Thread: Why dont you warp away high lvl people from lowbie towers.

Why dont you warp away high lvl people from lowbie towers.

Here is a deal...

An orgonization with averege players lvl 50-75 builds ql 75 controler now someone decided to attack that base and among with few lvl 50-75 people they brough few lvl 150+ healers who just stand there and heal those lvl 50-75 people.

We didnt get to this in beta couse everyone was equal lvl but i suggest that you remove high lvl people from low lvls areas like crowed control removes people from overcroweded areas.

Ofcource there should be some sort of a timer lets say 2 minuties that you can be in the area then you get warped out if you dont match lvl requemnts of the base.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

This is something I agree on. Or at least make healing equal to combat in terms of PVP level limits. That would pretty much solve the problem. If your actions would aggro a mob, that should also make the PVP limit apply in PvP combat.

dont forget to warp the low lvl players away from the high lvl bases
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Why wal? There's very very little for them to do...

But I agree pom, watching the clanners 'defend' that lvl75 base outside Bliss yesterday was awful. They would have lost... they had maybe half as many defenders as omni-pol had attackers, but a couple docs, a couple MAs, and a couple traders completely outbalanced the fight. I watched one wussy little fixer take 10x his hp in damage but the chain heals let him kill 5 or 6 people attacking him.

Kinda defeats the purpose, no?
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Smile Major bump!

I agree entirely. The pvp system as it is leaves no chance for midlevel guilds in this conflict I think this would be a great solution to the problem.

And Wal is very correct. A low level trader running around ransacking everyone with no fear of being attacked can cause a lot of problems, and there is nothing higher level defenders can do about it.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

problem: my Guild has a lvl50 Tower that I PLACED. I *own* it, so why can't I help defend my OWN tower?
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

limiting high levels

The thing about high levels is that they provide support but they themselves can become involved in the fight when high levels from your side attack them. Sure you might have level 150 docs healing the lowbies defending a lowbie tower, but then level 150 attackers show up and attack them. So it's not a fixed level battle, but a full out battle.

The thing I have learned from my two tower raids so far is that it's not org versus org, it's omni versus clan. Nevermind alliances, politics, whatever, if omni PvPers hear an omni tower is getting attacked, they are going to show up to try and do anything possible to help the cause. I think this is a plus, not a negative.

If I have a level 50 org and plant level 50 towers, my org is not going to stay level 50 forever. In a couple of days a lot of my org CAN be too high level to defend tower versus level 50 attackers. So I have to keep my recruiting efforts up and have a variety of levels available or keep upgrading my tower (if that is possible).

If attackers attack and my own org can't defend because appropriate level org members are offline, I can count on non-member omni personnel helping out.

It's like a frat party; you hear the word "keg" and everybody shows up regardless of whether they are members or not. The freshman might not drink (yeah right) but they can still mingle with the seniors and have a good time.

Re: limiting high levels

Originally posted by Windows NT
    The thing about high levels is that they provide support but they themselves can become involved in the fight when high levels from your side attack them. Sure you might have level 150 docs healing the lowbies defending a lowbie tower, but then level 150 attackers show up and attack them. So it's not a fixed level battle, but a full out battle.
    Not everyone can count on level 150s to come and back them up.

The thing I have learned from my two tower raids so far is that it's not org versus org, it's omni versus clan. Nevermind alliances, politics, whatever, if omni PvPers hear an omni tower is getting attacked, they are going to show up to try and do anything possible to help the cause. I think this is a plus, not a negative.
    Sure, it's this way now, but Notum Wars just came out. Who can say if people will be so willing to jump at PvP in a couple months or that there won't be so many battles, they don't have time. This is a perfect example of how a small, low-level guild can get lost in the fray. Who cares about Joe Noname's guild when MisterUber's high level base needs to be defended!

If I have a level 50 org and plant level 50 towers, my org is not going to stay level 50 forever. In a couple of days a lot of my org CAN be too high level to defend tower versus level 50 attackers. So I have to keep my recruiting efforts up and have a variety of levels available or keep upgrading my tower (if that is possible).
    This creates incentive to take other areas. As your guild grows in level, you'll need to take new areas to stay competitive. That's how it should be. Nobody should be allowed to stagnate.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

I agree fully with Windows NT. Its Omni Vs Clan, And it totally rocks as it is =)

Another problem with warping, in fact a problem with NW that i've seen, is that towers can be around mission locations, warping people away from their mission may become a little bit annoying if they are outside, healing up and recharging nano

I dont know what the idea is in general when you are unlucky enough to pick a mission right next to a tower controlled by an enemy, which happens to have people guarding it, high level can prob just fly straight there in their yalms and avoid all trouble, but not sure that will be the same for the lowbies.

Re: Re: limiting high levels

Originally posted by Luxxan

Sure, it's this way now, but Notum Wars just came out. Who can say if people will be so willing to jump at PvP in a couple months or that there won't be so many battles, they don't have time. This is a perfect example of how a small, low-level guild can get lost in the fray. Who cares about Joe Noname's guild when MisterUber's high level base needs to be defended!

So why would high levels attack Joe Noname's tower instead of MisterUber's high level base? Again, it's omni versus clan, so it would hurt clanners more (for example) to lose a high level tower because they were busy tackling low level tower. More creds are used up and more bonuses are lost. Plus I have a feeling lower QL areas would get filled up faster since they are cheaper (but results may vary).

Well, it could be a variety of circumstances, but maybe a low level guild enlists a few high level friends (they only need a few) to help them wipe out another low level guild. Those few high levels won't really be missed at a large war elsewhere. The defending team would probably have a really hard time getting anyone to come help them after the fact, since everyone would already be out at the other war.

Just hypothetical though. The point is that all of this can be easily avoided by putting in some rules to seperate high and low level players, and in the end, it will only make things more fun for most people.

Also, I don't really think the mass-PvP element of NW will really stay around. Already we've seen orgs take advantage of big battles to (successfully) hit another org's base. Diversionary tactics. It won't take too long for people to learn to manage their resources wisely, which I think will mean a decrease in really large wars at a single area.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

I'm confused about this also. I'm in a low level guild and we had to attempt to defend our ql25 controller last night against a group of Omnis with two level 150ish doctors healing the attackers. What is the point of having level restrictions on the fighting if you're going to allow high levels to come and heal? One would assume the whole point of having level restrictions on the fighting is to allow low level guilds to participate in land control, but allowing high levels to come and heal would seem to negate the purpose of having these restrictions. Am I missing something?

Obviously, as some are saying, if the low level guild in question has friends in high places they can call out for support from high level allies, but once again this would seem to defeat the point of having level restrictions in the first place. Once the dust settles, all land will be controlled by high level guilds with low level alts leaving zero chance for a low level orgs to own land without having high levels backing them up.

If it's going to be a "let the strong survive and the weak fall" type situation that would be fine, but then they should just not have the level restrictions at all. At least that way the low levels could gang up on the high levels in the fight and achieve their strength in numbers. The way it is now is just silly.

As far as warping out high levels goes, I don't think that would be workable, and there's no reason high levels shouldn't be there to observe and direct the battles, it just needs to be balanced so that the presence of high levels doesn't decide everything.

Maybe would be nice that players outside the area's level range (maybe a few levels higher or lower tolerance), get warped out as soon as they execute a nanoprogram. So you can look but you can't touch

seeing as how you are only allowed 1 ql type of tower it seems to make your argument flawed Pomy . If i set a ql 100 , ql 150 and a ql 200 .. i cant defend the ql 100 and in certian circumstances i cant defend my ql 150 . So am i to let these people attack my towers while i cant defend ?