Thread: Automatic reload times are borked

Automatic reload times are borked

Repro

Use a really slow weapon with that has a clip size of 1 like an Arwen 404 grenade launcher.

Start timing
    Attack a mob, notice after the first attack there is a huge pause while the attack bar is at maximum.
    After a long while the reload bar comes up and you reload.
    Next shot you see the same pause when the attack bar is at max
    Stop Timing

Now do this.
    Start timing
    Attack a mob. a second after the attack bar reaches maximum turn off the attack.
    Reload by dragging a ammo on to the weapon.
    Turn attack on.
    Stop timing

Reloading by hand is easily 2 to 3 times faster. This really borks any size one clip weapon pretty much making them useless unless you want to manually reload after each shot.

Grammps

Re: Automatic reload times are borked

Originally posted by Blech

This really borks any size one clip weapon pretty much making them useless unless you want to manually reload after each shot.
    Then I suggest you to manually reload unless you suffer from a physical condition that makes you unable to. Until further notice.

Re: Re: Automatic reload times are borked

Originally posted by Real Mean Destructiva

Then I suggest you to manually reload unless you suffer from a physical condition that makes you unable to. Until further notice.
    Unforntunately this only works if you are not doing anything else besides watching the battle. If you start casting nanos, healing etc while doing this you tend to get the dread Wait for your previous action to end which basically locks your attacks off for even longer.

Grammps

Re: Re: Re: Automatic reload times are borked

Originally posted by Blech

Unforntunately this only works if you are not doing anything else besides watching the battle. If you start casting nanos, healing etc while doing this you tend to get the dread Wait for your previous action to end which basically locks your attacks off for even longer.
    Well, that is true that so is the case that you often recieve "please-wait-for-the-current-action-blah-blah" message. But that should be a mental reminder for you and everyone to reload at the beginning of the battle and at the end of the battle and, not to forget, before the battle.

And as a minor sidenote here; I cannot, of course, not say what your mates prefer if you heal them or you shoot at the mob, but I would prefer that you focused on healing than fighting. But then again, that is my opionion.

Lastly, I believe that you can do more than just heal and shoot simultaneously. But again, that is just me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Automatic reload times are borked

Originally posted by Real Mean Destructiva

But that should be a mental reminder for you and everyone to reload at the beginning of the battle and at the end of the battle and, not to forget, before the battle.
    That is not the problem it is the manual reloading 5 or 6 times during the battle that blows chunks.

I dont even bother equiping my grenade launcher now, and just rely entirely my braindead bot. Now if i could just get all my ips back that are now in a useless skill.

Grammps

This bug is bad enough in PvM, but it's almost fatal in PvP. Manually reloading is an unneeded hassle due to the inefficient control system.

bump.. still borked.

even if you manually reload you still have to wait the annoying 10 seconds befroe you can start combat, utterly unacceptable in fast team missions.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

I get this bug with my support Beam which doesn't need reloading.

I attack the bar fills then stops for anything between 1 sec and 5 and then i attack and the bar emptys. Doesn't happen all the time but is starting to get anoying. Enven had this happen while runnig rage and flurry with a melee int of likw 1300+
    Gartan - rk2