Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lvl caping PvP is penalising players

Lvl caping PvP is penalising players

PvP cap of 150 is horrible. Why do we need it at all?

As a 154 I can team 111-200 yet I can only PvP 150+. I should be able to PvP lower than my lvl just like everyone else can. Im not saying I should be able to attack a lvl111 but I should certainly be able to attack something lower than 150. The current situation sux.

Give us all a proper spread to PvP against. Forget the ridiculous cap, it serves no purpose what so ever. We just need a spread like our ability to team with others for xp. By all means have it so that the min lvl of a 200 to PvP against is 150+, but giving a lvl 150 a min pvp range of 150+ is just plane ludicrous.

I am being lvl nefed in PvP.

Tiggy

Errmmm.. Are you sure about that? Have you actually tried pvping someone <150?
    I don't pvp, but as I understand it, the +150 free-for-all doesn't mean anyone over 150 can't fight anyone under 150. There's still the regular pvp-range that allows you to fight anyone within a certain percentage above or below your level.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

U can still attack players below lvl 150, but it is caped, which it wasn't before when u could attack a lvl 75 player at lvl 150.
    moon meeh

Only problem is if you team with someone lvl 200(or close), you can't attack those under lvl 150, need to leave team then.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Remove all friggin caps, its a war after all.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Remove all friggin caps, its a war after all.
    A war, yes, but also still a game. Removing all caps will mean any new player will have to spend hundreds, if not thousands of hours before they can enjoy an element of gameplay that is becoming increasingly important. Not very encouraging, would you say?

no but it would require strategy. An less experienced soldier might stick to more elite troops to support them? But then again, im used to more realistic games then this one where strategy was actually an factor.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Yep. That's one of the main things. AO is not player based, but character based. No matter how good your strategy, if your character is far worse (i.e. lower level) than someone else's, you're gonna lose. You can't make up for it with anything other than levels. That's why the caps are a good thing, IMO.

Of course, a little bit more player involvement might be fun. But then hardcore RPGers would be screaming "twitch game" . Best thing is to just try and have as much fun as you can within the given game mechanics

Sounds like some are upset they cant farm a nifty little title off lowbies anymore.

Cool with me.....pick on someone your own size.

I want to gank level 75'ies. ;(
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Originally posted by Fangion
    Sounds like some are upset they cant farm a nifty little title off lowbies anymore.
    Hardly, I just want things to be more realistic, and with bigger battles

I think the 150-cap is a good thing. Look at how much more people are running around 2hO now, not just 170+. I really think that raising the cap from 75 to 150 will make pvp a bit more accessable to all.

Originally posted by Centurion3

Hardly, I just want things to be more realistic, and with bigger battles

"Realistic" like physicians and merchants being the most powerful pvp classes even over soldiers and enforcers? lol

It may not be realistic.....but it's the way it is. Welcome to the future.

As for bigger battles....I was at an RK2 battle yesterday just north of NLD whompas. Clan tower....at least 200 players running around.....lvls 5-200....25% gas...then 5% gas. Sheer utter chaos for an hour straight.

No, this cap is crap.

We are fighting and no one can attack that lvl 126 agent who is standing out in the open telling everyone or setup.

Or the level 140 doc healing the level 200 soldier.

Put the 75 cap back for tower battles.

Leave it alone for 2h0/MMD/Camelot.

Make it the same as your teamable range. Simple fix IMO.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    Make it the same as your teamable range. Simple fix IMO.
    aye

makes me angry when i cant attack a green who is goin powpow to one of my guilds towers grey no prob but green come on :x
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Originally posted by gwend

aye

makes me angry when i cant attack a green who is goin powpow to one of my guilds towers grey no prob but green come on :x
    If a green attacks your tower they'll be pvp flagged for 4 hrs.....meaning anyone at any lvl can attack them anywhere.

As for the 140doc healing a 200sol......lol gimme a break. Call a guildie that can attack the doc then.

Thats like saying its lame cuz I cant attack the MA that gave my opponent a crit buff.
    Last edited by Phunked; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 21:14:48.

A blessing!

Before the 150 cap, what usually happened to my poor little 106 doc when he entered a PvP area, was that some 180+ just killed him off. Often it was two or three 180+ "heroes" who got him. Now, I can stay alive long enough to actually participate in the fighting...

I humbly, on my knees, thank FC for the 150+ cap in PvP!

Originally posted by Fangion

If a green attacks your tower they'll be pvp flagged for 4 hrs.....meaning anyone at any lvl can attack them anywhere.

As for the 140doc healing a 200sol......lol gimme a break. Call a guildie that can attack the doc then.
    Are you lobotomized? What's lol about that? A level 140 doctor can use Complete Heal, do you not see the point, or do you type before thinking?

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Re: A blessing!

Originally posted by D-Cypher
    Before the 150 cap, what usually happened to my poor little 106 doc when he entered a PvP area, was that some 180+ just killed him off. Often it was two or three 180+ "heroes" who got him. Now, I can stay alive long enough to actually participate in the fighting...

I humbly, on my knees, thank FC for the 150+ cap in PvP!
    150 is too high. 125-130 would be ok.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast