Thread: Graphicaly Engine fix

Lightbulb Graphicaly Engine fix

Funcom I would suggest you change how this game loads charater textures.. Instead of on the run it could foexample load them when you zone?.. Im not quiet sure how it works but this is out it seems for me. So flame away! If they changed it around it should do away with alot of lag. How many here could deal with a 60 second zone instead of choppy mess? Im sure i would go with the 60 seconds.. Just share your thoughs and all this is a suggestion.

better idea?

Loading all the textures at zone time wouldn't really be feasible. You don't really want it to load textures for some guy on the other side of the zone who you aren't even going to run into, do you? Memory usage is bad enough already.
    What I think they do need to do, however, is have some kind of 'background' texture loading going on, with a default texture displayed until the real one is ready. This is a realtime game, so I would rather have someone/something displayed with a default texture for a few moments than have the constant texture-load stuttering we have now.