Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Missions have become too big

Originally posted by Tomasin
    I like the idea, but I see too much potential to be exploited for tokens.They would have to make the chance of getting a token smaller also, and then that would make very few people do those missions anyway...
    i forget what board it's on but someone's talking about tokens and how it's devilishly hard to get a useful board at your level.
    \\edit==> ahh yes, some people are mad at those who bought their tokens (?) so they want merit boards up to +5000 tokens and same time make it easier to get the tokens. it would devaluate the tokens people spent soo much money for.\\
    Originally posted by Spook
    I guess I could accept the size of missions if you got one token for each unit of size of it. Small mission one token, medium mission 2 token, large mission 3 token, extreme missions 4 tokens, etc. The credit reward should increase in similar fashion.
    maybe not quite extreme but for sure you sould get a token for every 10 guys you kill and there are more in a bigger mission. bump for a size - slider! ...course, we'd complain when we got the occasional small mission but four oranges in the first room..

and speaking of oranges... i was setting my slider to half red (65-75% difficulty) and got greens and yellows. that was before patch, now i have to set it nearly to the half-way mark or i get nothing but reds in the first few rooms even if there *IS* a green guarding the prize most of the time!! lucky for me my poor engi had just scored healing and pos-agress trimmers and his first store-bought gun or i'd be playing that "die 10 times" game like you guys!
    Last edited by crikket; Feb 7th, 2002 at 19:53:33.
    ÷÷÷Crikket the Gunsmith÷÷÷
    "I like my work and I hope you do, too -- but if you don't, I really couldn't care less. Take me or leave me -- but don't bug me." -- Johnny Carson

A slightly new idea about token:

Having 4 tokens in one setting is rather ridiculous than logical : ). Why not different ql of token ? Different color / graphism for each ql. Would work with title level (as someone proposed it already). Could work with the ql of the mission.

A ql1-14 = one token, a ql15-49 = 2 token, etc.. But again it seems stupid a single token giving several token in the board. So maybe a title level requierement ? But then players would scream it is a nerf...

Bah very confuse thought here...

Question Maybe I'm mis-understanding here?

Perhaps I don't understand the whole point of this thread. I'm currently a level 54 Engi with 122 tokens. Yes, I token farmed at low levels to get that board. When I picked up missions in the beginning, well if I didn't like the mission type I scrapped it and moved on. Otherwise I completed my mission, got my token and moven on. Now at 54 I am running missions to get specific items, well I don't care about the token, so I (we) kill mob's, find the item and leave. If I feel like leveling I (or we) run the entire mission and kill everything in site for the experience, the bigger the mission the better! If you are running missions solo at level 100+ you are nuts anways, cause mob's at that level have 8K hit points and more, certainly not a one-man job. In summation there are several reasons to run missions :

1) Every level token farming - Size of mission is too big - scrap it.
    Missions are pretty close anways
    2) Item finding missions - Blitz the mission looking for the item
    and kill anything that gets in your way ( granted sometimes the
    item is in the last room, but that's part of the fun in it ).
    3) Leveling type missions - The bigger the better - bring on more
    mobs, more experience and who cares about anything else.
    Best if run with friends, but even at level 54 I can solo one or
    two missions and level once
    4) High level missions - Used mostly for the experience or with a
    team for a specific item - Solo'ing = suicide for the most part
    and blitzing is near impossible.

There may be more to it than that, but missions have a lot of uses, and you know if you hate the size of the mission, go get another one ... what did it cost you 80 credits? Let's not nit-pick
    mission size, why don't we take a look at the token board, an area FunCom REALLY needs to fix.

Aaleji
    100 NT, 54 Eng, 20 Sold
    General - Vision of Disorder

Originally posted by Sepentura
    I'd hate to leak information....

Lets just say you are gonna love the next patch...
    The patch has just happened my friend, but the missions have gotten even bigger and more difficult. What information exactly did you have and didn't want to leak - LOL. Or maybe you were just being sarcastic?
    They just introduced these new brown looking missions, which are endless, at about halfway through and after 2-3 hours I get tired and leave, only to get bashed by Omni Grid campers. Outcome : 0 XP, 0 credits, no reward. AO is not fun to play anymore.

I've found nothing but large missions since the 13.6 patch.
    Even missions that appear small with a 2x1 opening room go on and on.

My first mission with patch was a new brown cave type HUGE LARGE DEEP mission. Havn't finish it in 30min of fighting + 10min of running...

Originally posted by Novalee
    [other quote]

The patch has just happened my friend, but the missions have gotten even bigger and more difficult. What information exactly did you have and didn't want to leak - LOL. Or maybe you were just being sarcastic?
    They just introduced these new brown looking missions, which are endless, at about halfway through and after 2-3 hours I get tired and leave, only to get bashed by Omni Grid campers. Outcome : 0 XP, 0 credits, no reward. AO is not fun to play anymore.
    there is not enough content in the beyond-low-level game to make it worth the tedium. i usually don't have hours to spend at one play session. i am having more fun with noob chars now because i can get on, do something that feels like a small accomplishment, and log off. getting this feeling at lvl 60+ is not easy to come by in a half hour session.

people are rerolling and starting to leave the game. these are the people that have stuck around a long time and given things a chance. people's patience wears out after a while.

Arrow more player choice

I have to agree, a way of selecting *rough* mission size (which probably should have *some* effect on rewards, maybe mostly on the reward item's QL, most money from missions is from loot and smaller missions = less loot) would be very nice.

Also, with regard to missions, the selection of MOBS seems screwy, I've had a 45% mission that was almost ALL greys, perhaps *too* much variation?

50% missions on my level (141) are always full of greens. Shouldn't yellows be around?
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

Re: missions are insane!

Originally posted by Cyblade7
    Why are the missions SO HUGE? I have no time to spend 3-4 hours on a mission at 92.

Tokens? hah. I started a charactor to farm them. I got him to lvl 6 and got him into a ql12 weapon and he already has 15 tokens. When I get close to lvling I just type /terminate and start all over. Its the only way to ever get a token board worthy of recognition.

Just my .02 creds....

Cyblade

I was having this problem too untill I figured out to set the slider down on token farming sessions, an all green mission no matter how big takes no more than an hour and a half or so. Also, there are certain cave missions in Aegeon that are like 6 rooms max, and maybe a mob in every other room, takes 10 minutes to finish with a token every time. From Avalon mission terminals, I can get these alot.

Cy is right though , the earlier you can get those tokens , the better, my secondary is level 16 with 297 tokens....man im SICK of missions LOL.

LN 84 NT

Hehe all of my chars are cursed. As My guildmates hit thier 30-40 room missions I run off and hit my 100-125 room missions (yes 125). Lovely eh? my record so far is 134 including the entrance room thats about 115 mobs
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123