Thread: Low level tower PvP with high level healers...simple solution

Low level tower PvP with high level healers...simple solution

This is a pretty major problem and excludes "honest" low level guilds from competing with "alt" guilds. No average level 60 player stands a chance against a level 60 player backed by a level 200 doc, whether they are attacking or defending.

The simple solution is to put in a PvP level range check for friendly nanos just like for hostile nanos, but only when in a PvP zone. If that level 200 doc tries to heal someone in a PvP zone or in a PvP fight, they must fall within their targets PvP range, or they're SOL.

Very easy and it will let everyone enjoy the Notum Wars equally, regardless of level.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

unfortunatly that would become more problematic than other pratical solutions. Think about a Over all High level guild with a small portion of low level players. what will endup happening is these low level players might join into help defend there base, when the grid in they instantly get jumped on by the only other low level players in the attacking party..... if there are no low level doctors around they will be slaugter'd.

think about it from the other end of the spectrum...
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

just give NTs a nuke that kills level 200's instantly
    Guru - Averykins "Kylee6" Submissiv (15% River Series 6 Princess of 2002)
    Clan Eternal Fury

Originally posted by Xyberviri
    what will endup happening is these low level players might join into help defend there base, when the grid in they instantly get jumped on by the only other low level players in the attacking party..... if there are no low level doctors around they will be slaugter'd.

think about it from the other end of the spectrum...
    This is exactly the problem. If you are too high level to fight the enemy present, you are too high level to help your friends fight them as well. Just because your guild didn't forsee this issue doesn't mean the attacking enemy should be forced to deal with your "unfair" healing advantage.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

I dont agree with that.

It is team pvp. Everyone defending the towers should be able to do so and help each other out. If there are 200 healers on one side, why cant their be on the other? If both sides have the same thing then how it is unbalanced?

I guess I would use your argument, why punnish one side because the other side is not as well prepaired?

Yes it is kind of lame IF the 200 is teamed and spamming team heals, but even though it is lame it is tactics, and good ones I might add.

if the 200 is not teamed then it is a PAIN to select whoever is needing healing and casting on them. It is quite a bit of skill to keep everyone alive without having the team healthbars to look at. At that point there is a lot of skill and timing involved.

this is a non-problem in my eyes.

If someone has superior forces then they hold the land... that is the point isnt it?
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Hahahah....level checking friendly NFs would piss off many a twinker......
    .: Naraya :.

Esp due to the fact that all the new Friendly NF's have level checks.

edit: Example

Stare of Cerberus
    Req to use:
    Self Profession == Adventurer
    Self PsychologicalModification >= 761
    Self SensoryImprovement >= 761
    Self MonsterData == 30348
    Self Level >= 185
    Target MonsterData == 30348
    Target Level >= 175
    Last edited by Xyberviri; Dec 6th, 2002 at 14:34:16.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

I think he's taking the opinion of a guild consisiting of low lvl characters, say lvl 50 characters. The limit of their resources is low, yet a guild with many 200 characters could easily make lvl 50 twinks and take out the other guilds tower. As one guild would not be able to generate the lvl 200 healers but the other would, the larger higher lvl guild would win.

With the way it is now, the wars will always favor the guilds that have the most people with the highest level healers. This tends to favor larger guilds with higher leveled members, and leaves the lower level guilds with no land to control.

One could argue that this is fine and the high lvl people need/deserve/pay for/blah blah the enjoyment of towers in PvP, but from the looks of it NW was not designed explicitly for high lvl people, otherwise what is the purpose of ql 50 and 10 towers? To give high lvlers twinks something to blow up?

Smaller guilds should be able to get just as much enjoyment out of making towers as collossally huge guilds. The same is true with high lvl guilds and low lvl guilds.

Also there was a distinction in the suggestion between PvP and Non-PvP zones. It seems like the intent is to prevent a 200 character from giving an significant advantage to a lvl 50 in a PvP zone, via heals etc. However, he made no issue with doing so in a non-PvP environment. In otherwords, a 200 doc giving a lvl 50 HP buffs outside the PvP, but be unable to heal them inside said area.

To this last bit I would make the following changed. Have it only affect those higher then the limit helping those lower then it. IE Allow a character who falls below the PvP limit to aid those who are above it. This would help those that are two low to actually fight in the conflict still feel useful by helping in it...even if in a minor way.
    Last edited by Atreyu; Dec 6th, 2002 at 23:27:31.

Thumbs down

From test:http://dimensions-qwest.anarchy-onli...her/index.html
    We have decided to restrict the positive influence of healing and buffing of lower level players after the Shield Disabler Item has been used. In LC areas, after this has happened and you are PvP enabled (after Grace), you will no longer be able to heal or buff people outside the PvP attack range.
    No matter just means we have to get people out side of the towers range but still in the range of the guild attackers.......

Edit: btw, let the wars begin the Noobs are Going down!
    Last edited by Xyberviri; Dec 10th, 2002 at 08:24:07.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus