

High lvls whining that they cant kill lowbies anymore......yea....its me thats lobotomized.

/sarcasm off

Hi.
    I'm a currently 141 doc, who from level 130 and up (past few months, I level slow) participated from time to time in 2h0, and even in Camelot, albeit only a few times.
    I no longer go to 2h0, mmd, or Camelot, due to this new cap at 150.
    Reason is, I can no longer attack anyone that is above me. This negates my reason to PvP, if I can't help out my friends/various others in battles, and is killing my fun in PvP, since no one duel anymore. (I know, I'm a doc, unbalanced yada yada)
    Point is, at level 125, I'm close to a level 189 in a few aspects, although my stats are a lot less, and the 189 has a wider array of skills maxed.
    I stop my ranting here, and hope for the cap to go down to 125, where it should have been at the first place.
    :/?

The whole idea of a hard cap is totally redundant, its just not needed.

Currently because of the hard cap a lvl 149 character can ONLY PvP characters of lvl 149 and below!!!! And a lvl 150 character can ONLY PvP characters of lvl 150 and higher.

Which means when a lvl 149 and a lvl 150 square up to each other the only thing they can attack each other with is harsh language. With all due respect to those who think capping is a good idea this is the reality of capping, it is stupid that a lvl 149 cannot attack a lvl 150 and it is also stupid that a lvl 150 cannot attack a lvl 149.

If you look at any other lvl character such as say a lvl 100 or a lvl 170 they can attack players of a higher lvl and players of a lower lvl. They have a “PvP spread” this spread is similar to (but not quite as wide as) their ability to team. If all players had a PvP spread similar to their ability team then this problem would be gone. What is more a lvl 200 would still only be able to attack down to a lvl of 150, so the cap in effect still exists but it is not hard. It would mean a lvl 150 character wasn’t limited to being ONLY able to PvP players of a higher lvl than him, and also would stop the lvl 149 characters being the top of the food chain in sub lvl150 PvP. Which must be upsetting a lot of sub 150 players as when ever they want to join in the fun some lvl 149 jumps them because he has no other choice.

Drop the cap and give us a spread, you know it makes more sense.

Tiggy

There are several factors at work here.

First off, you can attack below the 150 cap as long as they are in pvp range. The key is that the whole team must be in pvp range of their whole team! (As far as i can tell anyways, please correct me if i'm wrong) That makes it fairly difficult to find valid targets.

What funcom should really do is allow low levels to target higher levels. This way lowbies could participate in high level engagements. However, as soon as they attacked up, they could be attacked in turn. This way, if the low levels want, they can particpate, but they don't have to risk getting blatted by a lvl 200 if they don't want to.

Originally posted by Tiggy
    Currently because of the hard cap a lvl 149 character can ONLY PvP characters of lvl 149 and below!!!! And a lvl 150 character can ONLY PvP characters of lvl 150 and higher.
    Its crap like this that starts these discussions, IT NOT TRUE, DAMN IT!

A level 149 can PvP up to around 190 ish.
    A level 150 can Pvp down to around 110-120 ish.

I'm 140, I have attacked, and been attacked, by level 120-180, no problem.

If you cant attack another player that is withing your pvp level range, its most likely becase he, or you, is teamed with a much higher/lower level player.
    Ginn/Decky

Its crap like this that starts these discussions, IT NOT TRUE, DAMN IT!

A level 149 can PvP up to around 190 ish.
    A level 150 can Pvp down to around 110-120 ish.
    You are wrong.

Only in the arena can you do what you clame. We are not talking about arena combat here. we are talking about NW.

The PvP spread of a lvl 150 character is 150-200 and the PvP spread for a lvl 149 character is (something or other)-149... check it on help bot

what do you think the cap is for?

Tiggy
    Last edited by Tiggy; Dec 4th, 2002 at 13:22:38.

if you get your facts of helpbot. then don't claim someone else is wrong. helpbot is wrong.
    it allways has been around the caps.

and for teaming. as dare as i can see. the hole team counts as the highest lvl player in your team. so if you wonna pvp 200's as lvl 1. all you have to do is team with a lvl 150.

my lvl 90 trader has helped hunt 178 nt and 200 ga4 fixer. bacaurse i was teamed with a lvl 200.

now i can't kill those off course. but i sure as hell can help my side win.

Well if you team with a lvl 200 and that lvl 200 attacks another lvl 200 then your Whole team is open to reprisal/attack etc. that has never been in question. AO has always worked like that.

Get a lvl 150 toon find yourself a lvl 140 opponent both of you leave your teams and try and attack each other and see what happens coz it sure as hell wont be combat.

Originally posted by Noer
    I want to gank level 75'ies. ;(
    Bump This ...Simple and correct , Try telling The US they ccant invade iraq cuz there Not as well equiped as them . I agreed with the 74 lvl rule that was cool enough , but this sux atm . I used to get my ass kicked when i was lvl 100ish , Now im lvl 175+ they take this rule out its BS . I dont wanna kill lowbies for titles just gives me something to do In MMD instead of waiting hrs and hrs for my perfect dueling match to come along

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Remove all friggin caps, its a war after all.

That would be SOOO unfair. I think my doc could take on, lets say, 100-200 lvl 25 people. EASILY. I could wipe out every noob in every backyard in all of Rubi Ka, if they all decided to attack me at once. Thats not War, thats called Slaughter.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Here's an idea, make the PvP skill based and not level/class based. Oh, the utopia of PvP happened in UO and won't be replicated ever again
    Celebrant Freshman since July 2001, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Idoloclast Freshman since October 2003, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Blowfish Tradeskill gimp, designed to be a credit mule. setup
    Greed Name carry-over from Atlantic shard of Ultima Online, where he was a champion duelist.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

Account Created 2001-06-28 05:43:08

Proud? player of cAmparchy Online

I think any player lvl 150+ that whines about anything whatsoever should be banned for life. :b

Bump This ...Simple and correct , Try telling The US they ccant invade iraq cuz there Not as well equiped as them . I agreed with the 74 lvl rule that was cool enough , but this sux atm . I used to get my ass kicked when i was lvl 100ish , Now im lvl 175+ they take this rule out its BS . I dont wanna kill lowbies for titles just gives me something to do In MMD instead of waiting hrs and hrs for my perfect dueling match to come along
    Translation: "Im bored and I really dont think twice about taking advantage of someone else weaker than me just for good $h!ts and giggles. Every player in this game is here just to make my gaming experience more enjoyable and nothing more. I got bullied when I was a lowbie...therefore I must now be the bully."

Atleast saying you want to farm a title is some sort of justifiable reason. Lame.....but atleast a reason.

Seriously though I like Hannibals idea about lower lvls being able to initiate fights with higher lvls if they see fit. Then the higher lvl can retaliate.

Hell...I think all lower lvls should be able to initiate fights with higher lvls in 75% zones.

Hell....any lvl 175+ should be open to attack anywhere at anytime by anyone!

You're high lvl and are bored with everything but pvp? Then you should be pvp flagged 24-7. Put an option where u can flag yourself on and off for pvp anywhere. Lets see how many would actually do it....looking for a good fight.

Id pay good money to see 50 lvl20s mob a high lvl in Tir. lol

My whole outlook on it is that these new rules and make noobs more comfortable with pvp. And the more comfortable they get....the more they'll do it. Hence the more "willing to fight" opponents you'll have in the future, and not some lowbie trying just to get away from you.

You gotta ask yourself......do you want to shoot fish in a barrel? Or do you want people ready and willing to fight you?
    Last edited by Phunked; Dec 6th, 2002 at 10:55:42.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fangion
    [B]I think any player lvl 150+ that whines about anything whatsoever should be banned for life. :b

Translation: "Im bored and I really dont think twice about taking advantage of someone else weaker than me just for good $h!ts and giggles. Every player in this game is here just to make my gaming experience more enjoyable and nothing more. I got bullied when I was a lowbie...therefore I must now be the bully."

Hit the Nail on the Head , i dont gank lowbies that are dueling but if i ever saw a lvl 100 in mmd and he was in a pvp zone sure id kill him , id have fun 2 .

Fangion, ru drugi?
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio
    Fangion, ru drugi?
    ~Chris
    Are my ideas too much for you to comprehend?

In a zone far, far away...

I was defending some towers that belonged to my clan. This happened in Stret East, which is a 25% zone. Unteamed, I managed to attack people as low as 134 (by my count). This happened more than once, actually. However, they did not attack me first. I tried the same thing at the 110-120 level range, and nothing happened.

--Just my 2 credits on the current cap situation...

Edit: I have no knowledge of whether or not they were teamed with a 150+ person. And BTW, my level at the time was 158, I believe.
    Last edited by Moireasdan; Dec 10th, 2002 at 04:01:02.
    Cunobolen, level 208 Soldier
    Conaught, level 151 Fixer

Kind of stupid that amist all the fighting going on in 2h0/MMD/Camelot/towers a lvl 120 can come along and just stand in the middle of it all telling their guild exactly what is happening at the opposing factions side.

Kind of stupid that a lvl 120 doc can be healing that 170 soldier thats attacking a teammate/tower.

Kind of stupid that a lvl 120 can attack a teammate in their guilds base, but still can't be attack by the teammates.

Yeah make the cap stay the way it is in arena fights, not in mass pvp.

Originally posted by Centurion3
    no but it would require strategy. An less experienced soldier might stick to more elite troops to support them? But then again, im used to more realistic games then this one where strategy was actually an factor.
    oh really? Tell me what your stratagy would be when you are say, a lvl 78 Engy, and you get attacked by a lvl 190 trader, or doctor, or NT, or ANY lvl 190?

Whats your stratagy?
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

hmm...a couple days ago I sent a 134 enforcer attacking a tower to reclaim. I was level 160. I was not teamed. Seems to me some folks got bad info on this "cap"
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Re: A blessing!

Originally posted by D-Cypher
    Before the 150 cap, what usually happened to my poor little 106 doc when he entered a PvP area, was that some 180+ just killed him off. Often it was two or three 180+ "heroes" who got him. Now, I can stay alive long enough to actually participate in the fighting...

I humbly, on my knees, thank FC for the 150+ cap in PvP!
    THESE are the peeps FC listen to!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast