Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to unregister NW?

Is it possible to unregister NW?

I'm going to return it to the store. Not even close to being worth the $20.00 in my opinion.
    Last edited by Chipforbrain; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 03:57:02.

Judging a little early, don't you think?

You could email support@funcom.com and ask them.

Once it's registered, it's done. Worked for a retailer for around 2 years and not once did we take a return of any online game that charges a monthly fee.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Re: Is it possible to unregister NW?

Originally posted by Smoochies
    Not even close to being worth the $20.00 in my opinion.
    im with ya on this one. what a waste of time/money.

Oh, please, not this again...

For software, you pay for the license to use a product, not the product itself. A license is clearly non-refundable, and this is the way it is with every piece of commercial software out there.

Did you see it coming with a money-back guarantee? No? Well, hoop-ti-dooo.

The company I buy from does accept returns of online games. It is going to be returned. As for beign too early, I've had it for 3 days now...after 5 mins of having it loaded I formed the opinion above. Not even close to worth it in my opinion.

What i wanted to know if there was a was to unregister it on the website to remove NW from being active on my account.

No, there is not. For the reason that you really aren't supposed to be able to return it (even if you did it could not be resold), then you should have no reason to unregister it. As for it not being worth the $20? I dissagree.
    "When in doubt... explode" - me
    "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer." - I have no idea
    "People disagree with me. I just ignore them." - Linus Torvalds, regarding the use of C++ for the Linux kernel
    "Join the army, travel the world, meet new interesting people and kill them."
    "If it looks easy, it's tough. If it looks tough, it's damn well impossible." - Stockmayer's Theorem
    "It's not the fall that kills you, it's the landing." - IRuleThe.net

You formed your opinion to return it within 5 minutes? You explored everything new in NW in *FIVE* minutes?

But seriously. Forget returning it. Would be like returning a half-eaten candybar since you didn't like how it tasted.

Some people (you might even be one) form opinions on how to spend their money before actually purchasing something. Some people actually consider them to be wise consumers.

You can do it in 3, but please..don't take my word for it. Buy it for yourself. If you think its great...good for you

However, I'm returning it because I am unsatisfied with this product. A few towers that add to stats and some really expensive new cars just isn't worth $20 to me.
    Last edited by Chipforbrain; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 22:26:28.

Yeah, real team pvp that actually matters is *totally* useless, of course.

And if you return the booster and someone else gets that, they can't use it.

Way to go on screwing your fellow gamers!
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Way to go on screwing your fellow gamers!

Ummm...it gets returned to manfacturer..not resold.

thanx for the hint, maybe I wont be in any rush to get this booster thing...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

(does a search to see if Author was one that used to whine for more content)

Oh I dont know if you noticed or not...but the Client also was shipped with this 20 you spent.

Basically you spent 20$ for the original game..fully patched with notum wars.

(for those of you ignorant enough to not see what im saying...pretend yout PC died. Hard Drive Dead. Boom. Poof. You reload OS and pull out SHiny new NW CD. Put in little slot in computer..hit a button watch it load. Then you are playing within 5 mins.

Or woudl you rather Download every patch all over again..and re apply them? Hell THATS worth the 20$ if anything at all. I find it amusing that the Author here said he could form his opinion of this in 3 mins. Wow. What a Picky person. I bet he was also one to complain about the specifics on the Leet Charming Nanos too.

Chill man. You allready spent yer cash..why not keep it. People ***** and whine and moan and cry and rant and rave about how Crappy AO is. Either Quit or shut up if you dont like it. If you do..keep yer NW. I See it as with my 20$ they just took from me..MAYBE they might keep improving things.

Bah what am I doing...you will argue and continue to belive what you belive in. Thats the point for these forums right? TO state your opinion with ignorance and annoying regularity..and then not ever back donw once, no matter how often one is shown is a fool?

Bah forget it.

Hahaha.

You suggested no one buy another FC product, and then you... bought another Funcom product.

Hmm.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Could you name this store that takes back software. I've never heard of a store that will take back opened software or video games registered or not. If such a place exists I'm sure a lot of us may wish to shop there.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

apparently ure not even paying for all that new shiny stuff
    being able to use a few new shops + getting a few extra bonuses.

IMAD!man wrote
    "ADDED when installing Notum wars
    Anarchy-Online\cd_image\sound\music\env\Land control

Anarchy-Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\player

Thats about all I could find. For some reason though after I installed Notum wars the game did not run the same. I get wacky stuff poppin up all over in my wear pages. Also the running is no long smooth it's hard to explain it is like lag or something."

so what u are paying for is 2 wav's

ROFLMAO
    soo glad i cancelled my orders at DR, the reasons to do this grows in numbers by the day
    then again i should have learned my lesson from the first time i tried to stick with a FC product from release
    . maybe in a few months ill go buy it when all major issues are taken care of

Wasnt the original excuse of funcom not to put this on the net because 'it was to big'? Those voices things couldnt have taken up alot of space and graphics cant take much room...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Wasnt the original excuse of funcom not to put this on the net because 'it was to big'? Those voices things couldnt have taken up alot of space and graphics cant take much room...
    Nope, the reason it wasn't released as a "Patch" was it was too big to "force" people to download. They have yet to give a reason why it is not available to download to buy, but it is a pretty fair guess it is to get shelf coverage before christmas.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Actually, FC has said several times why it's not available for download.

They need the retail recognition for the project. If they had it available for download, so many people would buy it online and not from a retail outlet, meaning retailers wouldn't ever carry the companies games on their shelves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast