Thread: Defense should be easier....

Red face Defense should be easier....

In all common war situations, playing on the defensive side SHOULD ALWAYS be easier than attacking.

To lose towers (that you paid for) in a matter of minutes is completely bull

There needs to be some change, towers do more damage, get more HP, SOMETHING.

It shouldn't be easy for the offense to come in and waste a base that you spent alot of time building.
    Last edited by Cz; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 10:23:05.

err?

Its a lot easier to defend than to attack. Just stay under your towers. Of course if the attackers come with a superior force the base is a gonner unless you get backup.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Defense is harder than attacking. You have to learn how to be strong everywhere or the attackers will just find your weakness and exploit it. Until people learn, the attackers will win.

I'm not sure I agree. We've had very little trouble defending our base. If you get low on health, you run back into and through your base. The odds of the attackers chasing after you are low because they'll be running towards more turrets and attack towers. They'll most likely stay where they are and de-aggro you to attack someone else near them (allowing you to recharge). We did this a few times yesterday and I don't think we had more than 1 death while wiping out their entire attack force.

This was the first wave of course. After the first wave we had droves of Clanners coming to assist in defending our base and the following 2 waves of Omni attacks were laughable at best, but at least they made an attempt giving us all some excitement. It was fun

At all bases I have attacked the defenders have gridded in 1 and 1, sometimes 2 at same time but then they go fo diffrent targets.

The defense need to group up and grid in together ofcourse, else it's impossible.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Once a defense is organized it, and if the base isn't pitifully small and poorly laid out, it is pretty easy to drive off attackers and push them back to 'suppression gas camping.'

The hard part of defense is keeping attackers from wrecking too many of your towers before people can get organized and get to the area. Alot of guilds (especially with many Europeans) don't have many booster copies yet so they can't construct goodly-sized bases for a few days. That leaves them more vulnerable than they will be by week's end.

The Org. Towers channel doing something to notify all org members when one of our towers is attacked would be a big help though. We shouldn't have to camp our own towers when the gas is down if our leader isn't on-line.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Well, yes I guess you are right, our base didn't have THAT many towers, although I think it was the biggest at the time, and it was built AND destroyed on the same day (NW release).

And the +30 clanners attacking didn't help

defenders have slight advantage

Defenders have a slight advantage in that they have the towers attacking the offenders. I say slight because one on one the towers do do some decent damage but when there are multiple attackers I am not sure if the tower can multiattack all offenders at the same time.

Besides all sides have to get their act together. If they don't they aren't gonna win anything. Omni was attacking clan towers in Newland Desert yesterday and at first they were doing good since they outnumbered clanners, but then more clanners showed up and they were well organized in groups and were able to keep the last two towers up as of 1:30 AM EST (we started attack around 11 PM EST I think).

BTW, there should be a channel where we can coord attacks. We were just shouting, which is not a good strategy. I guess OT OOC channel will be the way to go, hope other omni don't mind....

Temp chat channel

Start a chat channel for base defense then. Use those temporary channels.

What might make things easier for defenders is if the shield disabler took some time to work - say it took 5 minutes from start to finish to drop the defense shields, allowing the attackers to assault the base. That way, the defenders have 5 minutes to get to their base before the assault can begin.

Seems to me that those towers have enough hp's that it there is plenty of time to get there and defend them.

Why build a tower if u can not defend it?

I mean hey.....if u got a lvl 200+ tower than u should expect 50 lvl 200 ppl to come and bring it down.....

If not then stop building towers......

Defense is NOT easier. :P

All an attacking force has to do is mass FIRST (not after) before initiating war. Towers are little *****es, and a large force of title 5-title6 players can anhilate them very fast. :P

Biggest reason defenders survive is because the attackers didn't mass FIRST. They started with a few and more trickle in later.

Second biggest being the defenders knowing they would be attacked and being there already.

I'm fairly certain any group of 30-40 players could absolutely destroy any 150-200 control tower without fear.

Screenshot in my sig is just 12 omni taking down a 150. That fight was so fast that I didn't even have to recharge nano. And evocations take a lot of nano. :P

The problem with the QL150 towers is that they are attackable by the biggest lvl span of them all. And that makes them very hard to balance... Should they be balanced for the 100-150 chars or the 150-200 chars....
    I have no idea how this problem should be solved... If you boost them too much then they will be too hard for the low level range..

The QL220+ ones though aren't a walk in the ballpark. They should give the defenders more then enough time to gather thier forces and grid in.

How one places the towers are very very important... Too many guardians and the attackers can just walse right in...

Yes the 10points of damageshield per tower on the controller needs to be increased in my taste, perhaps upto 50 points.
    Or make it QL dependant of the controller.

But so far as I know we haven't seen any real big tower areas yet... aka 40-50 towers. (But I might be wrong)
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Agree to Noer, defending is much easier - unless your reinforcements go LD while gridding to the Outpost

Regards,
    Jannerik

tower hp

I will agree that I thought towers would have more hp relatively speaking. IOW I was at a QL 75 tower and it took a while to bring down with a bunch of attackers wailing on it. Then I was at a QL 50 tower and two attackers (me being one of them) seem to be doing heavy damage to one of the towers. If the doc backing me up hadn't died, we would have definitely brough it down.

Do you think the hp of the towers account for say a level 59 NT using a QL 73+ nano? Or in the same vein a level 42 using a level 57 weapon or somesuch?

Heh...Jynne's right. Noer's right. Zylina is right...Everybody is right

If you have the stomach for it, I'd suggest reading Sun Tzu: The Art of War.

To give a bit of relevance:

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

At all bases I have attacked the defenders have gridded in 1 and 1, sometimes 2 at same time but then they go fo diffrent targets.

The defense need to group up and grid in together ofcourse, else it's impossible.

Appear at places where he must rush to defend, and rush to places where he least expects.
    Originally posted by Zylina

Biggest reason defenders survive is because the attackers didn't mass FIRST. They started with a few and more trickle in later.

If our army is at full force and the enemy is divided, then we will attack him at ten times his strength.
    Therefore, we are many and the enemy few
    If we attack our many against his few, the enemy will be in dire straits.

Second biggest being the defenders knowing they would be attacked and being there already.
    Therefore, against those skilled in attack, the enemy does not know where to defend;
    Originally posted by Shubalubdub

Defense is harder than attacking. You have to learn how to be strong everywhere or the attackers will just find your weakness and exploit it. Until people learn, the attackers will win.

If he prepares to defend everywhere, everywhere will be weak.
    Originally posted by Sheffy

We've had very little trouble defending our base. If you get low on health, you run back into and through your base. The odds of the attackers chasing after you are low because they'll be running towards more turrets and attack towers.

To be certain of safety when defending, defend where the enemy cannot attack.
    Over 2000 years old and still have some relevance...Scary. People just need time to stop thinking along the lines of hitting 'Q' and going to grab a beer. I'm just waiting to see when 2 well led orgs duke it out one day
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio