Thread: UK shop info - NW

UK shop info - NW

Anyone had any luck finding any UK bricks and mortar outlets for NW? I've got it on "backorder" with Digital River, but am prepared to cancel that if I can find it in a shop.

I spoke to HMV in Leicester and they told me that it was released on the 25th for order by them, but that they had no copies in as yet. I'm hoping that it is available somewhere... if anyone finds a retailer with copies could they post that info here to help all the other UK players?

Ailish
    Thinker, Doer, Warrior-Poet.
    Presdient of First Light
    Queen of West Athen.

Games web site says 6/12 as I believe does Play - these are both mail order based so actual shops may take longer (I know Game had _issues_ getting Neocron to all the stores)

I dont think there are actually any copies physically in the country yet
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

No-one in the UK gets nothing until they can place the expansion to compete with the euro launch Asheron's Call 2 which goes on sale the same day (6/12). Or any other euro country for that matter.

Nice one Funcom.
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

FS

I WANT COMPENSATION

I PRE-ORDERD SO I WOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY FROM THE MOMENT NW WAS OPEN... NOT A WEEK OR TWO LATER
    Susanooh Nano-Technician
    Level 170
    Shadow Level 0
    Alien Level 2
    (Proud owner of Nullity Sphere Mk I, Mk II, Luxuary Jobe Apt. & Pet Leets) (Atlantean)
    Info
    Equip. & Imp. Layout
    Perks
    History

/born Friday November 2nd 2001

OK - a quick follow up post.

Having spent yesterday trawling the games shops of leicester for copies, asking awkward questions of the staff and generally making a nuisance of myself...

Game claim a release date of 6/12 which is consistent with what others have said.
    HMV have told me that it was listed for release on 25/11, but that the Leicester branch have not yet received their copies. They offered to order it for me, but it would take a week for the copy to arrive.

I'm guessing that we do indeed have to wait til the 6th before any of us will see a copy... and that HMV are just confused. I guess that I'll just wait it out, see if my DR pre-order arrives in the meantime and if not, then go shop for a copy on the 6th and cancel my pre-order then.

Ailish
    Thinker, Doer, Warrior-Poet.
    President of First Light
    Queen of West Athen

Leicester, UK.

Scary... you mean there are other AO Players this far north in the UK and thx, glad I didn't haul my ass around town this morning.

I might pop into PC-World and check on the other MMORPG's out there instead rather than continually being let down and kicked in the pods.
    S.A.B.I
    Sentinent Artificial Biological Interface

Well sinse I can't find it in the stores in the UK, I am putting faith in DR getting it to me this week.

I am not surprised a global release didn't go too well, but I would have expected FC to have realised there was a problem and shutdown tower placing abilities until they knew that more than one country had the game.

oh well, another botched launch, FC are making a name for themselves.

Don't forget to dispute the charge for "Next Day" delivery!
    Turchin - Fat Crat member of Illuminati.

Yeah...

... they failed to deliver next day so I've cancelled the order on them and looking forward to a fight with them if they try and revoke my statutory rights
    S.A.B.I

"Litigator"...scarily appropriate name...

Ailish, did HMV tell you who their distributor was for the UK retail?

I spent the afternonn going around Preston - Game said 6 Dec and HMV said its on order. I tried a couple of indipendants one of whom suggested I import it using gamestop.com (well im not doing that). Im pissed that I payed for next day too. Im not impressed with Funcom's own online store being unable to deliver.
    Member of First Light (EG)

Owner of the Thong of Power

TEH SEXXAY SEXXAY AVEDTU..ADVTERN...ANDEVTURE...EXPLORER

The Game store in worcester isnt even getting Notum Wars in because they dont want to sell it.

Software Store said they may decide to order it (arive on 4th december for selling) and PC World arnt going to stock it anytime soon.

Basically all UK players arn't going to see the game for a while :P

The crazy thing is that FC will lose customers this way.

People going to the stores looking for NW but not finding it, seeing AC2, or other games, buying them instead.

I just hope FC realise this and are pushing DR and other suppliers.

Maybe I'll camp my local Game and see what comes up.

Originally posted by L1V1D
    People going to the stores looking for NW but not finding it, seeing AC2, or other games, buying them instead.
    Yup, that's the plan. I like AO, I love the eye candy and setting. I hate the level mill and Uber Collecto™ aspect turning most people into a clone.

Where's the Role-Playing? Where's the Story line? Where's the support for player plot? - You've killed any possibility of player missions to even help people be creative... story lines are not about being spectators... c'mon guys, get a grip...

Got a mate who's been given a copy of E&B from the inside and they're launching a buddy system, you install from yer mate's CD and just purchase a buddy registration, no matter where in the world you are. Don't like the concept of the game but he says you don't get shafted in that game...

Laggggg: Not our fault, it's your machine... no, um, it's your isp... no, um..

Sorry guys, hate being a troll but we all have limits.
    S.A.B.I

wales

i live in aberystwyth, on the west coast of wales. until 2 weeks ago, the only place i could buy computer games was woolworths. now we have a 'GAME' store, which presented me with a copy of everquest when i asked if they had anything anarchy online related at all.
    i am stuck with my order from digital river atm, cos i sure cant travel 200 miles to pick up a copy (thats how far it is to swansea/cardiff, shewsbury is only about an hour on the train to any UK people out there), & it's a hassle even getting to believe most websites to even believe my address to exsist & that i havent filled in a field incorrectly!

"kryten, broadcast on all channels & languages including welsh...."

*cry!*
    Field Marshal Londino, lvl 220
    Cutting through the forest of reason
    Veteran of Forsaken
    Former Soldier Professional

Silly doc thingy Londina, lvl 175+
    She needs tokens dont ya know.

sigh

Still on back order for river, I'm in Nwales, we only just got electricity here
    I work in Liverpool some weekends, and no-one there has even heard about AO let alone any booster pack.

This situation bites, as for paying for next-day delivery ....they are dreaming if I'll think I'll swallow that.

If my guild didn't want NW, I would simpley cancel and not bother with the whole bloody thing.

(You order a meal, then your told "erm see the waiter triped-over and as he works for tips we're not resposible for him, so if your meal is an hour late tough do-do)

peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Just ordered mine from GAME... £19.99 including business post delivery.. they say its dispatched so i recieve it on release day, so if all goes well i will have it friday. We shall see....
    TAMIYANA - RK1

Mail Tami!
    ------------------------------------------------
    To fear your enemy is wise.. to know your enemy is wiser still.....